Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 767,976 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

In a very honestly spoken review, Inside Gaming's Adam Kovic (Machinima) gives it a 10/10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGh1k0nyarM#ws

Prime113

Prime113

Very small spoiler, the guy said it in the IGN review and I gave a piece of my mind.

Spoiler
I'm not gonna lie guys, when he said that Cortana gets you in more trouble than any enemy, I was kind've upset. I absolutely hate that in games when your ally keeps getting you in trouble over and over again. If this is just the beginning of Cortana's downfall, then 5 and 6 are gonna blow.
[close]

BUT! Besides that..... :o :o :o :o :o Holy shiiiittt! This game looks absolutely incredible.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Prime113 on Nov 01, 2012, 01:41:49 PM
Spoiler
I'm not gonna lie guys, when he said that Cortana gets you in more trouble than any enemy, I was kind've upset. I absolutely hate that in games when your ally keeps getting you in trouble over and over again. If this is just the beginning of Cortana's downfall, then 5 and 6 are gonna blow.
[close]
I am absolutely certain he meant on a narrative level.

Spoiler
Which is why he said that the role reversal is Chief second-guessing her actions.
[close]

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 01, 2012, 01:43:34 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Nov 01, 2012, 01:41:49 PM
Spoiler
[close]
I am absolutely certain he meant on a narrative level.

Spoiler
Which is why he said that the role reversal is Chief second-guessing her actions.
[close]

Spoiler
Well, that's the same then. I mean, does he mean that Cortana is gonna tell you to go left instead of right, and leads you into a f**k ton of enemies or what? I just...I don't know, I knew she would be messed up, but having the fact that I'm gonna be lead into stupid ass situations because of her, really drove me the wrong way. Now, when I'm sitting down playing it, it could turn out completely different. Cause, like the reviewer said, both characters have more to say, and is a more personal story. That would be the only way to save it for me, is if Chief admits that he loves Cortana and doesn't want her to go.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Spoiler
No, like, to make a scenario: say that Cortana wants to try something reckless and bold that may just work, but the UNSC are totally against it; as Chief, you're with her doing it, but it's not in line with 'protocol'. That's trouble; not her playing weird gameplay pranks on you. It's all a matter of narrative evolution instead of gameplay manipulation. If Cortana is breaking apart, it's her getting last-ditch mentality in which she's going to have a reckless side to her, not an antagonistic one.

It's up to Chief to decide whether she's taking things too far or not; him being with Cortana for so long, he mostly trusts her judgement, and with that new boldness she contains, he has to speak up to his superiors or others about it. So it's not so much about falling in line anymore, it's about characters that used to be made for orders making their own choices -- more to say.
[close]

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 01, 2012, 01:51:12 PM
Spoiler
No, like, to make a scenario: say that Cortana wants to try something reckless and bold that may just work, but the UNSC are totally against it; as Chief, you're with her doing it, but it's not in line with 'protocol'. That's trouble; not her playing weird gameplay pranks on you. It's all a matter of narrative evolution instead of gameplay manipulation. If Cortana is breaking apart, it's her getting last-ditch mentality in which she's going to have a reckless side to her, not an antagonistic one.

It's up to Chief to decide whether she's taking things too far or not; him being with Cortana for so long, he mostly trusts her judgement, and with that new boldness she contains, he has to speak up to his superiors or others about it. So it's not so much about falling in line anymore, it's about characters that used to be made for orders making their own choices -- more to say.
[close]

Spoiler
Ohhhh, alright then, yeah that could work. I'm not in line with disobeying orders or anything, but her just trying something reckless and against protocol sounds sooo much better than what I thought. Thank you for that, Sweeps. Now..
[close]

How about them facial animations and just overall graphics?!  :o

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Prime113 on Nov 01, 2012, 01:56:45 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So many spoiler tags! :o

I'm sure they're not anything major, but I made it this far without ruining anything... I can wait until Tuesday.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 01, 2012, 01:58:39 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Nov 01, 2012, 01:56:45 PM
Spoiler
[close]

:laugh: :laugh: You win, good sir, you win.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 01, 2012, 01:58:51 PM
So many spoiler tags! :o

I'm sure they're not anything major, but I made it this far without ruining anything... I can wait until Tuesday.

We didn't discuss anything that wasn't in the IGN review, we merely speculated on what it could mean. That is all.  :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ahh, I actually even shut the IGN review off halfway through, only because they were showing some brief snippets of cutscenes I had yet to expose myself too :D

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 01, 2012, 02:10:19 PM
Ahh, I actually even shut the IGN review off halfway through, only because they were showing some brief snippets of cutscenes I had yet to expose myself too :D

:laugh: I had thoughts to do the same, but I couldn't resist. But, that will be the only review I watch, as I don't want to be spoiled on anymore.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nearing the end of Halo 2!!! Hoping to have it finished before the day is over. Then tomorrow I'll start Halo 3 and have that finished by Monday.

AndTuesday is, well, you know... ;D

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 01, 2012, 03:49:43 PM
Nearing the end of Halo 2!!! Hoping to have it finished before the day is over. Then tomorrow I'll start Halo 3 and have that finished by Monday.

AndTuesday is, well, you know... ;D

Niiice! Still gotta finish Halo 3, myself.

Is Tuesday ODST?  ???

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Prime113 on Nov 01, 2012, 03:53:31 PM
Is Tuesday ODST?  ???

Nah man, just this little game :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIspQ1NmGf4#ws

I only have time to do the trilogy leading up to Halo 4, unfortunately. I had to skip Wars, ODST, and Reach.

WinterActual

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed