Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,611 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I just don't like the head. Flood has always had the head and neck shoved back, discarded almost, as an appendage useless to its needs, feathery feelers protruding from the chest and esophagus. And that's a look that I absolutely adore. This just doesn't fit with that.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 27, 2012, 12:12:15 AM
I just don't like the head. Flood has always had the head and neck shoved back, discarded almost, as an appendage useless to its needs, feathery feeling protruding from the chest and esophagus. And that's a look that I absolutely adore. This just doesn't fit with that.

Just remember, it's all part of the Spartans training, it's just a sim. That should justify the look, at least it does to me...unless this is yet another aesthetic change by 343.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 27, 2012, 12:12:15 AM
I just don't like the head. Flood has always had the head and neck shoved back, discarded almost, as an appendage useless to its needs, feathery feeling protruding from the chest and esophagus. And that's a look that I absolutely adore. This just doesn't fit with that.

My guess is that its because these Flood are designed with multiplayer in mind. If the head is pushed back like previous Flood entities, it'll mess up headshots and stuff.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Forget headshots, it'll wreck any semblance of a hit box they might have. It'd suck to be creeping around a corner and take damage from some guy above you who can see your sort of pushed back "head" from behind a wall. Plus the reason all of the species heads were like that was that the flood would burst from their chest. Even if the species had armor (Brutes and Elites) they would break through that and the head would be pushed back. Spartans are the first to have restricting armor really, the flood couldn't break through the body suit completely and the heads were kept in place by the helmets. Once they were done transforming the combat form probably stripped it all off. That's probably the in universe explanation for why they retained their shape.

Also am I the only one who wants to see those flaps on their faces open up randomly like Shriekers from Tremors?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I still don't like it, and will say so loudly. The feathered areas serve perfectly well for headshots.

It just doesn't look like the Flood.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 27, 2012, 02:43:55 AM
I still don't like it, and will say so loudly. The feathered areas serve perfectly well for headshots.

Looks like a completely new enemy to me. They may have just well have done a new "zombie" enemy for us to fight.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Sep 27, 2012, 02:41:23 AM
Also am I the only one who wants to see those flaps on their faces open up randomly like Shriekers from Tremors?

The Gravemind's mouth in Halo Legends opened in a similar manner :)

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 27, 2012, 02:43:55 AM

The heads certainly are strange and sort of un-Flood like, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 27, 2012, 02:48:05 AM
The heads certainly are strange and sort of un-Flood like, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I've been find with 343 on everything else, but I've decided that this will be the one thing I grab onto and never stop bitching about.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

See, for me that would be the lack of Plasma Rifle :P

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

^ See I can understand that because it's a legitimate part of the game, its a weapon you can use, but...

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 27, 2012, 02:50:16 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 27, 2012, 02:48:05 AM

I've been find with 343 on everything else, but I've decided that this will be the one thing I grab onto and never stop bitching about.
That's a bit... Childish. I can understand hating a change, but just strictly deciding never to let it go and cling onto it is how to put it.... Very uncanadian, mister maple syrup blood

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 27, 2012, 02:51:19 AM

I'm already crying because I know that Legendary is going to have its way with me because of this. Here's hoping the Prometheans don't have much shields, and that the Covenant aren't that many to begin with.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 27, 2012, 02:51:19 AM

That's right...

There shall be two things I grab onto and never stop bitching about!

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Sep 27, 2012, 02:52:41 AM
That's a bit... Childish. I can understand hating a change, but just strictly deciding never to let it go and cling onto it is how to put it.... Very uncanadian, mister maple syrup blood

For one thing, this is the most complete aesthetic overhaul they've done yet; doesn't even resemble what it's supposed to.

For another, my tongue was firmly in my cheek when I made that comment. ;)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm never playing Infection with you.

"Look, we know it's using the airshafts to--"
("I just don't like it one bit-- looks like some Resident Evil shit!")
"Will you listen to me, Parker? SHUT UP!"

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ehh...not a big fan of the Reach wing design, to be honest.

Looking cool.

Looking really cool.

Nice.

Huh...now what do we have here? Stripped down Cyclops or something?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 27, 2012, 02:55:15 AM
I'm never playing Infection with you.

"Look, we know it's using the airshafts to--"
("I just don't like it one bit-- looks like some Resident Evil shit!")
"Will you listen to me, Parker? SHUT UP!"

"Yeah, well, there's somethin' else I'd rather be fightin' right now."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed