Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 767,961 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 13, 2012, 06:23:03 PM
I don't understand why they don't just use Steve Downes. Felt the same watching Halo Legends. I mean, I get that he's supposed to be younger, but Downes is Master Chief.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. His voice isn't going to change much in those twenty years, especially considering there's not even a tonal similarity here. I guess they were just going for giving the role more to Daniel Cudmore, seeing as he's doing the body work.

...Still doesn't logically make much sense. I heard Jen Taylor at toward the end of the trailer though.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Why would it not change in those 20 years?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The tone of voice does change in those 20 years for a lot of people.

But yeah, they should have just gotten Downes to do the voice. If Kevin Conroy can do the voice for young Bruce Wayne as he has in the past, Downes should be able to do the same.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jul 13, 2012, 06:32:48 PM
Why would it not change in those 20 years?
Obviously, minor things would, but overall, it'd still be recognizable from his voice previously. It's not like we're going back to his teenaged years here.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

We kind of are, 20 years is an approximation I think, I'd have to go listen to the spark cast again and see if they explicitly say he's 20, but it said in the books that when he was 14 he looked like an 18 year old olympic athlete, so I think he could be 18 or 19 during this.
And even if it wouldn't change that much naturally, his voice might change due to the fact it's 20 years of pure combat. They literally freeze the guy and only unfreeze him to fight :laugh:

One way or the other, Steve Downes didn't do the voice for him in this series, that won't change, an it kind of sucks.

Nightlord

Nightlord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBg9DypNb9M#ws

A look at the armoury, mainly shows helmets.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightlord on Jul 14, 2012, 02:27:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBg9DypNb9M#ws

A look at the armoury, mainly shows helmets.

The final helmet they showed is all I was looking for...goooooooood.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vepariga on Jul 13, 2012, 10:04:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3Y8Ws3plI#ws

Halo 4 Live action series,Im not going to lie. I teared up when I saw Chief.

Ok trailer. The actors looked a bit wooden if I'm to be honest.

And for those of you wondering why Downes isn't playing Chief. That's because he's a voice actor. Not too many voice actors play live action because they aren't always trained for it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

We weren't wondering why he wasn't in the suit, just why he isn't providing the voice.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2012, 06:03:22 PM
Quote from: Vepariga on Jul 13, 2012, 10:04:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3Y8Ws3plI#ws

Halo 4 Live action series,Im not going to lie. I teared up when I saw Chief.

Ok trailer. The actors looked a bit wooden if I'm to be honest.

And for those of you wondering why Downes isn't playing Chief. That's because he's a voice actor. Not too many voice actors play live action because they aren't always trained for it.

Doom...that's not...ah, f**k it...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It would cost extra. Since he's been doing the voice for so long, he likely charges a higher rate than this crew could afford.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Must...not...watch...

ShadowPred

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 15, 2012, 01:53:52 AM
Must...not...watch...
Resist comrade! We can resist!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed