Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,718 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Greater variety of textures and aesthetics in the available pieces. Everything in Forge World looked exactly the same.

Prime113

Prime113

About the Spartan Ops - We'll probably have 2-3 AVPG squad tearin it up. SpaceMarines, Rich, you can be my wingmen any day.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jun 28, 2012, 07:44:22 AM
So just as a little food for thought, what stuff would you like them to add to Forge?
I get the feeling they're adding stuff and making it better because it's under wraps right now. All they've done is say its in but give no details.
I'd like to have a real blank map for forging. Forge world was nice but it wasn't entirely a blank canvas. The geometry and lack of flat spaces that weren't inside hindered maps. Foundry was great because it was flat and big enough to do whatever in. I'd also like some sort of copy and paste feature but that would rob a lot of forgers of they're accomplishments so I don't know about that one

An undo-redo feature. If I had a dime for every time I f**ked somethign up in Forge World, then had to do it all over again, editing the coordinates back to perfection... Gah, it just got annoying.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I remember hearing some people saying that they would like Kinect to be implemented in Forge. I'm not much of a Forger, and I don't have kinect, but if they do this and it leads to better maps, I'd be a happy player!

I agree with having a blank canvas, maybe something similar to Halo 3's sandbox with the three different layers. Another thing I would like is more in-depth color changing. The red/blue team stuff in Halo Reach was nice, but I think they can implement more to make stuff even more customizable.

And I know this is crazy and far fetched, but I'd love to be able to change the whether. A dark, New Mombasa esque place with rain...yes please!

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 28, 2012, 05:28:39 PM
And I know this is crazy and far fetched, but I'd love to be able to change the whether. A dark, New Mombasa esque place with rain...yes please!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Now I'm really in the mood to play ODST again :D Just gotta work my way through Reach, CEA, and the beginning of 2 first :P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 28, 2012, 05:28:39 PM

Hells yeah, that would be great! Dynamic lighting and weather, guh.

Also, just in general, I'd love to have a city-streets, urban combat type multiplayer map. I know that wouldn't fit in with the campaign, but so what. I always love playing in those building-to-building, street-to-street combat maps; room for close-quarters and long-range.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I think I must be the only one that didn't really like those dark levels you played as the Rookie in ODST. They never really did anything for me. :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 28, 2012, 05:40:39 PM
Hells yeah, that would be great! Dynamic lighting and weather, guh.

Also, just in general, I'd love to have a city-streets, urban combat type multiplayer map. I know that wouldn't fit in with the campaign, but so what. I always love playing in those building-to-building, street-to-street combat maps; room for close-quarters and long-range.
I would love it as well. I think the game ships with 10 multiplayer maps, if I recall correctly, and then there are going to be three DLC map packs. Maybe we'll get an urban map at some point.

And if I recall correctly, Frankie did mention that they would be using a lot of dynamic lighting this time around.

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 28, 2012, 05:41:21 PM
I think I must be the only one that didn't really like those dark levels you played as the Rookie in ODST. They never really did anything for me. :-\

Really? That was my favorite part of the game, personally. Found it a nice change of pace from the traditional Halo levels (though I'm very excited to be going back to the roots, in a way, with Halo 4).

Shasvre

Shasvre

It might be a different experience, should I ever get the chance to play through it alone. But I felt like I never really got the chance to just walk around and explore when I played with my friend. Seems like the kind of levels where you would want to take things slow and just take in the enviroment.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Oh, yeah, those are meant to be played alone. The dark, city environment? Fantastic setpiece. Truly makes you feel all alone and isolated.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 28, 2012, 05:55:41 PM
Oh, yeah, those are meant to be played alone. The dark, city environment? Fantastic setpiece. Truly makes you feel all alone and isolated.

The f**king best.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Playing as the rookie in the dark streets on New Mombassa reminded me of the first time I fell in love with Blade Runner.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

I'm not sure if that's traced or just a horribly drawn alien and a screen shot of chief run through a few filters.
Either way
"Quick Chief! Up in the air!!!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed