Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,750 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

CoD 4 I didn't find too bad (although it was an incredibly tedious and frustrating exercise) until Mile High Club.

f**k Mile High Club.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Jun 19, 2012, 04:22:13 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 19, 2012, 04:16:48 AM
Halo CE on Legendary vs...CoD 4 on Veteran. Which is harder?

Halo CEA by far.

Really? Wow. That's saying something because CoD 4, especially the later levels, drove me mad. Let's not talk about MHC >_<

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

That last f**king mission is really what f**ked me up in CoD 4: MW. It was absolutely f**king insane. Jesus Christ.

Halo: CE is really pretty much the same thing, that Flood mission really angered me.

If I had to choose...I really couldn't. They both were pretty much in the same range for me.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Mile High Club on verteran is my only achievement remaining for that game, too bad I only rented that game once, around the time it came out, back when we still had blockbuster ladies and gents.

I can't say Halo CE on legendary is harder because I actually accomplished that. Damn you MHC...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That case continues to sit on my shelf, staring. Mocking.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 19, 2012, 04:30:26 AM
That last f**king mission is really what f**ked me up in CoD 4: MW. It was absolutely f**king insane. Jesus Christ.

Halo: CE is really pretty much the same thing, that Flood mission really angered me.

If I had to choose...I really couldn't. They both were pretty much in the same range for me.

War Room? Yeah, that level seriously needed more checkpoints.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Checkpoints were honestly the biggest problem with halo CE for me. I just felt that they didn't come often enough, and when they did, they were in stupid places. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the easier games, but the checkpoints drove me crazy sometimes :P

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I have a question for all of you. Now you know that I''m not really an online sort of person, but lately I have gotten into it...but ignore that. I want to ask if the Anniversary Edition of Halo: CE is worth buying? Because I would really like to know if all the small editions...like the terminal videos and whatnot are enough to make this a buy.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Depends on how big a Halo fan you are, really. I pre-ordered and got it day 1, and I still love it to this day. When i do campaign marathons, CEA has replaced the original CE in my lineup (because it has the awesome feature that allows me to switch graphics at will). I thought that the terminals were great, and there's skulls in the campaign, too. The campaign remastering is beautiful, and the new Halo Reach maps that it comes with are some of the best in the Reach library. The original $40 price tag is a nice touch as well.

I'd recommend it, but going in, just know what you're getting. Most of the complaints seemed to come from people who expected more than what they were being offered.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Ah, well, maybe I'll get it once Halo 4 starts to come around.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

CoD 4 without a doubt. That hold out section of the last Ghillie suit level (and others that include waiting things out until your braindead allies soften the seeminly endless enemies down)? I've never been so... angry at a game. Though CoD 4 is mostly difficult by the game's faults, whereas the Halo games (minus some bullshit on Halo 3's "The Flood") always balance the difficulties out by design, so it doesn't randomly shift all over the place.

MW2 was less of a chore on Vet.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That section of the level you're describing took me, literally, 20 playthroughs to finish. I found the best option was hiding out behind the merry go-round and taking enemies out one by one once they really started to flood in. Once the chopper arrived and I picked up Capt. Mac, his AI invincibility transfers to the player so it's not a problem.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I think I hid behind the merry-go-round.

Christ, that was hard.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Halo CE can be a chore on some levels, but COD 4 is definitely the harder game.
Halo 2 on legendary makes COD 4 look like childs play though.
Finished it once by myself, through sheer luck.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Oh, yes. That last Ghillie suit missions was insane. Took me a while to get that shit right. Now it's easy as hell to pass it on Veteran once you learn the tricks on how to do it.

All in all, I will say that CoD 4 is so much fun on Veteran once you end up beating it once on that difficulty level.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed