Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,353 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm considered 'a little strange' for having The Cole Protocol be my favorite.  :laugh:

Also, the positive thing about The Flood is the Covenant side to the story, which had me really gripped... Zamamee and Yayap 'til I die. ;_;

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 17, 2012, 11:48:27 AM
I'm considered 'a little strange' for having The Cole Protocol be my favorite.  :laugh:

Also, the positive thing about The Flood is the Covenant side to the story, which had me really gripped... Zamamee and Yayap 'til I die. ;_;

Yeah, the Covenant side of The Flood made it worth reading.

As for Cole Protocol, I really don't remember a lot of it, to be honest :D Gray Team was awesome, and the Jackals on the Rubble were cool, but that's about it. Maybe I should check it out again.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I thought the entire Thel 'Vadam (The Arbiter) story converging with Keyes' was amazing... as I'm sure you can tell, a large part of my interest in the stories is from the Covenant side.  ;)

Really fed to the way I see Thel's character progression, and seeing him in his prime was awesome. Really enjoyed that bitchy Jackal rebel leader Reth was an oddly memorable character. Having Thel sent by the Prophets to kill him seemed to be quite an ominous piece of foreshadowing for what eventually happens in Halo 2. I need to give it another read, but there we some other very interesting Covenant characters in there as well (and dat ending).

The UNSC story also worked well for me (undercover Spartan operatives get in a bar brawl on a Rebel asteroid station, need I say more?), with some fantastic insight into what really drives Keyes, showing him on a much more relatable level than 'Captain Army Man Extrordinaire'. The ship to ship combat jargon was also kept to a minimum, and everything moved at a wonderful pace, with tense situations always ready to come and mess up the character's days, be they human or Covenant.

So that's why I loved The Cole Protocol.  :D

Razz

Razz

Halo 4 November 6th Date Rumoured.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/16/2953225/halo-4-conan-obrien-source-availability

Wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that month.

Nightmare Asylum

Master Chief

Master Chief

I'm already the first one in line at my local Gamestop. Someone bring me some food, please. 8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Master Chief on Apr 17, 2012, 03:55:02 PM
I'm already the first one in line at my local Gamestop. Someone bring me some food, please. 8)

You've been in cryosleep since 2007. You can last a bit longer :P So, when are you updating your set to the Chief's fancy new Halo 4 armor? ;)

I'm holing out until a preorder bonus is announced before I preorder myself, though :) To hold myself over, I've been replaying the trilogy. About two thirds done with Halo 2 as we speak.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Haha true. I've been thinking about upgrading since the new images have been released. I'll get on it.

I've done the trilogy and now I'm just tying up loose ends and getting achievements from ODST, CE, and Reach. 

Nightlord

Master Chief

Master Chief

:laugh: I have to remember not to forget that song!

SpaceMarines

Prime113

Prime113

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

No, the big news was the release date.

Part of me really hopes they put that dialogue in the game. :laugh:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Oh god, I really hope they did. And if not that dialogue in particular, at least had Andy and Conan voice a pair of in-game marines.

"I sure hate my life. I tried taking anti-depressants about six weeks ago."
"Oh, really?"
"Yeah. Psht. So I'm impotent now."

:laugh:

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

"Guess if we stand here long enough, someone'll kill us."

"Who'd be jerky enough to do that?"

Now I want nothing more than to kill their crate-loading sprites.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed