Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,135 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Anyone hear about this? Is it any good?
http://www.opencourtbooks.com/books_n/halo.htm

I know its not an official Micro$oft book, but it looks kind of cool. I saw it at the bookstore today.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Oh god... that cover art. I remember that from a while back in that thread. WHY WOULD THEY USE THAT!? D:

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Because it's fan art so it's basically free reign for them to use.
And if you focus on Chief's helmet the thunder thighs and atrocious arms go away!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jul 30, 2011, 12:23:30 AM
Because it's fan art so it's basically free reign for them to use.
And if you focus on Chief's helmet the thunder thighs and atrocious arms go away!
Oh, there is MUCH better fan art they could have used. It's like they've picked the worst example.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, the art is very ehhh, but I wonder how the content is? Can't find any reviews.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Huol on Jul 28, 2011, 03:13:43 PM
Psht like I'd buy anything new for my xbox.

Buy it used ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Beat Combat Evolved and the first playable level in Halo 2! Two more levels in Halo 2, then I'm moving on to ODST! The marathon has been great fun so far. Can't believe I'm halfway done with the series.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

That'll be the hub page during the event, hosted by IGN.

Nightlord

Nightlord

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/313963/halo-anniversarys-kinect-features-not-hyper-exciting/?site=cvg

Well this is good for me, I don't have kinect and have no plans to get it either and from the sounds of this all kinect will do is let you use the main menu without a controller.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 02, 2011, 08:15:23 PM

That'll be the hub page during the event, hosted by IGN.

Not sure I'd label Halo a legend considering it seems like there are quite a few folks who didn't enjoy 3, Reach, and Wars that much.

Aeus

Aeus

inb4 sweeper

inb4 asylum

yeah they're shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

cept for 3

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

3 seemed...short. I dunno, it just felt lacking in some way. I had fun with it all the same.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Halo has it's (extremely) vocal minority, but really Reach and ODST did fine and were in fact well received.
If it was general concensus that Reach wasn't fun at all, and not worth playing we'd find it like AvP3, with only a few players and even fewer searching on Matchmaking.
Halo in general is liked enough (screw that, liked implies one shared opinion) played enough, that it is a household name when speaking of gaming. And shows up everywhere as one of the most recognized shooter series of the modern day

Aeus

Aeus

Not really that simple.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

When we're talking about weather the Halo series is a "legend" then it sort of is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed