Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,031 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 19, 2011, 06:27:36 AM
I finish the campaign in Reach (I would finish it months ago if I was not so busy with work and school). I thought the whole story mode in Reach was great but the main thing that bug me was the ending.

Spoiler
The main character dies since I feel like it was a wasted since it feels like he did not had very much devoplment, and seeing him die feel like a waste. It seems like Bungie did left things opean up for another game.
[close]
Simply, he was a soldier who had done his duty; insured the survival of humanity. Seeing him die was so dramatic because you had been playing him from a first person perspective the whole game, in which countless others are dying around you on the planet.. you're just another one of them. But you sure as hell go out strong. The real dramatic weight came through the fact that everybody remembers, as soon as the scene starts, the vacant, destroyed helmet lying in the sand at the beginning of the game, yet there is that awkward drive to do everything you can to carry out the hopeless mission objective: "Survive".

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Beautifully put, Sweeps.

Only, Noble 6 was totally a she.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 19, 2011, 06:33:26 AM
I finish the campaign in Reach (I would finish it months ago if I was not so busy with work and school). I thought the whole story mode in Reach was great but the main thing that bug me was the ending.

Spoiler
The main character dies since I feel like it was a wasted since it feels like he did not had very much devoplment, and seeing him die feel like a waste. It seems like Bungie did left things opean up for another game.
[close]
Simply, he was a soldier who had done his duty; insured the survival of humanity. Seeing him die was so dramatic because you had been playing him from a first person perspective the whole game, in which countless others are dying around you on the planet.. you're just another one of them. But you sure as hell go out strong. The real dramatic weight came through the fact that everybody remembers, as soon as the scene starts, the vacant, destroyed helmet lying in the sand at the beginning of the game, yet there is that awkward drive to do everything you can to carry out the hopeless mission objective: "Survive".

Somebody get me an XBox, I want to play this game.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Jan 19, 2011, 06:37:42 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 19, 2011, 06:33:26 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Somebody get me an XBox, I want to play this game.
Good jobs Sweeps, you've converted someone.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Sweeps, beautifully stated. I absolutely loved that part. Very dramatic, saddening, but also very real in the fact that it can happen to anyone.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

The end of Halo Reach was probably the only time I've ever felt truly satisfied with the end of a franchise. When that screen faded to white, I just thought: 'it's done, it was perfect. Wow'. Everything came full circle - full halo.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 19, 2011, 06:49:20 PM
The end of Halo Reach was probably the only time I've ever felt truly satisfied with the end of a franchise. When that screen faded to white, I just thought: 'it's done, it was perfect. Wow'. Everything came full circle - full halo.
Yeah, I remember playing that with the sound all the way up, the darkened room surrounded by Marty O'Donnell, and then when the white and music cut away. I stood up and I applauded Halo. Nobody else was around, just me, and I applauded.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Now that you say that, I think I did the same thing. Kind of a blur. There were a lot of weird emotions.

Thing is, Reach was so good as an epilogue to the series that I'll never be able to give a shit about the new 343 stuff. It's over for me, the story is told. A Halo movie might be good (*kaff*butonlyifwewriteit*kaff*), and I'll always be replaying, but otherwise, fin.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 19, 2011, 07:36:33 PM
Now that you say that, I think I did the same thing. Kind of a blur. There were a lot of weird emotions.

Thing is, Reach was so good as an epilogue to the series that I'll never be able to give a shit about the new 343 stuff.
I agree.. that ending was too perfect to care about a "3rd party" property as much as the original trilogy. Ironically enough, I consider Halo Wars as being part of the Halo saga, simply for the reason that it was released in Bungie's Halo run. The story fit along with it almost perfectly (though the inclusion of the Flood was quite unnecessary), and it seemed like a fine addition to the universe. I'll continue to read the books and graphic novels, but really any additions to the franchise now will likely just feel tacked on to what will always be known as the Halo Saga.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 19, 2011, 07:36:33 PM
A Halo movie might be good (*kaff*butonlyifwewriteit*kaff*)
*Coffee*Starbuckscornerdouchebagswithlaptopstypingawayareinourfuture*Coffee*

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 19, 2011, 07:43:41 PM
I agree.. that ending was too perfect to care about a "3rd party" property as much as the original trilogy. Ironically enough, I consider Halo Wars as being part of the Halo saga, simply for the reason that it was released in Bungie's Halo run. The story fit along with it almost perfectly (though the inclusion of the Flood was quite unnecessary), and it seemed like a fine addition to the universe. I'll continue to read the books and graphic novels, but really any additions to the franchise now will likely just feel tacked on to what will always be known as the Halo Saga.

Clever marketing will be the end of me.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 19, 2011, 07:43:41 PM
*Coffee*Starbuckscornerdouchebagswithlaptopstypingawayareinourfuture*Coffee*

Aw man, but I hate those guys.

Guess I'll have to go finish up that Dr. Acula script now...sigh...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I hope that future Halo games don't feel tacked on. The six that we have now make up an amazing story, five within one of the greatest story arcs ever created, and the other (Wars) a great side story. I cant wait to see what 343 does, and I hope that they feel just as fresh and distinctly Halo while adding to the overall story without milking the franchise.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I wonder if Bungie will make another game that will take place after Reach? I doubt they can make a game that will take place after Halo 3.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

They aren't making any more Halo games. Period. And that's good.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

343 will continue Master Chiefs story or else they would be "The biggest assholes" ever.
I just hope it's well written.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm down for another game, any time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed