Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 752,296 times)

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 15, 2012, 01:29:00 PM
I wouldn't use it in MP usually. What's to stop a player from standing in front of you until the timer times out and you're vulnerable for those few seconds.

Well Armor Lock kinda pushes everyone back with an EMP burst so you can at least take a few of them down.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Mar 13, 2012, 09:45:50 PM
Ok I got a question. What do guys think of Armor Lock? I know many people don't like it, but I highly enjoy it.
I'm fine with it. People that don't know how to use it right get destroyed, people that do make worthy adversaries!

I'm a full-time Jetpack/Evade guy, myself. I work those two like nobody's business.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I liked Armour Lock, but my favourite would actually be Sprint.

In real life despite my heavy build I have pretty damn mean sprint. This big guy even got 1st place in a official 100M race one time, hard to believe. There were all these athletic lighter guys but I won, I guess I just have more raw power in my legs.

But anyway yea I like Sprint the most. It's been a life saver for me in Halo.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm a sprint/jetpack man, myself. Get in, get out. It's gonna be quick. It's gonna be clean. And best of all, it's gonna be quiet.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Jetpack is the best because you can zip between levels like nobody's business, get the drop on people like a ninja, or just get the hell out of a disaster quickly. It's the #1 leading advancement in agility (not to mention the massive ascension speed increase if you start it at the peak of a jump)!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Jetpack took me a while to handle properly. The first few times I used it, all I ever did was shoot straight up in the air with no regard for height or opponents swatting me out of the sky. I like dropping in on those that see me though because it's fun watching them swirl around in disorientation before realising I'm behind them.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Armor Lock never bother me until people spam the hell out of it. It's the X factor in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 11, 2012, 04:16:16 PM
Just curious; what would guys say has been more influential in the FPS genre: CoD or Halo?

Doom is the most influential FPS game since other FPS where pretty much right after Doom came out in 1993. While other FPS games came out before Doom, but Doom is the one that started it all. CoD seems like the biggest FPS series at the moment but I think it will die out one day.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 17, 2012, 03:10:35 AM
Armor Lock never bother me until people spam the hell out of it. It's the X factor in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Just curious; what would guys say has been more influential in the FPS genre: CoD or Halo?

Doom is the most influential FPS game since other FPS where pretty much right after Doom came out in 1993. While other FPS games came out before Doom, but Doom is the one that started it all. CoD seems like the biggest FPS series at the moment but I think it will die out one day.

I can't really talk seeing as I've never played a CoD game but at the rate Activision is milking and beating the dead cash cow it has to.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Whatever they do with Armor Abilities in Halo 4, they'd better not remove Jetpack.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

If they were going to do anything to change it, I would't mind a Jumppack.

Jumppacks are badass, and if they had an elevation adjustment for the thrusters (like holding down the activation button for a certain amount of time right before the lift-off), that'd be fantastic.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 17, 2012, 03:10:35 AM

Yes but...that's not what I asked :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 17, 2012, 04:04:15 AM

Jumppacks are badass, and if they had an elevation adjustment for the thrusters (like holding down the activation button for a certain amount of time right before the lift-off), that'd be fantastic.

Given the E3 trailer, I think we may be getting something similar to that :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 17, 2012, 04:04:15 AM

You mean giving the player the ability to hover?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

No, a massive thruster propelled jump.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed