Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 770,117 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Aeus on Jul 15, 2011, 06:44:47 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 15, 2011, 06:17:04 PM
I prefer the automatic rifle, pistol, shotgun, and especially my bare hands. I like to get in close. DMR is a weapon I use if there isn't much choice and if the is significant distance between me an my foe. Rockets and energy swords I only use if I happen to come across them.

Snipers I frown on but will use it if there is nothing else (last resort), yeah they can take a man's head off but it's a personal choice as I believe...

Spoiler
snipers wear diapers.
[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FDzqP9RRsI#ws

Sure they do.

Yep. I bet he made a mess right when that knife went into his back... or was it premature?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 15, 2011, 11:50:05 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 15, 2011, 10:15:08 PM
You're talking about the Needle Rifle.  Its needles detonate after three of them are in an un-shielded enemy.
Which makes killing Brutes laughably easy.
It does. I especially like how they dive in attempts to get out of the way and survive...so cute.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I love seeing them scatter like the scum they are!

So, I was thinking of how when I was Geronimo I was talking shit about Halo...

Well it reminded me of the time when I was paying Reach with a friend. Before with this friend I would always make some sort of remark about Halo.

Reach had brought me back into it and while playing with my friend he brought up the fact I always made fun of Halo and now I was playing Reach.

What did I have to say to that?
Me: "Well you know what?"
Friend: "What?"
Me: "Headshot."
Friend: "That's what she said."
Me: "YEAH BOY!"
*high five*

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Aeus on Jul 15, 2011, 05:03:21 PM
Oh god didn't you watch the video?

It takes 5 shots to kill an opponent with a DMR.

The guy wasn't moving for half the fight.

His first four shots take the opponent to no shield as they all hit, he then fires six more but because the weapon has random spread, none of them hit, meaning he loses the fight.

What this video shows about the DMR is that it's incredibly unreliable. It's a luck based weapon. Introducing luck diminishes skill. What's worse is they've proven it's more viable to spam the weapon than to wait for your bloom to reset, so really the fundamentals are all f**ked.

Bungie made no bones about the fact that the weapon's reticule would increase as the player took quicker and quicker shots. I'm still not quite seeing why this is such a shock because to me it sounds like that's the core problem.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 16, 2011, 01:56:57 AM
I love seeing them scatter like the scum they are!

So, I was thinking of how when I was Geronimo I was talking shit about Halo...
Wait--

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM7Jj3fNfxM#
I don't even....
What happened...

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 16, 2011, 02:17:38 AM
Quote from: Aeus on Jul 15, 2011, 05:03:21 PM
Oh god didn't you watch the video?

It takes 5 shots to kill an opponent with a DMR.

The guy wasn't moving for half the fight.

His first four shots take the opponent to no shield as they all hit, he then fires six more but because the weapon has random spread, none of them hit, meaning he loses the fight.

What this video shows about the DMR is that it's incredibly unreliable. It's a luck based weapon. Introducing luck diminishes skill. What's worse is they've proven it's more viable to spam the weapon than to wait for your bloom to reset, so really the fundamentals are all f**ked.

Bungie made no bones about the fact that the weapon's reticule would increase as the player took quicker and quicker shots. I'm still not quite seeing why this is such a shock because to me it sounds like that's the core problem.

The bullets spread as it blooms, randomly. So it's luck whether you hit them or not. That's the problem.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

@ Sweeper and Fitz

Awkward...

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I shall be joining the friendly butt f**king sessions in August.
Getting my elite groove on.
BTW, my cousins made a great new Halo slayer mode. It is pretty interesting. Frustrating and fun as I'll get out.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 17, 2011, 04:40:33 PM
I shall be joining the friendly butt f**king sessions in August.
Getting my elite groove on.
BTW, my cousins made a great new Halo slayer mode. It is pretty interesting. Frustrating and fun as I'll get out.

Nice! :D You play Reach, or 3? And you still need to play ODST's campaign :P

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Our movie took up a lot of time.
Plus there is yard work, pictures, movies, getting new lenses for my glasses.
I miss video games. But once I get Live I will be setting aside more time.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Anyone else been reading this?
It fleshes out Noble team much more than the game and the artwork is extreamly good.

Here's the full comic so far http://leviathan.bungie.org/front-cover

His older comic post Halo 3 about the Arbiter and Rtas fighting the brutes is also worth the read http://levihoff.deviantart.com/art/Halo-A-Sangheili-s-War-cover-161661718?q=gallery%3Alevihoff%2F3318412&qo=87

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Nice price on that thing.

$343.00 US - $2401.00 CAN

Hmmm...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I saw that on the Waypoint forums today. Should check it out, when its finished. Maybe I'll read the Halo 3 one tonight.

Nelizar The Hybrid

Nelizar The Hybrid

Quote from: Nightlord on Jul 17, 2011, 05:47:26 PM

Anyone else been reading this?
It fleshes out Noble team much more than the game and the artwork is extreamly good.

Here's the full comic so far http://leviathan.bungie.org/front-cover

His older comic post Halo 3 about the Arbiter and Rtas fighting the brutes is also worth the read http://levihoff.deviantart.com/art/Halo-A-Sangheili-s-War-cover-161661718?q=gallery%3Alevihoff%2F3318412&qo=87

My first name is on the bottom right side.
I feel special.
and yeah, sounds awesome :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed