Worldwide Confusion

Started by War Wager, Nov 26, 2007, 08:10:48 PM

Author
Worldwide Confusion (Read 2,321 times)

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

It's pretty simple... each country has it's own unique needs so the marketing is tuned for that.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteIt's pretty simple
It was from the beginning, but some people are bored to death obviously.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 26, 2007, 10:32:52 PM
It's pretty simple... each country has it's own unique needs so the marketing is tuned for that.

Told ya' guys!

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 26, 2007, 10:36:53 PM
It was from the beginning, but some people are bored to death obviously.

Yep, some people just want to FIND things...

War Wager

War Wager

What do you mean by "unique needs"?

Aeus

Aeus

Why not go for two R's?

Alien Versus Predator: Royal Rumble!

(Yes, the exclamation mark is part of the title)  :P

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 26, 2007, 10:47:11 PM

What do you mean by "unique needs"?

like, here in poland, people wouldn't understood game of words completely (avp-r - avp, which has r rating) and title should look more like alien vs predator 18 (and the number in the red circle) to make them catch it all. so it's easier and better to just put number 2 at the end of the title, because both plural and singular of alien, sounds and are written the same here.

And the tag line 'no peace on earth'... well, many citizens of pl are very religious, the christmas are very important thing to the major part of population in the religious meaning here and it would just not fit, belive me or not, but propably it would brought a lot of controversy...

War Wager

War Wager

Hmm I guess so.

But back on the posters, Japan seems to make really cool and stylish ones. The PredAlien poster is pure brilliance. It shows that theres a new creature, yet it hides it too.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 26, 2007, 11:16:15 PM
It shows that theres a new creature, yet it hides it too.

...thankfully.

;)

War Wager

War Wager

Like someone said earlier, putting the PredAlien on posters would draw people in, purley because theres a new creature.

Weasel

Weasel

I have to agree to that. Because casual users already recognize both the predator and alien. If theres something new looking it might catch their eye more. Say someone saw just Aliens and though it was okay. If they saw something like the Predalien on the front it might catch their interest.

ArielAleXCo

ArielAleXCo

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 26, 2007, 11:04:15 PM
Why not go for two R's?

Alien Versus Predator: Royal Rumble!

(Yes, the exclamation mark is part of the title)  :P

Aliens vs. Predator : Rumble Roses RRR

wolfboy

wolfboy

I remember watching a Japanese trailer for AvP and it made the movie look like pure unfiltered action (similar to the red band trailer). Downside is, those were all the "best" parts.

gases

gases

Robotpo u need happy pills.

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 26, 2007, 08:10:48 PM
Is anyone else pissed off at how Fox have completely changed the title, tagline etc for different countries? I mean for the US and UK it's called Aliens vs. Predator Requiem / AvPR with taglines In Space No-One Can Here You Scream... On Earth Everyone Will and No Peace On Earth. Elsewhere it's just called Aliens vs. Predator 2 or AvP2 with the tagline On Earth Everyone Can Here You Scream. Plus they're completely advertising the PredAlien on posters in Japan.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!  :P
nowhere near half as pissed at the different release dates!!
>:(

gases

gases

yes. It practically inspires piracy. For the people who are on this forum, and who will have to wait almost a month before they can come back on this site. If anyone knows, why can't they do a world wide release date, at least within a few days?

I'll be definately seeing the movie. And if you are forced to such means, make it up by buying dvd and merchandise and seeing the movie after

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed