Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 989,961 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

There's no market for it right now. DC 2 was the last good dinosaur game made (IMO) and since then, there's no interest in dinosaurs.

Keg

Keg

Theres no interest in dinosaurs because theres been nothing decent featuring dinosaurs for years like you said. If capcom released a Dino Crisis in the vein of RE5 and it got rave reviews it would sell.

And I agree there hasnt been a better dinosaur game since Dino Crisis 2 which is shameful considering its 11 years old.

For years ive tried to hunt down the Gun Survivor Dino Crisis (Dino Stalker here in the UK) which was somewhat of a sequel to DC2 as it featured Dillon and his daughter. It got pretty good reviews too.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Hopefully Primal Carnage makes Dino's popular again.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

I'm really looking forward to Primal Carnage.

Keg

Keg

Somehow I very much doubt it. Isnt that just a small (ush) independent game for the PC?

Theres been plenty of Dino games down the years but most of them have been average at best. Turok: Evolution and then the Turok reboot on current consoles were decent enough but neither were great games. I did enjoy Evolution a great deal and I still wish they made a sequel to that instead of rebooting it with the whole "space marines" thing.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You rang?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Keg on Oct 08, 2011, 06:58:29 PM
Somehow I very much doubt it. Isnt that just a small (ush) independent game for the PC?

Theres been plenty of Dino games down the years but most of them have been average at best. Turok: Evolution and then the Turok reboot on current consoles were decent enough but neither were great games. I did enjoy Evolution a great deal and I still wish they made a sequel to that instead of rebooting it with the whole "space marines" thing.

The reboot had a lot of potential but it was squandered by poor AI and linear gameplay. I rather enjoyed the setting and it was fun while it lasted.

Keg

Keg

I didnt think it was bad myself, I quite enjoyed it but it didnt leave a lasting impression and its not something im bothered about playing again. Dino Crisis and its sequel however are games ive played many times and will continue to do so to this day as theyre amongst the few PS1 games I did keep.

Quote from: Effectz on Oct 08, 2011, 07:05:21 AM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 07, 2011, 01:24:31 PM
Quote from: Effectz on Oct 07, 2011, 12:58:10 PM
Quote from: Stalker on Oct 07, 2011, 08:22:29 AM
I'm between Rage & Crysis right now. It's a pain in the ass trying to play 2 games at once.

Finish one then finish the other,thats what i do.

i generally play one until i get stuck or frustrated, then swap, then swap back when i'm stuck in the other game.

If im stuck,im stuck.I solve it and finish the game before i play the other.Normally when i play games i do all the secondary objectives(FPS buff).when i do that then i concentrate on the next game.To me,playing two games at once is like watching two films,pausing to watch the next,which is totally retarded.I treat games like films,immersive story.
each to their own, but if I'm stuck on something I will generally sleep on it, switching to the other game is essentially the same for me, it's no different from watching senegal Tv shows at once, if you watch a new episode of something once a week it's not like you abstain from visual entertainment until the same bat time same bat place next week.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: King Rathalos on Oct 08, 2011, 05:38:01 PM
Hopefully Primal Carnage makes Dino's popular again.

So do I but I doubt it. People thought movies like Land of the Lost and games like Turok (2008) will make Dino's popular again but it didn't. I still like to see the Carnivores series be brought back though.

Keg

Keg

Exactly and the reason they didnt was because they werent very good. While I personally enjoyed Land of The Lost and Turok they were average at best. I can only think of one successful and very well recieved film or game featuring Dino's in the last 10 years and that was Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Vulhala

Vulhala

I'm stuck into Deus Ex right now. I'm really, really enjoying this game.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Super Mario Brothers 3

This game is so f**king hellishly hard sometimes, hate that last world so much. :'(

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Just got to the city in the sky, Skyward Sword better have references to this...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Finished Black Ops. I saw every one of those twists coming. Every. Single. One. But, still, it was a decent ending, until they had the AMERICA, f**k YEAH! shot. That was just f**king painful to watch.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 09, 2011, 04:18:08 PM
Finished Black Ops. I saw every one of those twists coming. Every. Single. One. But, still, it was a decent ending, until they had the AMERICA, f**k YEAH! shot. That was just f**king painful to watch.

Yeah its pretty predictable,and the stupid walking around in the CIA building really slow scene was pointless.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed