What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 159,697 times)

teacakescone

teacakescone

hey everyone just started here so hi ^^

what made me a fan? well...i guess it was the old alien movies which were the first ones that i ever watched and then the predator movies with Arnie. I was always more interested in the scenes with the predator than the ones with the humans lawl.

Iv always been interested in life outside this world so i guess that was what drew me into the whole predator (yautja), alien scene in the first place.

So yeah it was the movies. i havent actually read ANY of the comics, they dont get sold anywhere near me im afraid =[[

so im a comic book virgin
but yeah the movies is what set me off so rawwwr! =]]

Angel_Seb

Angel_Seb

Hehe. Everyone just seems to L.O.V.E the Alien movies, but I must say their a bit of a downer for me. I hate scary things and am very easily scared, so when I saw the first Alien film and the end of the second for a school activity when I was about 14/15, I was scared sh*tless. Didn't tell anyone back then of course  ;)
Now, how did I become an obsessor? I saw the AVP movie early 2006, for no real reason. I liked it, but I didn't love it. It wasn't until Requim came out that I reaslied how awsomly cool the AVP franchise was. So, I went and bought the first AVP and the rest, as they say, is history  :D

I will say this though, AVP is complete canon, which may be why I love it so. Of couse, idiotic action and moron-gore is a vice for me (being an 18 year old female  ;D ) but OTP's always get me. Probably for the same reason  ;)

Anyway. I just love AVP. AVPR would have been sooooo much better (It was kick ass anyway, but...) if they put Lex in there. Damn, she was so cool  8)
Also, Scar is the bomb. Can't wait to see the original Pred movies, but glad dad has helpfully decided to fund my obsession!!!  :o    ;D

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

suprisingly as hell I saw Predator and Alien and aliens on TV when I was a kid and didn't think anything of them..then for some strange ass reason when I bought that (now s***ty) AVP Extinction game for PS2 I got all into it.. then my cousin handed me down AVP2 for computer when it first came out and I was hooked and started getting all into the films and books

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Angel_Seb on Jan 16, 2008, 07:34:01 AM
..Also, Scar is the bomb. Can't wait to see the original Pred movies...

If you think Scar is the bomb, I wonder what you'll make of the original Predator when you see it...Nuclear bomb  ???

n3m0

n3m0

just a c/p from my misplaced thread:

probably this topic was already discussed sooooo many times but i just want to know to who am i talking to....

which movie u saw first... w0t movie made u fan to the whole/separate sreies

and how old where u when u saw ur first a/p/avp movie

my first movie was aliens when i was 7 yrs old, sec half, got horrrible nightmares from that on...
next time dare to watched it i was  14 and i got even more scared... from 16 i get addicted to alien series.... interesting i was fan of pred films all along but it never had any impact on me as alien movies did
i also like H.R.Gigers works but that bring me more in past  when his poster used to hang above my  wc toilet... imagine when i get used to toilet....

marky

marky

First I saw AVP. Then I thought the creature design was cool. So I watched Aliens, and thought: THIS IS MUCH BETTER THAN AVP.

After AVP I began collecting too. It's like being dependent in collecting. I can't stop (but it's the best hobby I could have)  :P

MST3Kfan

MST3Kfan

The AVP PC game Predator demo. Never finished it to this day, either.

chubbs3

chubbs3

when i was littlet hese movies used to be on tv all the time. Especially Alien and Predator 2. But i was too scared to watch them and they gave me nightmares. Then sometime when i was like 9 or 10 years old i saw some of the aliens/predator comic books at a book store and i became very interested in them and decided i wanted to watch the movies. First i saw Alien and liked it so then i decided to rent Aliens which i liked even more and watched over and over again. Then i caught Alien 3 qnd Alien Ressurection on tv and i thought they were ok but i liked the first two more. Then i saw Predator and Predator 2 on tv and eventually bought them all on dvd. Then AvP ama out and i saw it with my friend and then bought it on dvd. Then just recently is saw AVPR with another friend. So thats my story. ;)

assassinator24

assassinator24

I can remember being a fan of Science Fiction Movies for a while, but Predator and Alien took the cake with me.

What turned me on to Aliens was the dark, horror filled future. The atmosphere was just perfect. The aliens were new and impressive killers i think. They seemed both a bit human and animal. they were presented from a feasable scientific stand point of the possiblity of humankind coming a across a race of ETs that are not in least humanlike. These things are the dread of the universe! Aliens however was the bust out flick for me. The colonial marines fighting off the aliens and the rich extended universe that it has behind it. The technology and weapons were also super cool.

Predator, everyones favorite Hunter badass, struck a cord with me as well. He was tall, dangerous, yet a bright individual. What makes him so cool other than the stuff he uses in battle? His honor code. Dont let the stupendous strength and power fool you, this alien is a genius.  He is one of the first ET's i saw actually have some cool ass gear.

Now what's making me write fan fics? Well i figured since i wanted to put a spin on the Alien/Predator universe, i thought about writing a fan fic. i just started and am having a blast with it. I just hope that i can make it have some validity in the extended universe. one thing i can say about both characters, they are know for their ruthlessness!

chubbs3

chubbs3

these movies scared me when i was little.

tompreston66

tompreston66

For me, it was when I saw the first Alien movie when i was 5, first ever film i saw.........EVER

XanltheCSG

XanltheCSG

i saw a DVD case for the alien quadrilogy, and i thought it was a new horror film. I watched it, liked it, loved it and was a little dissapointed with number 3 and ressurection. but then I watched avp and started to get the picture. been a fan ever since  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Back in summer of '04 I was on GameSpy and I saw a banner for the AvP movie and I thought, well this looks pretty cool, think I'll check it out.

Sure enough I clicked on it, liked what I saw, and went out and rented Predator. That was soon followed by seeing Aliens on TV. I should mention that the first Alien movie I saw was A:R. Back then though, I had no clue what it all meant: all I saw was people in space running away from a monster.

Anyway, I saw Predator and Aliens and loved them both. Then I saw AvP and I (am now sickened to admit) thought it was terrific and saw it 3 times ( :(). But after getting more exposure, I realized how much it sucked. Anyway, here I am today and still a loyal fan (PREDATOR FTW  ;D).

Dachande519

Dachande519

I became a fan when I bought the Mcfarlane predator 1 figure from the local Suncoast after my dad told me about the movies. However, the thing that really cemented the deal was AVP. I was too young to see it in theatres, but I saw it when it came out on dvd. I still like that movie, even though everyone said it sucked.

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

I became a fan when my dad bought me a videogame called Aliens vs. Predator and said i would like it. He was right. I then watched aliens which he taped i enjoyed a lot.
Which i did, soon later i see Predator on TV as well and loved it. I then recommend my friend to watch Alien, we all liked it, and about a month later i watched Alien3 and alien 4 on the same night from dvd rentals ;) 2 years later after searching for predator 2 it finally came on TV and i was happy with it.. then i watched the AVP in 2004 and AVP-R on the first day it came out,
thats my life story  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed