What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 159,006 times)

Interfa

Interfa

What made me a fan? :) i think- unusual characters and interesting story.

lambertjr

lambertjr

Quote from: Interfa on Dec 15, 2007, 03:43:03 PM
I'll second that.
It's also a story that can grow much more.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: lambertjr on Dec 16, 2007, 03:57:46 AM
Quote from: Interfa on Dec 15, 2007, 03:43:03 PM
I'll second that.
It's also a story that can grow much more.

So true.  Every Alien movie could honestly have a continuation the way they leave it.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Well I saw AVP, but didn't get WTF was going on half the time.  Then I watched Alien, and allthough I liked it, it definatly didn't strike me as the best movie ever made.  I then watched Aliens and ALien 3 that same day (I rented the 3 of them and Predator 1) and I think it was a combination of them both that really made me a fan.  Pred 1 made me a bigger fan, and after watching AVP again, the alien/Predator series became my favourate series ever!  I still haven't ogtten around to seeing Alien r or Pred 2 yet, but I know what happens in them.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

"AVP" it got me back into the franchise's and helped me remember the creature that were in my memories but couldnt remember them.....

carlp06

carlp06

I became a fan ever since I saw Predator at the age of six.Was terrified of it at the time but I was just drawn into the Predators culture.

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Quote from: carlp06 on Dec 18, 2007, 09:38:25 AM
I became a fan ever since I saw Predator at the age of six.Was terrified of it at the time but I was just drawn into the Predators culture.

same here but i loved it and liked the action

Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

I saw Predator (1) and continued to see the rest of them (2 & AVP). Both of them were really avrage, but then i began reading the comics, great stuff.

chopperbuilder

chopperbuilder

I think that the predator/alien are far the best monsters ever made with a storyline that wasent awfull, and the characters they had, that you could relate too for the culture.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: chopperbuilder on Dec 21, 2007, 09:32:55 PM
I think that the predator/alien are far the best monsters ever made with a storyline that wasent awfull, and the characters they had, that you could relate too for the culture.

Yeah, agree with you totally there.  I love the Godzilla series of movies but the stories in those are just absolutely awful. :P

NikTh

NikTh

My dad had a copy of H.R.Giger's Necronomicon... I used to flip the pages and just look at the pictures. I was blown away by "ThePilot"/SpaceJockey. What it could be, how it got in that chair and stuff. I didn't read or understand English at that time and when it said "blablabla ALIEN blablabla" I just thought they meant the word alien and not the movie.
When I was some years older I saw Predator and went totally. Predator was the coolest thing I had ever seen! Later I found out that Giger indeed had designed another iconic movie monster...
I watched Alien 1 and 2 in a row with my dad and thought it was amazing.
After seeing the trophy room in P2 I went and found the darkhorse comics.
Never got my hands on the novels tho...

Neukku

Neukku

My cousin told me about Aliens and showed me some comics when is was...ummm...4-6 yers old.
Then one day i    watched Predator 2 on my friends house. Damn that was cool back then! Cool monster killing people with all kinds of ùber weapons! Pure AWESOMES back then.

Jango_Zilla

Jango_Zilla

What made me into a fan was that I'am a fan of Godzilla movies and what not. One day my father showed me my first Predator movie. I liked how the creature looked and hunted.

Alien³

Alien³

My mum had taped Alien 3 for me when I was 4. Then I saw predator 2 when I was approx 5. After that when i as around 7/8 I rented out the first three alien films fom my local video store and watched them all.
I saw predator 1 on t.v a few years later. During all this buying the figures etc.
I'm a mazzive finatic of both fanchises cant live without them.
(well I can live without Alien 4)

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Your mum let you watch Alien 3 when you were 4!?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed