Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 368,622 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 24, 2015, 12:59:48 PM
So a scrawny scientist is superhuman and can sustain a massive cranial ear removing blow to the head without any mental/cognitive/psychological or deliberating side effects?

Is that what you are implying?
Ear's not held on by anything more than skin and vestigial muscles, the blow glances, and people have suffered through worse and kept right on going. People have been stabbed in the head without realising it.

"The blow looks like it should hurt him more" is the limpest argument around.

Alien³

Not to mention he does touch his ear in pain and look at the blood before screaming "I'm not a droid!"

Kel G 426

Vermillion, why do you guys think androids are invulnerable supermen when the films have shown us they are anything but?  The fact that Bishop II didn't lose control of his bodily movements and regurgitate a fountain of blood only proves he's human.  That scene with the wrench is evidence against your position.

polaris1924

polaris1924

he's an android because he dies in avp

he actually is an android that pretends to be a direct descendent to Charles bishop. the real Charles bishop died in 2004.

Kel G 426

AVP is not part of Alien 3 continuity.

FiorinaFury161

Dedication to the next person who says Bishop II is a droid...

Spoiler
[close]

Vrastal

Quote from: SiL on Jan 24, 2015, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 24, 2015, 12:59:48 PM
So a scrawny scientist is superhuman and can sustain a massive cranial ear removing blow to the head without any mental/cognitive/psychological or deliberating side effects?

Is that what you are implying?
Ear's not held on by anything more than skin and vestigial muscles, the blow glances, and people have suffered through worse and kept right on going. People have been stabbed in the head without realising it.

"The blow looks like it should hurt him more" is the limpest argument around.

Vermillion

Limpest

Stick to the head of a Professional NHL player wearing a Helmet = knocked out and concussion.

Limpest.  It's the strongest. 
Dweeb.

Kel G 426

I see you declined to answer my question.

Troll.

Vrastal

His ear was torn and there was blood human blood

Vermillion

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jan 25, 2015, 02:01:25 AM
I see you declined to answer my question.

Troll.

I stated Bishop II, as in the human, must be superhuman to sustain that injury and function quite normally.

Troll.  Hardly.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 25, 2015, 01:54:33 AM
Stick to the head of a Professional NHL player wearing a Helmet = knocked out and concussion.
Knife in the brain = don't even notice until you go to the hospital and a doctor x-rays your skull to see the blade still stuck in there.

Or a nail, that you didn't realise you'd shot in there with a nail gun.

It always depends on the type of blow, how it's delivered, and the individual. Bishop II wasn't struck fully on the head. The blow glances down the side and mostly hits his shoulder. It takes his ear off on the way.

There's nothing odd about it.

QuoteDweeb.
What are you, six?

Vrastal

People have suffered worse injures to the head and continued to function. he probably had a hell of a migraine after that. but it glanced off the side of the head taking part of the ear and flesh with it and bled, not white frothy android fluid

HuDaFuK

As others have said, people have suffered really awful head injuries and gone on about their business.

What we see in the film can just be put down to over-the-top gore. No one's arguing Jude was really a bag of gore disguising itself as a human, even though he literally explodes for no reason when the Alien grabs him.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Now that guy is most definitely a droid. Shows absolutely no emotion, gets shot with an armor piercing round and a few minutes later runs around as if nothing happened.

Case closed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed