Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 368,681 times)

Crazy Rich

Hairy?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I knew his extensive filmography wouldn't let us down...

Spoiler

'Gary Stretch'?
[close]

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Handy? Harsh?

Hippo?

Hydra?

Spoiler
[close]

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 29, 2013, 06:36:55 AM
Handy? Harsh?

Hippo?

Hydra?

Spoiler
[close]

Hail Hydra! But no that answer was H u m a n. Human! His human! His not a droid.

Crazy Rich

Hippy?

Spoiler
Okay Human.
[close]

Gilfryd

I'll watch anything with Henriksen in it.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 28, 2013, 01:17:47 AM

He didn't get half of his face knocked off. 

I never said it did. I said "person hit with a metal pipe in the head so hard that side of his face looks like terminator's". And its not just the ear. The ear hangs off but its also a piece of his face hanging off as well.

QuoteHis ear was torn loose by the swing. It's a common injury, it hurts like a bitch, but it will NOT knock you out.

With the exception that he gets hit in the side of his head

And again, its amazing nobody gave a shit about him being hurt

QuoteBishop at the end of Alien 3 was not intended to be a droid. Ever. He's a human being.

As I said, "the movie did a very poor job inclining that hes human, I needed the filmmaker and the noveization to tell me he was". Im not saying he isnt

QuoteNot even the "more human" model had red blood. No android has ever been given red blood in the movies. Ever.

Because no other android had a task of convincing someone that hes not one. And again, as I said, "It was obvious that Ripley wuld first think hes another android since he looks like Bishop, they would then surely anticipate Ripley asking for some proof and the easiest way to recognize a synthetic is by white blood."

QuoteNot to mention his agonized plea in the assembly cut "I'M NOT A DROID!"

Just because he says so it proves anything? Lol

QuoteI always took his reaction to having an alien tearing him in half to be more about surprise/shock than pain.

Definitely not. THIS is shock

THIS is pain and agony

SM

SM

QuoteWith the exception that he gets hit in the side of his head

This is churching it up a bit.

As shown in the attack and injury, his shoulder takes most of the force of the blow, and the head injury is a glancing blow (for lack of a better word).

If he's a robot where the robot strength and reflexes to stop Ripley closing the gate in his face or dodge the guy with the wrench telegraphing his attack?

Crazy Rich

I've had my head cracked open when I was about 12 by a rock and got needles and stiches in my head, blood all over my face. I reacted more similarly to Alien 3 Bishop than to Aliens Bishop.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Jan 30, 2013, 10:34:14 PM
QuoteWith the exception that he gets hit in the side of his head

This is churching it up a bit.

As shown in the attack and injury, his shoulder takes most of the force of the blow, and the head injury is a glancing blow (for lack of a better word).

We dont see it well, but the tool stops on his head from what I see, plus as the injury shows, the pipe mustve hit him in the back of his head to tear out a considerable amount of skin

QuoteIf he's a robot where the robot strength and reflexes to stop Ripley closing the gate in his face or dodge the guy with the wrench telegraphing his attack?

Ash havent dodged Parker's hits either

SiL

SiL

Ash was actively malfunctioning at the time. Not the best example.

SM

SM

Plus Parker wasn't shouting "f**kING ANDROID!!" while Ash was just standing there doing not very much.

Quotethe pipe mustve hit him in the back of his head to tear out a considerable amount of skin

If it hit the back of his head, the wound would be on the back of his head.  It obviously isn't.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2013, 12:56:14 AM
Plus Parker wasn't shouting "f**kING ANDROID!!" while Ash was just standing there doing not very much.

Quotethe pipe mustve hit him in the back of his head to tear out a considerable amount of skin

If it hit the back of his head, the wound would be on the back of his head.  It obviously isn't.

Not the center back, but left back side. If he was hit in the ear or only brushed on the side, ear would be torn off and bleeding or the side of his face, skin wouldnt be hanging off from so far back

SM

SM

The wound is consistent with the attack.  Don't see an issue.

StrangeShape

Point is, he got his in the head and it barely affected him and it ripped part of his flesh off

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed