AvPR Movie Mistakes

Started by dDave, Nov 04, 2007, 02:10:49 PM

Author
AvPR Movie Mistakes (Read 47,270 times)

Porkus Maximus

I'd have loved to see him try to defend against the 5 or 6 aliens in the store if they made a co-ordinated, simultaneous attack...  I'd LOVE for the directors to do a scene like that and actually convince me that it was possible.  There's nothing more interesting in a film like this than have it challenge your preconceptions.  However instead we just get retard aliens that fight Wolf one at a time or just totally ignore him until there are maybe only 2 left. When you have a predator who's supposedly that badass and decked out with enough weapons to arm a small army throwing 1 or 2 aliens at him is just going to get old really fast.  Having Wolf kill single aliens with his shoulder cannons over and over again doesn't prove how badass Wolf is.

I'd also LOVE for someone on this forum to convince me that Predators are really as badass as they say they are however almost every single argument comes down to "Well predatorz are liek so badass because they are awesum and they shoot laz0rz pew pew pew pew!"

TheAncientEnemy

Also keep in mind that we have viewed only one minute of one edited and truncated scene. To judge the aliens' capacity for violence on this is like judging Led Zeppelin's talent after watching a Cadillac commercial.

nukem11

nukem11

The aliens are the same as the ones in aliens just countless ones of them that need blowing up.

Axlotl

Axlotl

see, the issue isnt the predator killing aliens, the issue is the aliens attacking him head on, one at a time.

Xenomorphine, that game was awesome.

Heres my solution for the fix to canon: The aliens that the predators have are a more deadly, newer strain compared to the Aliens quadrilogy ones, which are much older, since they all result from the Derelict, either directly, or through their ancestors.

We don't know how old the derelict is, we don't know how long the aliens have been used by the predators, we don't know how long the aliens have been out in the universe spreading, we don't know if there are sub-species of alien.

There are enough unknowns in the franchise to incorporate tons of random crap that we don't need without killing the canon. Its really as bad as people assuming predators live 300 years since one had a gun from 1700. anyone hear of time dilation?

All and all, I still would have preferred for the new reproduction method to not be in this movie.

TheAncientEnemy

No matter what someone will justify it by saying that "the aliens were sluggish from being in the Earth's atmosphere" or something equally as dumb. If you really want it bad enough there will always be a fanboy somewhere who will try to justify bad decisions by implying there are scientific reasons behind them that the film makers totally discussed and had all worked out beforehand. ::)

Axlotl

Axlotl

Oh, i'm not saying the directors planned any of my explanations, im just saying a reasonable way to incorporate the new data, without retconning the alien movies. I know they have no valid explanation for her new reproduction, and i know the ONLY reason we got a pred-queen, instead of a straight hybrid and a queen was to save money.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Nov 04, 2007, 06:19:41 PM
Aliens are gonna get wasted like they have in every film since the original.

Like Predators have, you mean? :)

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 04, 2007, 06:13:40 PM
Aliens wimpy there just out matched.

No, they're wimpy. Three of them (and counting) are literally paralysed below the neck, as soon as the Predator grabs them.

The directors have said they're fully aware of it, but that it's done purely to build up the Predator's character, without consideration for practical reality.

Quote from: Axlotl on Nov 04, 2007, 06:43:28 PM
Xenomorphine, that game was awesome.

Awesomeness is what this film is all about! :D

Aeus

Aeus

QuoteNo, they're wimpy. Three of them (and counting) are literally paralysed below the neck, as soon as the Predator grabs them.

The directors have said they're fully aware of it, but that it's done purely to build up the Predator's character, without consideration for practical reality.

The one who gets thrown through the glass isn't. It savages him, breaking his Shoulder Cannon before to gets out skilled and killed (Rhymmmmeeee).

The one who gets taken from behind tries to shake the chainsaw whip off. Try grabbing your Cat or Dog or whatever by the head. They will shake their head to get you off, as any animal would.

Porkus Maximus

True although if my dog had the hand structure of an alien I'd expect my dog to use those hands. ;)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 04, 2007, 07:10:33 PM
True although if my dog had the hand structure of an alien I'd expect my dog to use those hands. ;)

To be fair, the Alien was on it's hands and feet. Ready to pounce or whatever. It's the exact same thing that happened to Chopper in AVP. The creature was taken by surprise, and it's fate sealed. If anything the directors just swapped the Alien and the Predator round, and changed the medium of death.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteLike Predators have, you mean?
The difference is in their numbers though.
5 predators compared to 200 aliens is a little different.
Or should i count the 15.000 aliens also who get nuked by just one predbomb. :)

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 04, 2007, 07:02:03 PM

No, they're wimpy. Three of them (and counting) are literally paralysed below the neck, as soon as the Predator grabs them.

Did they say that on here?

The thing is the predator doesnt beat them with ease but with strengh most of time and his awesome weopons. Think if the predator was in the first alien film on board the spaceship your telling me he'd have trouble killing that alien.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 04, 2007, 07:13:04 PM
To be fair, the Alien was on it's hands and feet. Ready to pounce or whatever. It's the exact same thing that happened to Chopper in AVP. The creature was taken by surprise, and it's fate sealed. If anything the directors just swapped the Alien and the Predator round, and changed the medium of death.

It is a similar situation in the sense that both were taken by suprise.  Imagine if the alien tail had simply wrapped around chopper instead of impaling him and he did nothing, that would make the situation almost indentical.  I personally find it difficult to accept that it would be possible to sneak up on an alien at all (they always seem to know where you are...) but I can live with it in the context of the movie but the lack of struggling or resistence is just.. bleh.

QuoteThink if the predator was in the first alien film on board the spaceship your telling me he'd have trouble killing that alien

The Nostromo was full of enclosed spaces and ambush points.  Unless the alien was a moron and charged Wolf down a long corridor, the predator wouldn't likely be able to take advantage of his ranged weapons.  The Nostromo is the perfect environment for an alien, chances are a predator wouldn't even see it coming before it's too late (unless it was Scar with his super spider senses).

KillingJoke

KillingJoke

QuoteAliens are gonna get wasted like they have in every film since the original.

Okay apparently you haven't seen Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection.

I am so f-cking sick of people ONLY acknowledging Aliens when it comes to the original series.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 04, 2007, 07:08:37 PM
The one who gets thrown through the glass isn't. It savages him, breaking his Shoulder Cannon before to gets out skilled and killed (Rhymmmmeeee).

Correct. Two of the three are in the sewers and one is whipped at close quarters.

Those who aren't grabbed up close aren't paralysed. Wolf has a toxic aura. :)

QuoteThe one who gets taken from behind tries to shake the chainsaw whip off. Try grabbing your Cat or Dog or whatever by the head. They will shake their head to get you off, as any animal would.

As Porkus says, they'd also use more than just their head. In fact, a dog or - especially - cat would try using its claws, too.

The one getting whipped clearly has its arms primed in striking position, for the human, but has them rigidly locked in place. It doesn't even try.

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 04, 2007, 07:13:04 PM

The Alien isn't impaled and having its spinal cord severed. It's just got something wrapped around its head and for a full three to four seconds. It just isn't bothering to do anything about it, aside from make a lot of noise.

The hands are raised, preparing to strike. It would be easy for it to bring them up.

If it was a true reversal, the Predator would have speared it from behind. It doesn't. It's just to make the Alien jerk like a puppet.

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 04, 2007, 07:16:01 PM
Did they say that on here?

In regards to justifying what happens with the two in the sewers, yeah. This one is no different. I would presume that if they were aware of the controversy of the other two, they certainly would be for this.

QuoteThe thing is the predator doesnt beat them with ease but with strengh most of time and his awesome weopons. Think if the predator was in the first alien film on board the spaceship your telling me he'd have trouble killing that alien.

Which is fine, but Aliens should still be able to resist, if not viciously fight back. I maintain that people would expect to see the Predator use its hands if a human suddenly came from behind and strangled it with wire. I most definitely would. Why a double-standard when it comes to the Alien?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed