AvPR Movie Mistakes

Started by dDave, Nov 04, 2007, 02:10:49 PM

Author
AvPR Movie Mistakes (Read 46,440 times)

Huol

Huol

The whip is made out of pieces of an alien tail.

dDave

dDave

Quote from: Huol on Nov 04, 2007, 05:33:30 PM

I heared of that too, but who said that?

fluxcap

fluxcap

Quote from: Huol on Nov 04, 2007, 03:45:12 PM
Alien mouths. I cant really stand them
I can temporarily stomache the useless stumps they have for hands, their (so far) poor movements on screen, but I can not take their WEAK mouths. I would very much like to drop kick the person who sketched out that monstrosity.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: dDave on Nov 04, 2007, 05:37:40 PM
Quote from: Huol on Nov 04, 2007, 05:33:30 PM

I heared of that too, but who said that?

The directors in the MTV interview.

TheAncientEnemy

I think it's funny that someone mentioned that acid can burn through concrete because we saw it in AVP. We also saw spider webs in Antarctica. Don't let Anderson's 12-year-old imaginaton dictate how you view the world.

At any rate, acid can burn concrete but not quickly. People use undiluted hydrochloric acid (strong stuff, mind you!) to etch concrete but it has to be left on for a half hour or so to get the job done. It certainly wouldn't tear holes through it but if left long enough it will damage and stain the surface.

That Yellow Alien

So maybe the directors know more than we thought? Or they simply forgot?

TheAncientEnemy

I'm not sure. I suppose we'll see when the acid comes into contact with other surfaces.

KillingJoke

KillingJoke

- The setting is completely wrong, this needs to be in space in the future

- Characters need to be scientists, soldiers, mercs, or something interesting, not waitresses or pizza kids

- Aliens need to be dangerous like they were in the originals, not cannon fodder

-There needs to be multiple Predators to keep it realistic; what exactly stops Aliens from just surrounding him at once and taking him down like in Aliens?  (oh yeah that's right, the directors are Predator-biased and have the wimpy retarded Aliens attacking him individually)

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: KillingJoke on Nov 04, 2007, 06:06:02 PM

- Characters need to be scientists, soldiers, mercs, or something interesting, not waitresses or pizza kids

- Aliens need to be dangerous like they were in the originals, not cannon fodder

-There needs to be multiple Predators to keep it realistic; what exactly stops Aliens from just surrounding him at once and taking him down like in Aliens?  (oh yeah that's right, the directors are Predator-biased and have the wimpy retarded Aliens attacking him individually)

I agrree with you on the first two parts. Aliens wimpy there just out matched.

That Yellow Alien

Those aren't exactly mistakes; those are your preferences for a better film.

KillingJoke

KillingJoke

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 04, 2007, 06:13:40 PM
Quote from: KillingJoke on Nov 04, 2007, 06:06:02 PM

I agrree with you on the first two parts. Aliens wimpy there just out matched.

uh no, they're wimpy.  If the Strauses had real Aliens in this film, they would have taken down Wolf in the first few seconds, the way they took out all those Marines in the first battle.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 04, 2007, 03:50:16 PM
Quote from: Huol on Nov 04, 2007, 03:45:12 PM

Yeah but what about the whip his spear and his wrist-blade and there supposed to be un-meltable in this. So people saying aliens getting owned easily is silly the predator has weopons unlike humans which he can deal with the aliens better.

exactly what I was thinking but I think he is just a wee bit over powered and my only 2 problems besides that are acid blood is not burning everything like it should, and I am afraid it my be some lame as love story in between (jesse and ricky)

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: KillingJoke on Nov 04, 2007, 06:15:40 PM
uh no, they're wimpy.  If the Strauses had real Aliens in this film, they would have taken down Wolf in the first few seconds, the way they took out all those Marines in the first battle.

Yeah but the predator isnt a marine hes a bad ass hunter equiped to deal with aliens.

TheAncientEnemy

The whole "predator-biased" argument seems needlessly defensive to me. This is Aliens VS Predator not Aliens And Predator Call A Truce. Aliens are gonna get wasted like they have in every film since the original. Hell, Vasquez takes one out with a kick and a few shots from a handgun and you think that a predator isn't going to be able to hold his own?

Anyway, as already stated, those aren't so much mistakes as things you don't care for. I'm actually glad that the characters aren't scientists and doctors and all that jazz. It'd be pretty amazing if the predator ship crash-landed near a small town full of rocket scientists and biologists all ready to spew out movie-science technobabble while winking at the camera.

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Nov 04, 2007, 06:19:41 PM
The whole "predator-biased" argument seems needlessly defensive to me. This is Aliens VS Predator not Aliens And Predator Call A Truce. Aliens are gonna get wasted like they have in every film since the original. Hell, Vasquez takes one out with a kick and a few shots from a handgun and you think that a predator isn't going to be able to hold his own?

Exactly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed