Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 203,423 times)

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

*Tosses embryos at everyone*  Swallow them, swallow them!  ::)

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 27, 2007, 03:51:39 PM

This is far worse than the Newborn or even the Queen with dual reproductory cycles, because they had credibility in AR... This is just pure brain-farting and the whole movie won't be able to disguise the awful smell of it... ::) :o

It starts somewhere. Its never a fast thing, its always a gradual "why not?" type of thing with lack of instinct. Id say that hybrid from alien 3 was genius compared to the horrendously open minded ideas that came after.

Its like EROSION. Next thing you know youre saga has ridiculous ideas in them and you dont know how they got there.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Predator-S on Oct 27, 2007, 03:54:34 PM
[...] But on the other hand I'm still not quite sure if the Predalien was born a Queen.

And that's another problem altogether...

Jenga

Jenga

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 26, 2007, 08:52:52 PM

Some weather we're having in the mountains.

My favorite quote of the whole thread!!!! ROFL

covcraig

covcraig

First off i highlight a simple point and now its cause Anderson f**ked the film up, just like the french fag ruined alien resurrection?

The details we have lie in the story...and when does an alien become a queen? you are either born like that or your not, i think everyone is getting too hyped on a small factor of this film (being the supposed embryo planting scene) and getting to obsessed with the predalien, its ALIENS VS PREDATOR not PREDALIEN VS PREDATOR.

Who cares if its a queen or not? they are all gonna be wiped out at the end of the movie more or less anyway with maybe weyland yutani getting a specimen thus making a backstory to alien

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Also, I find hilarious that a Queen would have two reproductory cycles so close to eachother, one through the mouth, the other through the back...And people thinking this is not the dumbest idea acrosss all Alien movies...

It is biologically impossible, alien or no alien, to have two completely different ways of laying embryos, one through the mouth, and one through the back, with eggs containing embryo-carriers and layers...

This is far worse than the Newborn or even the Queen with dual reproductory cycles, because they had credibility in AR... This is just pure brain-farting and the whole movie won't be able to disguise the awful smell of it... ::)

If thats the case how do you explain how a lone alien can survive to procreate in the beginning?  Its been suggested before that a lone Alien could STING its victim and so turn it into an egg to begin the process, if that was one day shown why not the same for the Alien Queen if her eggs were destroyed, or maybe the STING theory doesnt require a host at all....a prime example being the "egg on the Sulaco theory" for Alien 3

echobbase79

echobbase79

Maybe this is how the Predalien vomiting will come off.  :D

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: RoaryUK on Oct 27, 2007, 04:06:48 PM
a prime example being the "egg on the Sulaco theory" for Alien 3

That was a blooper, plain and simple. Theories on this need to cease imo.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 04:09:49 PM

Hmmm...  was it a blooper though?   If you watch ALIENS right to the end you hear a Face-Hugger scuttling in the background, so obviously thats what Cameraon intended and I reckon he had an idea for it.  Sure it wasnt explained, and to a point I agree FOX wanted a sequel so they just put the eg there..... but that doesnt mean it cant be explained.  Maybe some would rightly argue it shouldnt be because thats what makes it Alien.....in effect I guess you could say its a blooper tha doesnt have to be but if we know why then...well... I guess you know what I mean 

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: RoaryUK on Oct 27, 2007, 04:18:37 PM
Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 04:09:49 PM

Hmmm...  was it a blooper though?   If you watch ALIENS right to the end you hear a Face-Hugger scuttling in the background, so obviously thats what Cameraon intended and I reckon he had an idea for it.  Sure it wasnt explained, and to a point I agree FOX wanted a sequel so they just put the eg there..... but that doesnt mean it cant be explained.....maybe some would rightly argue it shouldnt be because thats what makes it Alien.
[/quote

REALLY!!!! Are you positive??? That plot hole has always annoyed me!

Anomaly

Anomaly

Hmmm...  was it a blooper though?

Let me think......

YES lol. The commentary plainly states they didnt think anyone would think about the egg too much. Its a good film overall, but they simply werent sharp there.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 04:21:57 PM

Hmmm...  was it a blooper though?

Let me think......

YES lol. The commentary plainly states they didnt think anyone would think about the egg too much. Its a good film overall, but they simply werent sharp there.

When it first came out that's what people really jumped on.

Predator-S

Predator-S

It's annoying. Eggs from thin air?

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 04:23:49 PM

Ashame.. the deaths and that were the "issues" some found. I found that film to be quite smart.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Someone on the board came with a theory that the Queen layed that egg.

But how can that be when she lost her sack? That doesn't sound right at all.

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 04:26:03 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 04:23:49 PM

Ashame.. the deaths and that were the "issues" some found. I found that film to be quite smart.

Its my favorite Alien film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed