Ridley Scott WANTED to do AVP!!!

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Oct 22, 2007, 11:06:08 PM

Author
Ridley Scott WANTED to do AVP!!! (Read 7,889 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/scott%20i%20should%20have%20made%20last%20alien%20film_1047252

Fox exec 1: "Who should we pick for AVP? Some nerd who made a shitty adaptation of a video game, or the guy who created the first ALIEN, a masterpiece, and one of the greatest films of all time?"

Fox exec 2: "Hmm...the guy who made the shitty video game adaptation!"

Fox exec 1: "Agreed!"

Huol

Huol

Paul anderson made an alien video game?

Just the title of that article makes this a bit dubious:

SCOTT: 'I SHOULD HAVE MADE LAST ALIEN FILM'

I SHOULD HAF MADE LAST ALION FIALM.

I should have made the last alien film.

SM

SM

The article talks about AvP.

Scott on the other hand, doesn't.

NintendoMan

imagine scott directing avp
would of been f**kin awesome!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Oct 23, 2007, 12:30:40 AM
The article talks about AvP.

Scott on the other hand, doesn't.

Exactly.  Scott never says he wanted to do AvP.  He simply laments that Fox went for AvP instead of Alien 5.  It's the article's author who makes the incorrect assumption.

Scree

Scree

Wow...AVP directed by Ridley Scott. With Russel Crowe as Lex! Awesome lol

Darkness

Darkness

That has been taken out of context. The interview was from sometime in 2006. His actual quote was:

"Alien Resurrection would have been the end of chapter one, and then you'd start all over again with chapter two," continues Ridley, musing over what could have been.
"I could have resurrected Alien in the next chapter in the saga. I think you would have to redesign the Alien itself, though - you'd have to allow it to evolve."

He was talking about Alien 5. It has nothing to do with AvP.

Xenomorphine

Redesigning the Alien and putting Space Jockey ships in orbit, 'bombing' our world with eggs. That's what the concept appears to have been.

Personally not sure that fills me with confidence. :)

SM

SM

Yes, "lets"....  ::)

The Chibi Kiriyama

If he's going to return with a plot like the one he was talking about in the Alien commentary, maybe it would be better off if he didn't return. But then again, that doesn't mean I want to see Cameron do Alien 5 either.

Private Hudson

Man.. Ridley needs to make another, just one more thing about alien. PLEASE GOD!! PLEASE!!!  :'(

wolfboy

wolfboy

He's talking about Alien 5. To be honest, at the time, the very thought of an Aliens versus Predator movie was something a lot of people were waiting for a long time, so the news of AvP probably sparked more interest. After all, you get both Alien and Predator fans. That and it potentially got the predator fans to watch the alien movies (like me) and vice versa with all their milking before the movie was out. Of course when it came out, it turned out to be not so good.

Anyway, I'm sure not even Ridley Scott can create an AvP movie with substance. The entire premise screams actionfest, which is what we're getting.

Private Hudson

Maybe the director of P2 and Ridley Scott, and James Cameron should make an AVP 3...

Horhey

Horhey

Omg..I just dont know what to say...I think I might have a stroke.. To be continued..

Edit: Nevermind. RS was misquoted. *Puts shirt back on*

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I would love to see him to do another alien movie but i don't think it would happen because he is busy with Body of Lies and Blood Meridian right now. Maybe his brother will make one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed