What are your favourite kills made by a predator in every movies

Started by Coolertonic7, May 23, 2024, 03:35:05 PM

Author
What are your favourite kills made by a predator in every movies (Read 332 times)

Coolertonic7

Recently, I rewatched almost all of the predator movies I was wondering what are your favourites kills done by a predator in each movies. Here are mine.

Predator: Dillon's death is my favourite in the first movie, because it shows how he was ready to fight till the end and it also helped with his character arc.

Predator 2: King willie's death even if it isn't shown still gives me chills, because of the buildup with the invisible predator marching towards him in the puddles, while he pulls his cobra sword out and then the reveal of the predator holding his decapitated head frozen in a scream of fear. It's probably one of my favourite examples of not showing something being more effective than showing it.

Avp: Weyland's death is the only predator kill in avp that actually made me feel bad for the character that was killed, because the others were just generic mercenaries.

Avpr: Jesse's death, while being an accident, was the most surprising death in the movie, because she was one of the characters that was genuinely a nice person and it was also kind of shocking how brutal she was killed, since the unrated cut reveals that the shuriken disemboweled her.

Predators: Stans death is probably in my opinion the best skull rip in the franchise, because he was still alive.
This death really showed how berserker was a brutal predator and I kinda wish there were more scenes that showed this side of its character.

The predator: This is the only movie were I actually don't like the kills, because they all feel so bland. I guess the guy who gets his head bit off or maybe the fugitive's death, but even that one one feels like a less interesting version of the crucified predator's death in Predators and it also feels like it wastes the potential of the fugitive's character.
The only deaths in the movie that I guess were emotional, was Thomas Janes and Keegan-Michael Key's death, because it was probably the most serious scene, which is funny because they were the comic reliefs.

Prey: The death in this movie was kind of hard to choose, not in a The Predator way, because no kills made by the predator disappointed me. So i'm going to choose the bear and Taabe.

Starting with the bear, its death was in my opinion a great way of showing how powerful a predator can actually be in combat and it also was cool to see the cloaked predator being covered in blood while holding the bear in the air. (It also reminds of the only part in The Predator that I like, when the unconscious cloaked fugitive's face is slowly revealed by blood dripping on it.)

As for Taabe's death, it was the most emotional death in the movie, as it showed that Taabe was ready to ensure that is sister would survive, even when he was fatally wounded and it also showed how petty the predator can be as individuals, when it cloaked itself and stabbed Taabe in the back, after he proved himself to be a worthy opponent.

Now what are your favourites and why?

BigDaddyJohn

Dillon's, my favorite in all predator movies. Mac's great too. Oh and Peter Keyes. Naru's bully who gets his arm chopped off then is beheaded.

TheDerelict

Predator - Hawkins death. The editing and music is just perfect and I love how quick it's goes from loud and action packed to mysterious, slow and brooding. Great stuff.

Predator 2 - I always loved the shot where the predator spears the Jamaican gang member and then turns to the gang leader and says "shit happens"

Predators - when the death row guy gets his skull and spine ripped out. Gory goodness.

The predator - there's a couple of shots that last about two seconds of soldiers shooting in a corridor and on a stairwell being thrown against walls and down stairs. Blood splattered everywhere. Looks like it's from an entirely different movie or from its original cut.

Prey - the French guy who gets hit by the net and pinned to the fallen log and both he and tree get absolutely shredded as one.

AVP - probably the mercenaries in the snow storm and in the cabin being slaughtered.

AVP R - probably the girl who gets slammed into the wall and cut in half by the shuriken.

Yautja888

Quote from: TheDerelict on Jun 02, 2024, 01:11:49 PMPredator 2 - I always loved the shot where the predator spears the Jamaican gang member and then turns to the gang leader and says "shit happens"

The pred was supposed to spear him and then he was flipped through the air like a pole vaulter. It was cut, dunno why.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

TheDerelict

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jun 02, 2024, 08:07:26 PM
Quote from: TheDerelict on Jun 02, 2024, 01:11:49 PMPredator 2 - I always loved the shot where the predator spears the Jamaican gang member and then turns to the gang leader and says "shit happens"

The pred was supposed to spear him and then he was flipped through the air like a pole vaulter. It was cut, dunno why.

Maybe because the predator kills two of the OWLF team like that in the meat factory.

Yautja888

Quote from: TheDerelict on Jun 03, 2024, 03:53:27 AM
Quote from: Yautja888 on Jun 02, 2024, 08:07:26 PM

Maybe because the predator kills two of the OWLF team like that in the meat factory.

Possibly, this is an interesting theory.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed