Monsterpalooza June 2024 - Alien: Romulus Panel

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 23, 2024, 12:57:55 AM

Author
Monsterpalooza June 2024 - Alien: Romulus Panel (Read 3,593 times)

Mike’s Monsters

I'll be attending this and will record the panel to put up on my YouTube channel for everyone to check out.

aliens13

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 23, 2024, 12:57:55 AMI'll be attending this and will record the panel to put up on my YouTube channel for everyone to check out.

https://i.imgur.com/jYu5Bd2.png
Any chance of showing something new? Something like a trailer? 😆

El Diablo

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 23, 2024, 12:57:55 AMI'll be attending this and will record the panel to put up on my YouTube channel for everyone to check out.

I'll be there as well. This is one of my favorite conventions (I bumped into the legendary Rick Baker a few years back). Let's hope they bring some new footage for the panel.

SiL

Quote from: aliens13 on May 23, 2024, 02:14:20 AM

Any chance of showing something new? Something like a trailer? 😆
It does say previewing; maybe they'll release the scenes again.

BigDaddyJohn

A sneak peek would be appreciated.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Are you allowed to ask the panel questions?

Immortan Jonesy

El Diablo

El Diablo

No new footage other than the red band teaser trailer was shown but the panel was fun and informative.

ADDED:

We met Fede at an autograph signing just now. He confirmed the trailer is coming next week.

I'm sure Mike will have his video up soon but basically Fede reiterated a lot of what has already been discussed regarding the movie and didn't reveal anything new. He is definitely a fan at heart. He revealed how emotional he got when he saw Alec Gillis and Shane Mahan working together with the creatures on set, the first time they had done so since 1985. Everyone involved loves the franchise.

razeak

I would love to go to something like that once for an Alien or Predator film. Too bad I'm in WV.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your wife today @El Diablo! Thank you for saying hi, and I'm glad we got more time to chat after the convention closed up. It was fun saying goodbye to Fede as he got in his car at the end of it all!

I have the panel up on my channel for all of you to check out. It had some good bits of information, but like El Diablo said, it wasn't a lot of juicy information as Fede is trying to keep a lot about the plot on lockdown. He even talks about how he hopes people will see this movie in the beginning of the discussion, by knowing as little as possible. A very interesting tidbit that was mentioned is that Phil Tippet came on board to do some stop motion work in the film as well. It was great hearing Fede, Alec and Shane discuss the legacy of the franchise and the new upcoming film. It's shot on my iPhone, so the picture and audio quality won't be perfect. Check it out:

I also grabbed some photos during the panel that you can see on my Instagram, along with a Polaroid I snapped of Fede, which he also signed along with the poster they gave out at the end. Good ol' Alec signing over the movie's name lol. Would have been even funnier if he used the AL of ALIEN and then signed EC to spell out his name:

https://www.instagram.com/mikes.monsters/p/C7s7gaPO8_l/?img_index=1

(how the heck do you get Instagram previews to show up here?)

And yes, trailer this week. Likely Tuesday. I got some more info behind the scenes about some things that I can't share just yet, but hopefully soon. Things some folks who have read the leaks found controversial. Likely will share closer or after release of the final film.

El Diablo

El Diablo

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jun 02, 2024, 06:27:13 AMIt was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your wife today @El Diablo! Thank you for saying hi, and I'm glad we got more time to chat after the convention closed up. It was fun saying goodbye to Fede as he got in his car at the end of it all!

It was great meeting you as well. Fede seemed like a good sport and it's clear he has a genuine passion and love for the ALIEN series. I was hoping they'd bring some new footage but I still had a great time at the convention and was not expecting the impromptu autograph session following the panel (which was moderated by the legendary Tony Timpone, former senior editor of Fangoria). Let's hope they get that trailer online ASAP so the rest of us can dig into something until August.
As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

SiL

I love stop motion but I'm not sure where it's appropriate in an Alien movie. They don't exactly have a history of it.

Feeds On Minds

I wonder how spoilery the trailer's gonna be

Nightmare Asylum

Haven't watched the panel yet, will be doing so as soon as I can, but regarding the stop motion stuff, I'm going to guess it'll be some machinery in operation, rather than Alien effects.

I love Tippett, so I'm curious and excited to see how his skills are put to use on this production.

PortugueseXeno

It was kind of funny when nobody cheered when it was mentioned that Fede was a producer for the recent Texas chainsaw Massacre hahaha

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed