Marvel Announces Predator vs. Black Panther Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 23, 2024, 06:00:33 AM

Author
Marvel Announces Predator vs. Black Panther Series! (Read 3,490 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on May 23, 2024, 09:49:46 PMA super hero isn't going to get beaten by a monster in a crossover like this. It's a given.

Except.. there is an example where a monsters did win. WildCATS/Aliens. The Xenomorphs killed the Stormwatch team, and made the WildCATs realize that saving the space station was a lost cause.

And that crossover was canon to Wildstorm at the time and is the direct reason why The Authority was created.

And another example is Agents of Law #6 as part of Dark Horse's Predators Attack storyline. The main character Law was killed by a Predator, which also ended the book series.

SM

I don't know who any of those people are - suffice to say they aren't top tier super heroes.

Batman, Superman, even Judge Dredd all won against the Aliens.  A Predator is not going to ultimately come out on top over Black Panther.  No matter how cool it would be to see a Predator take on the mantle.

SiL

They need to slap a nice juicy "WHAT IF" on the crossover titles to really mix it up a little and explore the idea of the heroes losing.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on May 23, 2024, 10:27:29 PMI don't know who any of those people are - suffice to say they aren't top tier super heroes.

The WildCATS were Image's answer to Marvel's X-Men. They were fairly popular in the 90's, enough to even get a cartoon alongside side Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as part of CBS' Action Zone block.

As for Law, we'll, you're certainly right about that. Agents of Law only had six issues, the last one featuring the Predator serving as the end. Dark Horse decided to end their in-house superhero lines with that one until they revived it a few years back.

Quote from: SM on May 23, 2024, 10:27:29 PMBatman, Superman, even Judge Dredd all won against the Aliens.  A Predator is not going to ultimately come out on top over Black Panther.  No matter how cool it would be to see a Predator take on the mantle.

I'm not contesting that. Not entirely at least. The only part I am contesting is when you said never. I say it's UNLIKELY to happen but it could.

Hell, DC recently had killed off Atom Smasher and Guy Gardner in Justice League vs Godzilla vs Kong. And Godzilla nearly offed Superman in that one.

The monsters CAN win.. if the writers let them.

Quote from: SiL on May 23, 2024, 10:29:18 PMThey need to slap a nice juicy "WHAT IF" on the crossover titles to really mix it up a little and explore the idea of the heroes losing.

That would be one way to do it but I think it would be more impactful if it happened in the crossovers as is. It's not like their 616 canon anyway.

SiL

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 23, 2024, 10:39:09 PMThat would be one way to do it but I think it would be more impactful if it happened in the crossovers as is. It's not like their 616 canon anyway.
It would be the way to do it that didn't get people's panties in a twist, even though it's functionally the same thing. When you have multiverses you don't actually need "what if"s.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on May 23, 2024, 10:47:02 PMIt would be the way to do it that didn't get people's panties in a twist, even though it's functionally the same thing. When you have multiverses you don't actually need "what if"s.

Pretty much, yeah.

The only crossover that I know of that is mutually canon to Marvel and DC is Justice League/Avengers.

But as far as Marvel/Alien-Predator goes... Well, assuming it's a universe in the Marvel Multiverse, they could take the risks anyway.

As for people getting their panties in a bunch, well... that's gonna happen anyway. As someone who debates with a lot of superhero fans, I have seen Superman stans lose their shit when Godzilla put the Big Blue Boyscout down, even when DC said that was an Elseworlds.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 23, 2024, 06:44:29 PMAlso, one Predator clan even has different grades of this metal. The Dark Blade clan in Concrete Jungle learned to improve and refine their metals with plasma forging and one weapon was specified to have unbreakable strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj1nOljyurQ
But Predators wanting Adamantium and Vibranium? Well... I guess it would be interesting to see if they get their hands on it.

I am curious if Benjamin Percy knows about this stuff or doesn't. Willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Well to be clear, that unbreakable plasma forged metal is exclusive to the Dark Blade Clan, seeing how they are the most technologically advanced clan out there in their lore, seems like not every clan out there can have such a metal or the know about of making them. So perhaps Adamantium is a new find for Predators outside the DBC.

I'd argue that Vibranium has more practical use than Adamantium for Predators purely on the fact that Vibranium can additionally absorb kinetic energy, so the applications has so much possibilities. Armored boots made from Vibranium that can not only absorb long falls but also silence movement for even more stronger stealth. Parts for machines that can strengthen use for longer time periods, like spacecraft.

I would love to see a Pred that made it out with some kind of new Vibranium upgrade though. Would help make a new unique Predator that can keep coming back and/or perhaps star it is own stories on other worlds.

Creepyinpu

Does Marvel officially say if this kind of crossover is canon or not? I'm guessing it's not, but just curious.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Creepyinpu on May 24, 2024, 06:59:50 AMDoes Marvel officially say if this kind of crossover is canon or not? I'm guessing it's not, but just curious.

Crossovers generally aren't canon. There are a few exceptions though but this one ain't one of them.

Darthwall275

Darthwall275

Great, can't wait to see the Predator job to another OP Marvel character with plot Armor. Also didn't Marvel wright this awful comic where some random butch chick kills like 20 Predators while looking for her dad or some shit? Truly atrocious stuff.

I'm thinking if they put him up against Kraven (his most logical matchup), he might actually be in with a chance to win, as much as I like Kraven, Marvel seem to consider the character a D-lister, (they even killed him off in the recent disappointing Spider-Man sequel game) especially with Sony's upcoming movie inevitably doing significant damage to him and reducing him to a lolcow in the same vain as his Morb-ier counterpart.

Mr.M

Mikes Monsters posted a new still on his Twitter page...marketing is moving forward.

RakaiThwei

Well, looks like Black Panther's getting Anti-Predator armor.  ::)

As if his suit wasn't OP enough already.

https://screenrant.com/predator-vs-black-panther-miniseries-new-vibranium-armor/

SM

Wouldn't that be a given since it's where vibranium comes from?

And wouldn't Black Panther be able to kill a Predator with one punch anyway? No need to super charge him.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jun 01, 2024, 01:00:29 AMWouldn't that be a given since it's where vibranium comes from?

Well, yeah but it seems like they're going with the prep-time route ala Batman Prep.

The suit, as near impervious as it is, can be cut-- but only along the grain of the fabric/material. Though whether or not a Predator can do that... remains to be seen.

Quote from: SM on Jun 01, 2024, 01:00:29 AMAnd wouldn't Black Panther be able to kill a Predator with one punch anyway? No need to super charge him.

I don't know. With, Marvel Predators, I really don't know.

but I do know Dark Horse Predators were insanely durable. In Hell Come A Walkin', one Predator tanked a civil war era cannon. And in Dark River, another survived a near point blank proximity explosion from a rocket launcher, and only came away with a broken mandible.

Doubt Marvel's Predators are that durable like DH's Predators.

SiL

Concrete Jungle has several Predators killed in a gunfight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed