Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 21, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still (Read 8,698 times)

The Cruentus

With a very long tail and if need be, she can detach. And while its eu, queens have been shown to regrow one.

Either way, the result of was infestation of colony.

It would sure be nice for the topic to go back to Romules eh?

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 27, 2024, 10:40:05 AMI remember that scene differently.  I seem to recall quite bit of time between her stumbling across the nest and that egg opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuN6h3UZFfA
Yep.

Speaking of which, I always took it as that Queen was capable to control not only adult ones but facehuggers inside the eggs too. My assumption is that she "ordered" a facehugger to hatch trying to sneakily take out Ripley

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

No matter how a Queen is implemented into a Hive, it makes sense to have at least a handful of Soldiers in place beforehand to both protect her and bring her hosts when she's ready. Which is where Eggmorphing comes in ;D

It's probably the most infamous deleted movie scene in history at this point.

And the hosts don't even necessarily need to be alive either, given Brett's headbite wound. The Alien just needs the meat. I assume the Runner was just the busiest lil guy somewhere in the bowels of the prison facility, preparing the house for mother.

BigDaddyJohn

I would be a bit surprised if eggmorphing appeared in Romulus, but wouldn't be against it, depending on execution.

Acid_Reign161

Let's look at the available facts;

1). Russ Jordan is facehugged and dragged outside of the derelict.

2). There are multiple facehuggers found in medlab, two are alive after being removed prior to embryo implantation.

Personal interpretation; Those huggers came from the team that were responding to Annie's mayday. Reason: Whether eggmorphing took place or not, we saw that all colonists PDT's (personal data transmitters) were collectively located in the sublevels of the atmosphere processing station.. how likely is it that colonists with small arms and seismic survey charges could venture in and survive retrieving facegugged comrades when fully armed Colonial Marines barely got out in one piece? Not very. Therefore, those dead huggers dropped off the faces of people brought into medlab the same way Kane was in 'Alien'. Expanded media (whilst not canon) shows that this is the case (see 'Aliens: Newt's Tale').

So for point one in the chat debate, no the first alien that burst from Russ did not have to be a queen, there were several xenos loose in the colony prior to establishing a hive.

Where does the queen come from? Two possibilities;

1: it was born a queen (as per Alien 3)
2: it was a regular xeno that went through a metamorphosis.

This is unclear, as there are so many unknown variables. It's sometimes easy to assume we 'know' things about the creatures life cycle based upon years of exposure to expanded media, but everything in the comics etc followed the life cycle as presented in the second movie.. if we just take what we see in the first three movies alone, and filter the rest out, the truth is it's not so black and white or clear. We can debate it till the cows come home, but there is no definitive answer. Did a regular xeno become a queen? Possibly, we saw that xenos in the second movie continue metamorphosis over time (comparing warriors to big chap, losing their head shell etc) it's entirely possible. Was it born a queen? Also possible, we see a queen chestburster in Alien 3. Why is this not definitive proof that the same happened in 'Aliens'? Because there's also the possibility that the queen was a unique evolution to that particular circumstance/environment, given the creatures ability to adapt/survive, the most 'optimum' method of reproduction if you will. Once it was a queen, it may be the case that it produces others like it (hence alien 3). It could be that regular xenos egg morph hosts, and these special ovomorphs, fed on the nutrients of the dissolving host become a sort of 'royal ovomorph'(Alien 3 assembly cut also supports the possibility of superfacehuggers) as per 'special eggs' in real world ant/bee hives. Hell, we're all assuming that the queen was even born from a human host. Could just have easily been born from a colony pet. We simple do not know.

My personal fan theory? Russ and the response team were brought into medlab with parasites attached. They removed two, killing the hosts, and opted not to do the same to the other but monitor their conditions. As per 'Alien' we know that those hosts would have 'recovered' with memory loss (their dead parasites placed in tubes to be studied) and likely been distributed around the colony when they popped. (So 4 xenos in the mix) I like to think this played out like 'Alien' - 4 big chaps, taking hosts, perhaps eggmorphing as a means to increase numbers (the last stand at operations clearly wasn't only 4 creatures, especially when we know the colonists successfully eliminated at least one xeno with seismic survey charges) During metamorphosis, one of the 4 began changing into a queen, with the others becoming 'warriors' (hate this term) building the hive. In this form, the queen can indeed lay 'royal eggs' explaining the queen chestburster in Alien 3.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 27, 2024, 07:43:21 AMEither way, I'd like to think that the infestation wasn't the result of blind luck on the aliens' part simply because one of the colonists found the golden ticket of a queen facehugger in the derelict.
Cameron said a warrior moulted into a Queen. Queen huggers weren't his idea.

Kradan

Really dig that idea, makes creature more adaptable

Highland

Was Local trouble responsible for the

"How did the Alien egg get on board thread?"

Long pause .....

#Close up of his battered face

........"yesss"

Local Trouble

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 27, 2024, 12:33:02 PMPersonal interpretation; Those huggers came from the team that were responding to Annie's mayday. Reason: Whether eggmorphing took place or not, we saw that all colonists PDT's (personal data transmitters) were collectively located in the sublevels of the atmosphere processing station.. how likely is it that colonists with small arms and seismic survey charges could venture in and survive retrieving facegugged comrades when fully armed Colonial Marines barely got out in one piece? Not very. Therefore, those dead huggers dropped off the faces of people brought into medlab the same way Kane was in 'Alien'. Expanded media (whilst not canon) shows that this is the case (see 'Aliens: Newt's Tale').

Then the aliens must have taken the corpses of Marachuk, etc. back to the nest for some reason.  While it's possible that the PDTs are disabled/extracted from the colonists after death, Drake told Gorman that they found no bodies.  I presume that includes the morgue.  Unless they were cremated, which is also possible.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 27, 2024, 04:48:22 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 27, 2024, 12:33:02 PMPersonal interpretation; Those huggers came from the team that were responding to Annie's mayday. Reason: Whether eggmorphing took place or not, we saw that all colonists PDT's (personal data transmitters) were collectively located in the sublevels of the atmosphere processing station.. how likely is it that colonists with small arms and seismic survey charges could venture in and survive retrieving facegugged comrades when fully armed Colonial Marines barely got out in one piece? Not very. Therefore, those dead huggers dropped off the faces of people brought into medlab the same way Kane was in 'Alien'. Expanded media (whilst not canon) shows that this is the case (see 'Aliens: Newt's Tale').

Then the aliens must have taken the corpses of Marachuk, etc. back to the nest for some reason.  While it's possible that the PDTs are disabled/extracted from the colonists after death, Drake told Gorman that they found no bodies.  I presume that includes the morgue.  Unless they were cremated, which is also possible.

Yup, I guess nothing went to waste. Has anyone ever counted the PDT dots on the screen? 🤣

Local Trouble

"Looks like all of them" doesn't sound very precise, so I can easily accept that at least a few colonists died outside of the nest and were cremated out of an abundance of caution before the place went completely apeshit.  That would account for Russ and Marachuk, specifically.

The Cruentus

The PDT are still active even among the dead, so if there is any outside the hive, then its not showing. There is what 158 colonists? so if the glowing dots are not accurate then maybe its because they got smushed together?

Local Trouble

That's why cremation makes the most sense to me.  No bodies, no PDTs.

The Cruentus

Yep and given that they would realize (even if too late) that they got some sort of infestation on their hands, burning bodies would actually probably be the go to method to be sure.

Not sure if all bodies were incinerated though, I mean they would have at least burned the initial chestburster victims, not sure about other casualities that may have happend, got to figure that atleast some were outright killed and not used as hosts.

Local Trouble

The aliens sometimes take the bodies of their immediate kills too.  See Brett, Clemens, Andrews, etc.

But I'd assume most of the colonists were taken alive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed