Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 21, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still (Read 8,537 times)

Ingwar

Do we have larger picture?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2024, 09:12:27 AM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on May 21, 2024, 03:18:19 PMI know it's just a production still but it's a bit overlit.

Hopefully the actual film will be much darker.

I wouldn't worry too much about lighting when it comes to production stills. It's not representative of the finished product.

Yeah, the lighting in the trailer looked great. Not too light or too dark - right in the Goldilocks zone.

Quote from: Ingwar on May 22, 2024, 03:32:23 PMDo we have larger picture?

This is just the picture in the tweet linked directly. Maybe NA can find a higher res version?

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Coolertonic7 on May 22, 2024, 03:26:54 PM
Quote from: TheDerelict on May 22, 2024, 02:53:21 PM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 22, 2024, 02:19:17 PMPlease God, no egg morphing

Please God, yes egg morphing. As many eggs as can be morphed.

If they actually use egg morphing, how many facehuggers should come out of the egg? Since, the alien queen is still in the life cycle, egg morphing would probably be a really desperate way to start a hive.

I quite like the idea that there is still only one hugger per ovomorph. I still very much like the idea that the metamorphosis of a drone into queen was circumstantial to the particular environment of Hadley's Hope (and that laying an egg that contains a superfacehugger or laying a queen embryo is merely an extension of that particular circumstantial change) - it may be that eggmorphing is the 'default' method of reproduction but the organism can adapt to other methods (hate to use AvPR in and Alien related convo, but depositing embryos orally would be one such example). I like to think, in terms of the movie universe, the Queen was unique.

BigDaddyJohn

Considering egg morphing hasn't really been done in a movie officially, this would be new. Why not.

The Cruentus

Hopefully not though, no need to add something to complicate an established life-cycle.

TheDerelict

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 22, 2024, 02:19:17 PMPlease God, no egg morphing

If they actually use egg morphing, how many facehuggers should come out of the egg? Since, the alien queen is still in the life cycle, egg morphing would probably be a really desperate way to start a hive.

You make a strong argument and I fear you may be right.
But I can dream and hope.

Coolertonic7

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 22, 2024, 03:48:01 PMI quite like the idea that there is still only one hugger per ovomorph. I still very much like the idea that the metamorphosis of a drone into queen was circumstantial to the particular environment of Hadley's Hope (and that laying an egg that contains a superfacehugger or laying a queen embryo is merely an extension of that particular circumstantial change) - it may be that eggmorphing is the 'default' method of reproduction but the organism can adapt to other methods (hate to use AvPR in and Alien related convo, but depositing embryos orally would be one such example). I like to think, in terms of the movie universe, the Queen was unique.

Honestly, I always liked all the various ways the life cycle could happen in the movies, since it made the alien even more unpredictable as a threat and it also shows their adaptative qualities that makes them the perfect organism.

BigChapismyBestFriend

I'm pretty sure just one just comes out.

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be all for seeing some eggmorphing. Would be curious to see it properly used in some capacity, even if it's relegated to being tied into some hyperspecific variant of the Alien created under extraordinary circumstances.

Maybe it's black goo-induced. :)

Immortan Jonesy

🦠Sweet! :o
          👉👈

oduodu

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 22, 2024, 03:57:04 PMConsidering egg morphing hasn't really been done in a movie officially, this would be new. Why not.

bravo

cucuchu

A facehugger produced from an eggmorph would be quite a bit different than a traditional facehugger, possibly more human I would imagine, at least the implant-Xeno that births from it...

Coolertonic7

Coolertonic7

Quote from: cucuchu on May 22, 2024, 06:12:46 PMA facehugger produced from an eggmorph would be quite a bit different than a traditional facehugger, possibly more human I would imagine, at least the implant-Xeno that births from it...

The face hugger's fingers could be two human hands fused together. Even the hole where the proboscis comes out could be a mouth that is sideways and the tail could be more spine-like, that ends in a more coccyx shape.

BigDaddyJohn

Are we sure
Spoiler
the human hybrid is a scientific creation and not the result of eggmorphing ?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed