Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 21, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still (Read 8,553 times)

GrimmVision

Quote from: RidgeTop on May 21, 2024, 10:38:34 PMIDK if it's just me or the image or what but the hive looks a little... trash-baggy?

I noticed that, too. Zoomed in several times to see if I was seeing it right. It's definitely smooth and plastic-y looking on the left. Hopefully it's just that it's meant to be seen from far away in a moving shot or it could maybe be enhanced/darkened in post.

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 21, 2024, 11:38:48 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on May 21, 2024, 10:38:34 PMIDK if it's just me or the image or what but the hive looks a little... trash-baggy?

I noticed that, too. Zoomed in several times to see if I was seeing it right. It's definitely smooth and plastic-y looking on the left. Hopefully it's just that it's meant to be seen from far away in a moving shot or it could maybe be enhanced/darkened in post.

That image has 'budgetted for streaming' written all over it.

SiL

It looks like cheap plastic that's been melted and allowed to cool into odd shapes.

aliens13

Quote from: SiL on May 21, 2024, 09:28:09 PMOn the one hand every shot invokes a feeling of "Hey remember this??"

On other hand they've only released half a dozen pictures and a teaser, so I'm hoping it's just the marketing team playing on nostalgia bait.
I was thinking the same. Maybe the publicity campaign wants to point more to that this film it's on Alien and Aliens line and not the prequel's

SiL

I'd like it to point to the fact that it's actually got a mind of its own at some point.

Which, from leaks, we know it does. I'd just like to see it. There was some concept art posted that was nice and new-looking, I think we got a glimpse of that location in one of the trailer variations.

Prez

Instant Aliens vibes simply from the tone, colour and lighting.

Acid_Reign161

On the subject of the hive; I don't personally think it looks that different to what we saw in the other movies... what I would say is that really thin metal vent hanging from the ceiling doesn't help the shot and deffo gives bin bag vibes, making the hive wall look thin/not much to it (though I don't imagine we'll see the shot like this in the movie, this image has 'production still' written all over it :-)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2024, 02:26:33 PMOh crap, we got a hive forming alright.

You know how I love me some hive...nice to see the asthetic back!

Quote from: Bob Saget on May 21, 2024, 02:23:39 PMLooks like she's wearing Reeboks

https://x.com/steveasbell/status/1792924496174682564

I really hope that means we'll be seeing some new Reeboks on sale!

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on May 21, 2024, 03:18:19 PMI know it's just a production still but it's a bit overlit.

Hopefully the actual film will be much darker.

I wouldn't worry too much about lighting when it comes to production stills. It's not representative of the finished product.

GrimmVision

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2024, 09:12:27 AMI really hope that means we'll be seeing some new Reeboks on sale!

I need to snag a pair of them this time around. Hopefully it's not a surprise drop and we actually get a bit of a heads up!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 22, 2024, 09:21:05 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2024, 09:12:27 AMI really hope that means we'll be seeing some new Reeboks on sale!

I need to snag a pair of them this time around. Hopefully it's not a surprise drop and we actually get a bit of a heads up!

I grabbed myself a pair a couple years back but they were like half a size too small so they're uncomfortable. I was hoping we'd see some drop again this year.  :'(

Quote from: SiL on May 21, 2024, 09:28:09 PMOn the one hand every shot invokes a feeling of "Hey remember this??"

On other hand they've only released half a dozen pictures and a teaser, so I'm hoping it's just the marketing team playing on nostalgia bait.

I really hope the 'memberberries aren't egregious. I know we're in disagreement over the whole midquel vibes - I'm very much liking the sounds of it - but repeated references really pull me out of experiences.

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2024, 09:29:43 AMI know we're in disagreement over the whole midquel vibes - I'm very much liking the sounds of it - but repeated references really pull me out of experiences.
At the moment it's like if they advertised Aliens with people in vents, Bishop dissecting the facehugger, Bishop torn in half, marines around the dinner table, etc - all those things that would make Aliens look like a memberberrie smoothie despite how different it really was.

That's my hope, at least.

Corporal Hicks

No disagreement there. I could have done without the Hicks/Ripley publicity still and moment myself. I suppose they're wanting to keep the unique stuff close to the chest to not spoil it which I understand, but I also see how it might affect the folk who are bothered by the references in the marketing.

SiL

That one in particular was just so on the nose I don't know what they were thinking releasing it.

xShadowFoxX

I'm still eager to see it... But I'm also getting 'Predators' vibes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed