Alien: Romulus director had an extensive call with James Cameron

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 20, 2024, 01:25:16 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus director had an extensive call with James Cameron (Read 7,398 times)

GrimmVision

I saw a really nasty comment a few weeks back under a YouTube video about Romulus saying the film makers were shoehorning a large amount of EDI (equality, diversity, and inclusion) into the movie based on the cast and I was just like what the f**k???

Immortan Jonesy

The anti-woke progresism wagon is filled with the worst people on the internet. So yeah, it's a f**king shithole🙈

BigDaddyJohn

Wasn't a woman already the main character of the first four movies ? Wasn't black characters (I love you Parker and Dillon  :-* ) already present in the first four movies ?

How in the world is this anything new ?

Local Trouble

I just saw Cailee Spaeny in Civil War.  She's 25, but she looks like she's about half that.

GrimmVision

Yeah. This franchise has been around for a while now, so it'll inevitably have older fans that are maybe still of certain mindsets. But the films and expanded media, especially nowadays, have been pretty inclusive and you'd think, or at least hope, that those fans would evolve with the material. It's really unfortunate when they don't/won't.

The Cruentus

The franchise hasn't really needed to evolve since its been inclusive since the beginning and has only continued to do.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 26, 2024, 04:27:28 PMI just saw Cailee Spaeny in Civil War.  She's 25, but she looks like she's about half that.

I just did too. She absolutely does look like a teen. She's excellent in it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 03, 2024, 11:06:30 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2024, 10:37:30 PMThe shot of Spaeny holding the rifle with a guy helping her has ramped the shitty midquel vibes to danger levels.

For me it's compounded the shitty midquel vibes with shitty YA movie vibes.

Now that I've seen her in Civil War, my opinion is unchanged.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Rankles75 on May 27, 2024, 02:24:05 AM
Quote from: darthwall275 on May 26, 2024, 02:35:07 PMThe "Twenty something cast" and "2023 will seep through every window" have me pretty f**king skeptical, the former because the last thing we need is more Gen-Z garbage when they've done nothing to earn the push they're getting, and the latter because it sounds as though they will find a way to fit *THE MESSAGE* into the movie in some unnatural and ham-fisted way.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/019/304/Old_Man_Yells_at_cloud_cover.jpg

I think as long as the youth factor isn't an excuse for them all to use the typical slasher stupidity tropes, it should be ok. Its what they are doing to the lore that worries me.  :laugh:

Darkness

Replies deleted. Come on people, don't be bringing politics into other boards.

Immortan Jonesy

So we have the directors of the first 2 movies loving Romulus. Isn't that a good sign?

Quote from: Fede Alvarez via ScreenRant via Gamesradar+"James Cameron is also someone I've met through the years, and when he learned that I was doing it, we started chatting about it. So I also had that conversation with him at the script level. He's now seen the movie and loved it," Alvarez told ScreenRant.

https://x.com/totalfilm/status/1795168177481027587

Local Trouble

The same Ridley Scott that gave us Prometheus and Covenant?  The same James Cameron that liked Dark Fate?

BigDaddyJohn

Cameron has a habit of liking questionable things.

TheBATMAN

I'd love to know what he was really thinking when he first saw Genysis. He must have been dying inside...

Cosmic Incubation

Part of me thinks maybe he has the John Carpenter mentality of "I love it when they make a new one just because it means I'm getting a check" but he's gotta have so much money that it doesn't even matter either way

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed