Alien: Romulus director had an extensive call with James Cameron

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 20, 2024, 01:25:16 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus director had an extensive call with James Cameron (Read 7,352 times)

BigDaddyJohn

I think we're doomed regarding that subject, but Mike said things that make me curious about the execution though.

SiL

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 25, 2024, 09:53:59 AMI think we're doomed regarding that subject, but Mike said things that make me curious about the execution though.
Spoiler
My concern is purely about the tech and ethics; its use in the film is neither here nor there for me
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SiL on May 25, 2024, 10:00:06 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 25, 2024, 09:53:59 AMI think we're doomed regarding that subject, but Mike said things that make me curious about the execution though.
Spoiler
My concern is purely about the tech and ethics; its use in the film is neither here nor there for me
[close]

Spoiler
Didn't Mike said it was mostly a puppet and a voice imitator ? If that's the case in the final film, wouldn't that be a bit more ethical ?
[close]

SiL

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 25, 2024, 10:01:47 AM
Spoiler
Didn't Mike said it was mostly a puppet and a voice imitator ? If that's the case in the final film, wouldn't that be a bit more ethical ?
[close]
Spoiler
He also said he saw an early version. Puppet and voice actor I'm all in.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SiL on May 25, 2024, 10:39:00 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
True, that's what I'm afraid of, it could very well change in the final film. I think we're doomed anyways with the gratuitous wink to the audience it represents.
[close]

SiL

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 25, 2024, 10:43:11 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
True, that's what I'm afraid of, it could very well change in the final film. I think we're doomed anyways with the gratuitous wink to the audience it represents.
[close]
Spoiler
Again, I can stomach a wink to the audience over what I personally consider an ethical issue.
[close]

Acid_Reign161

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I'm curious, what is more ethical about a physical fake Ian Holm that looks and sounds like him, over a virtual fake Ian Holm that looks and sounds him? (In your opinion?)🙂
[close]

SiL

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 25, 2024, 12:55:26 PM
Spoiler
I'm curious, what is more ethical about a physical fake Ian Holm that looks and sounds like him, over a virtual fake Ian Holm that looks and sounds him? (In your opinion?)🙂
[close]
Spoiler
The short version is it's AI creating performances for dead actors I have an issue with; it's a trend and a technology I do not want to support if I'm able.
[close]

Jaws the Revenge

I'm glad the trailer wasn't attached to Furiosa. Apparently it's not doing very well.  Not Fall Guy bad. But even the word of mouth isn't great. Which is odd because the reviews have been amazing.
So what will it the Romulus trailer be  attached too.
Bad Boys 3 doesn't realky seem like a good contender apart from the date ? However it's demographic may get the rememberberries which clearly Fox are promoting for the masses.It's a shame in hindsight that it wasn't attached to Planet of Apes which has surprised everyone with its box office success.

Feeds On Minds

If that part looks and sounds believable, I don't really care how it was achieved.

Local Trouble

Execution and ethics aside, it sounds incredibly cringe.

SiL

SiL

Regardless of how they do it, what they're doing is lame.

darthwall275

The "Twenty something cast" and "2023 will seep through every window" have me pretty f**king skeptical, the former because the last thing we need is more Gen-Z garbage when they've done nothing to earn the push they're getting, and the latter because it sounds as though they will find a way to fit *THE MESSAGE* into the movie in some unnatural and ham-fisted way.

Nightmare Asylum

Huh? What has any generation ever done to "earn the push they're getting" by... being cast in movies that require characters that are the age that generation currently is?

Immortan Jonesy

The children of the 60's to 80's...they may have had good rock bands and great movies...but by God how much bigotry towards the new generations.

You are not wise my dear boomers...just old :P👎

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed