[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 03:26:28 PM

Author
[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film! (Read 40,760 times)

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 24, 2024, 05:12:39 PMYou'll note that they didn't send marines in Alien 3.

Yeah, because Fiorina 161 is a Three World Empire world.

Local Trouble

You should read the Bishop novel again.

Acid_Reign161

That, and the fact that they are *Colonial* marines... Fiorina 161 isn't a colony. It's a double-y chromosome correctional facility.

SiL

They don't send the marines because they're not the government. WY sends their own PMC team to collect Ripley and the Alien to maintain control over the situation.

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2024, 09:17:06 PMThey don't send the marines because they're not the government. WY sends their own PMC team to collect Ripley and the Alien to maintain control over the situation.

WY sent marines in Aliens...

SiL

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 24, 2024, 10:09:07 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2024, 09:17:06 PMThey don't send the marines because they're not the government. WY sends their own PMC team to collect Ripley and the Alien to maintain control over the situation.

The government sent the marines. The operation was under military jurisdiction, WY had no control over it. There was a whole scene about it.

TheBATMAN

From the leaks we know the prologue is set pretty soon after Alien where Big Chap is recovered and taken back to Renaissance Station. The story then jumps ahead 20 years. This makes me wonder if the 'Remus' module is a new, bio-weapons lab added to the station sometime during this period? This would align with Fede's comments about things starting out looking like 'Alien' and then the technology gradually morphs into Aliens. Also, from the Alien day pic he posted in 2023 we also see the 'Aliens' Wey-Yu logo on the wall, and not the original, 'Alien' logo, again suggesting this was a later addition if the station itself already existed during the events of Alien.

The Cruentus

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 25, 2024, 07:34:48 PMFrom the leaks we know the prologue is set pretty soon after Alien where Big Chap is recovered and taken back to Renaissance Station. The story then jumps ahead 20 years. This makes me wonder if the 'Remus' module is a new, bio-weapons lab added to the station sometime during this period? This would align with Fede's comments about things starting out looking like 'Alien' and then the technology gradually morphs into Aliens. Also, from the Alien day pic he posted in 2023 we also see the 'Aliens' Wey-Yu logo on the wall, and not the original, 'Alien' logo, again suggesting this was a later addition if the station itself already existed during the events of Alien.

Still think the BC thing is stupid but its something we have to now accept. There at least better be a damn good explanation on how they somehow found BC though.
From what I remember of Alien, there is nothing following the shuttle so there is nothing behind it to see anything be ejected, and even if there was its unlikely they could intercept it before it blended into vastness of space

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2024, 10:10:21 PM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 24, 2024, 10:09:07 PM

The government sent the marines. The operation was under military jurisdiction, WY had no control over it. There was a whole scene about it.

Oh that's right "military jurisdiction"
My bad.

Slutty Badger

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Slutty Badger on May 24, 2024, 10:31:14 AM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on May 23, 2024, 10:47:49 AMThe unknown cast is already a dead giveaway of the lack of confidence the studios have on the movie

Sigourney Weaver was pretty much an unknown in 1979, and we all know how that turned out.

Well, this is not 1979, this is not the first Alien movie and these are not the same people at the helm of the studio! Those were visionaries, these are just corporate hacks! Also, Sigourney was one of a kind QUALITY actress at a one of a kind era! These kids are just cheap labor to save the studios a buck, simple as that! Ian Holm, Tom Skerrit, John Hurt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton and Yaphet Kotto can never be comparable in experience and quality with these talentless kids fresh of auditions! I highly doubt any of these kids will stand out at all acting-wise, much less have the protagonist become the next Sigourney... So, I applaud your naïve enthusiasm, but we all know how these movies get made these days...!

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 24, 2024, 11:39:13 AM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on May 23, 2024, 10:47:49 AMMore than just the gore and winks at the franchise, I will be paying close attention to it's connection to the original two movies, especially how they came across the black goo, how they managed to replicate the Xenos with it, and how the events in this movie did not transpire to Weyland-Yutani being aware of the existence of the Xenos between ALIEN and ALIENS! We all know that even though WY was aware of the Xeno in ALIEN, the colonists were only sent to the Derelict by Burke AFTER Ripley told them what had happened at the Nostromo!

For Hadley's Hope to be set up on LV-426 in the first place, WY absolutely knew about the Alien. There's no way it was by chance they chose that specific tiny moon just 20 years after the events of Alien to build a colony.

I think they knew about the Derelict in the first movie, too. Special Order 937 was carried out under the guise of "All transmissions picked up must be investigated or you're penalized with total forfeiture of shares". WY knew the route the Nostromo would take to get back to Earth and they installed Ash on board literally prior to the Nostromo's return from Thedus to see that their plans were carried out.

WY has always lied. And they've always known. Whether it's because of David or something we haven't seen yet? I don't know.

If WY knew, hence why they put terraforming crews there (sounds convoluted to me, to wait 20+ years in order to disguise their REAL intentions?!), why did they take 20+ years AND Burke (not management, just a greedy corporate lackey) to FINALLY have a family sent to the Derelict to explore it?! This sounds very illogical to me! If WY knew all along where the Nostromo were, why did WY take 57 years since the Nostromo was destroyed, and the latter 20+ years of those to settle people there, to FINALLY send someone to check the Derelict out!? My guess is that somehow during those 57 years, the information got lost within WY, probably due to management changes and/or firings, and that information got lost and only after Ripley's inquiry, Burke, NOT WY MANAGEMENT, decided to check it out! Sounds strange, doesn't it?

SiL

What a bunch of rambling nonsense.

Spaeny has been in at least two releases in the last twelve months with glowing praise for her performances.

Immortan Jonesy

Cailee Spaeny doesn't have to be the next Sigourney Weaver. She has to be the best version of herself as an actress.

Rankles75

A new release in the Alien or Predator series never fails to bring the numpties out of the woodwork...  :P 

BigDaddyJohn

As often people have clairvoyance gifts here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed