[Updated] It's Official! Fede Alvarez's New Film is Titled Alien: Romulus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 08, 2024, 06:35:06 PM

Author
[Updated] It's Official! Fede Alvarez's New Film is Titled Alien: Romulus (Read 11,471 times)

PortugueseXeno

Ok, who the hell is Steve Asbell?

This is not the first tweet of his that people have put here.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 10, 2024, 03:08:00 PMOk, who the hell is Steve Asbell?

Executive vice president of production at 2oth Century Studios

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 10, 2024, 01:55:11 PM"Reboot" is a word with so many definitions that it is pretty much meaningless at this point.

"Reboot" is indeed a pretty vague term, but it usually falls into two categories: soft and hard reboots. A soft reboot is a sequel that emulates characteristics of its original works, while a hard reboot retcons previous sequels, sometimes following only the original entries of the series. Examples of soft reboots include "The Force Awakens" and "Ghostbusters: Afterlife." In contrast, "Halloween" (2018) is an example of a hard reboot. "Alien: Romulus" qualifies as a soft reboot due to its similarities with the original "Alien" and its use of retrofuturistic technology.

(Props to ChatGPT for making my autistic rambling and ADHDing more comprehensible and concise)

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 10, 2024, 03:12:21 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 10, 2024, 03:08:00 PMOk, who the hell is Steve Asbell?

Executive vice president of production at 2oth Century Studios

Interesting, so that is why some people were saying that he was "leading" things into a good direction.

GreybackElder

Is it odd that we have this Alien film coming out later this year and we've yet to see a teaser or a trailer?

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: GreybackElder on Feb 10, 2024, 03:55:51 PMIs it odd that we have this Alien film coming out later this year and we've yet to see a teaser or a trailer?

Well, we got Super Bowl tomorrow, so you never know...

Also, after the COVID lockdown, movie marketing has been different.

There was a time where sometimes the first teaser or trailer would be released almost a full year before the theatrical release, but now movies (especially horror movies) tend to keep their marketing closer to its release date.

GreybackElder

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 10, 2024, 03:58:50 PM
Quote from: GreybackElder on Feb 10, 2024, 03:55:51 PMIs it odd that we have this Alien film coming out later this year and we've yet to see a teaser or a trailer?

Well, we got Super Bowl tomorrow, so you never know...

Also, after the COVID lockdown, movie marketing has been different.

There was a time where sometimes the first teaser or trailer would be released almost a full year before the theatrical release, but now movies (especially horror movies) tend to keep their marketing closer to its release date.

I guess i'm watching the superbowl then haha.

Nightmare Asylum

The movie is still half a year away. Not that odd to have not seen anything yet.

Mike’s Monsters

Don't get your hopes up too much for the Super Bowl. There's a big chance of nothing coming tomorrow. Watch away, but lower expectations.

GreybackElder

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 10, 2024, 05:29:01 PM

The movie is still half a year away. Not that odd to have not seen anything yet.

Makes sense. I vaguely remember when Covenant drop its teaser trailer it was before Christmas of 2016. Covenant debuted in May 2017. Hopefully it drops soon. I'm getting antsy.

Slutty Badger

Plus, Romulus wasn't originally a theatrical release, so there's possibly been a scramble to get things ready.

Mike’s Monsters

There's no scramble. They changed the plans on release to theatrical far enough in advanced. They have a plan, it's just not started yet. I know they are starting to shoot some marketing materials soon with cast and crew. Just because you haven't seen anything, doesn't mean they don't have faith or they don't have a plan.

-Signed, former marketing employee of Bandai Namco Toys & Collectibles and I also know people who are marketing this movie.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 10, 2024, 07:08:39 PMThere's no scramble. They changed the plans on release to theatrical far enough in advanced. They have a plan, it's just not started yet. I know they are starting to shoot some marketing materials soon with cast and crew. Just because you haven't seen anything, doesn't mean they don't have faith or they don't have a plan.

-Signed, former marketing employee of Bandai Namco Toys & Collectibles and I also know people who are marketing this movie.

Hence the qualifier "possibly".

Mike’s Monsters

Yeah, but I'm telling you there is no possibility at all. It's a long distance memory it being a streaming release.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed