None design changes, it's perfectly as it is
7 (20%)
Slight design changes but none too drastic
24 (68.6%)
Major design Changes are ok with me
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author
What do you think about a xenomorph redesign (Read 6,770 times)

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: SM on May 24, 2024, 02:21:11 AMWhat would a "total rework" look like?

If it's total, then it stops looking like an Alien.
OK, that understandable. I agree with the statement too the reason why I said the question is because I like Seeing people's perspective on things.

Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2024, 02:28:58 AM'Zilla was still recognisable as Godzilla, just applied to a more updated idea of what a dinosaur looked like than the OG upright Godzilla.

Similarly, the AR Aliens are recognisable as Aliens, but with significant modifications to their posture, detail, head size and shape, etc.
Oh, I Misunderstand what you trying to say I am sorry. I can totally see why you think that.

SM

Oh right.

If someone showed me the Emmerich Godzilla and I didn't know it was Godzilla, I'm not sure I'd pick it over some generic giant lizard.

With Resurrection, it ticks all the boxes.  Long banana head, inner jaw, ribs, back tubes, bony tail, etc. Despite the obvious differences, it probably ticks more boxes than the previous two iterations which lacked the smooth head and back tubes respectively.

MetalAlien

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on May 09, 2024, 02:25:29 AM
Quote from: SM on May 09, 2024, 12:38:12 AMConsidering the more fleshy Aliens in Resurrection, the full grown Newborn - the FullGrown (TM) - likely wouldn't have had much of a biomechanical look.
But I want it to be biomechanical :(

On a serious note, I get it being fleshy was a choice but still if it was biomechanical It would've been much better

I won't even take a movie seriously if they are not biomechanical. I love the Aliens technical manual describing aliens feeding off the electricity generated by the Atmosphere processor.

SM

That was the old Leading Edge RPG I think.

I dug that too.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Posted on the Discord and in another thread, but recently I've been messing with the DBD Alien model(face, legs, proportions, textures, adding back the backspike and skull), and now I got to my ideal design

The Default Alien model from DBD for comparison

And the DBD Model with just the new texture and fixed skull

BigChapismyBestFriend

Local Trouble

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on May 24, 2024, 09:23:59 AMPosted on the Discord and in another thread, but recently I've been messing with the DBD Alien model(face, legs, proportions, textures, adding back the backspike and skull), and now I got to my ideal design

PAS Spinelli

Thank you

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

You're welcome bro

What do you think about the neomorph getting a Redesigned? Not making it biomechanical, but just adjusting some things. If you were in charge of the Design what would you change about it?

MetalAlien

Getting closer!

BlueMarsalis79

Neomorph? Just make it much more translucent, pretty please.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 25, 2024, 10:39:48 PMNeomorph? Just make it much more translucent, pretty please.

So something like this

BlueMarsalis79

No something like this:

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 25, 2024, 11:09:16 PMNo something like this:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/webp-express/webp-images/doc-root/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/alien-covenant-concept-049-carlos-huante.jpg.webp
I like it, Of course it's going to have a tail. Right. I have to admit I really like the idea of the belugamorph, They can squeeze through pipes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed