Marvel Announces Predator vs. Wolverine Crossover Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 08, 2023, 02:56:44 PM

Author
Marvel Announces Predator vs. Wolverine Crossover Series! (Read 39,260 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 30, 2023, 01:52:31 AMI wrote in a letter to Marvel, and even marked it as "OKAY TO PRINT" to maybe see it answered and printed. I had gave them some suggestions to help in writing their versions of the Predators better, even referring to what they're capable of even without tech, I even referenced Predator: Hunters III where we even saw a clan of Predators with wooden and bone weapons taking out Anti-Predator Elite teams and AVP Prey to show them that Predators have their own martial art called "Jehdin" and how one Predator, Broken Tusk, emphasized on the use of blades and bare fists, and the reliance on one's own senses.
With the recent return of John Schafer, I know at least they have looked at Hunters III so perhaps, and I hope they done, is read your letter and/or already went ahead and implemented such notes into future comics.  I wasn't familiar with Jehdin. I'm a take a look back at the novel, as I don't recall that bit of info. The closest thing to a martial art that I was aware of was actually a fighting style from MKX of all places, the "Hish-Qu-Ten" variation. Oh and also that one short story, Skeld's Keep where one of the Predators in question, One Eye, is a master of wristblade combat so there is another martial art style they got going on with that too.

While I get that, like people, there would be Predators who would rely on their tech too much but to use it as the standard is not the case either. Hubris kills them, which can apply to either skill and/or tech. The Predator Wolverine was facing kept refining and removing those weaknesses, which as a proper Predator should. Which is why I personally understood why the ending went the way it did.

I think also what is the point of any versus if there is no possibility of a Pred removing a head. I came around to the notion that at times there has to be a Predator win here and there in order to keep it unpredictable and threatening. Yes I can't ignore how hard it is to bring one done as they leave a mountain of bodies before they die but sometimes there can be a moment where we drop a duce cuz one of them actually walks away and comes back for more. Keeps things always fresh and attention grabbing. It's why Scarface and Ahab are so well liked, they got personality and actually survive to live up to the name of the Predator with a list of feats behind them.

Sabres21768

Just read the first issue on the Marvel Unlimited app.
Let me just say that not only was it a great first issue, but reading it on the app was actually fun!
The transitions of the Predator using its cloaking was amazing in the app.

Xiggz456

Just read all 4 issues in one go and was pleasantly surprised at how solid this crossover turned out! Neither side felt overpowered and Percy did a great job at weaving Wolverine lore together with Predator lore. Couple of nice nods to Prey added to the overall awesomeness! Best Predator crossover since Batman IMO!

Corporal Hicks

I read the last issue last week and I agree with the general sentiment of the series. I really enjoyed it. I never expected the
Spoiler
the Predator to actually survive the entire series, but he survives multiple encounters with Wolverine, learning from each other as they
[close]
, but I was thrilled to see how balanced I felt the portrayal of each character was. It very much feels like a Batman vs. Predator in that regard.

Aside from Loracco's artwork in the first issue, I thought the artwork was fantastic. I wasn't too sure on Gavin Guidry and Matthew Wilson's Winchester era style, but that's nothing objective, just a subjective take on the style. Did that mean anything? Was that typical of anything to do with the stories in that era?

I'm quite looking forward to sitting and going through this series in its entirety.

Sabres21768

I seriously loved the panel of
Spoiler
Predator on the back of the killer whale.
[close]

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 03, 2024, 12:49:21 AMI seriously loved the panel of
Spoiler
Predator on the back of the killer whale.
[close]
Not every so often I see a Predator going after a sea creature.

Corporal Hicks

Love the concept! Just a shame about the artist and quality of it.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2024, 08:05:55 AMLove the concept! Just a shame about the artist and quality of it.
What do you mean?
It looks amazing to me.

Corporal Hicks

It's more traced artwork from Land (known for tracing and swiping).

https://twitter.com/Engineer_LV426/status/1718359810444530156

SiL

He traced the water spray FFS

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2024, 08:53:52 AMIt's more traced artwork from Land (known for tracing and swiping).

I see.
Still a cool panel though.

BlueMarsalis79

Local Trouble

If only they'd gone with old mate Sal instead.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2024, 08:53:52 AMIt's more traced artwork from Land (known for tracing and swiping).

This made me realize at a slightly unrelated issue and not a real big one at that but one that realize something. The spear throughout the story is never extended. It was always in the "sheathe" form. Almost like shooting a gun while it's in the holster  :laugh:

Also looking forward to a podcast review on this comic run. Love hearin yall while I'm doin work or going to places.

Wweyland

Thats one big trophy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed