Aliens Bishop

Started by felix, Apr 19, 2023, 04:56:25 AM

Author
Aliens Bishop (Read 82,671 times)

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Finished this thing a couple of days ago. Can't wait to never, ever read it again.

razeak

razeak

Haven't read it. Considering it.

The Apone connection is a little bit of a turn off.

Like if the book started about his brother trying to figure out what happened to him, and stumbling across Bishop, that would make sense.

Any other connection context is hard to imagine.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Oh god I got to the moment.

Spoiler
Uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

UUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
[close]

Christ, way to tank an actually genuinely poignant and important scene.

Spoiler
Also, Robert Morse name-drop outta f**kin' nowhere. Will it have a payoff? I'm not so sure!
[close]

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 10, 2024, 03:44:11 AMOh god I got to the moment.

Spoiler
Uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

UUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
[close]

Christ, way to tank an actually genuinely poignant and important scene.

Spoiler
Also, Robert Morse name-drop outta f**kin' nowhere. Will it have a payoff? I'm not so sure!
[close]

Yeah, Napier have a habit of overusing onomatopoeias for some reason. They would work in comic book speech bubbles but in a novel format, not so much. And it's weird, because It's not like he has problems with descriptions, both of action or emotions. The scene that You are reffering to for example, was nice and tense up to this sudden drop. But it's not like it completely ruins the whole setup. My eybrow just twitched a little at this moment and I just moved on.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 10, 2024, 03:44:11 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Yes. He actually appears towards the end of the book. Michael Bishop is keeping him on the Xinjiang for no conceivable reason whatsoever. He wants ice cream!
[close]

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Jan 10, 2024, 10:04:18 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 10, 2024, 03:44:11 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Yes. He actually appears towards the end of the book. Michael Bishop is keeping him on the Xinjiang for no conceivable reason whatsoever. He wants ice cream!
[close]
I'm glad it has some kind of resolution I guess?

felix

felix

So does anything important in this book?

I am just waiting for the paperback version to come out.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I had a quick peruse of this, not sure if I am going to like when I read it properly.
Spoiler
A lot of weird crap happens. Michael seems to be a meglomaniac that would make his ACM version proud. The whole consciousness uploading reminds me of AVP 2010 as the "Bishop" there uploaded himself too, or at least had copies. A few instances reminds of Resurrection too where people are locked in a room with eggs. I will give it a proper read soon since I can't really properly review or comment on it if I have not read it fully
[close]

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 14, 2024, 10:22:39 PMI had a quick peruse of this, not sure if I am going to like when I read it properly.
Spoiler
A lot of weird crap happens. Michael seems to be a meglomaniac that would make his ACM version proud. The whole consciousness uploading reminds me of AVP 2010 as the "Bishop" there uploaded himself too, or at least had copies. A few instances reminds of Resurrection too where people are locked in a room with eggs. I will give it a proper read soon since I can't really properly review or comment on it if I have not read it fully
[close]

Spoiler
Michael Bishop uploading himself as a virtual consciousness completely contradicts the W-Y Report and possibly Heart of Darkness, unless the Michael Bishop who appears during the briefing in the latter is a projection.
[close]

"Weird crap" sums up this book perfectly.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

What is Heart of Darkness?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 15, 2024, 07:24:34 PMWhat is Heart of Darkness?

A little known book by some obscure author.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 15, 2024, 07:25:15 PM

Well I mean, I know Conrad, I meant if there's some Alien story with the same title.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 15, 2024, 07:34:04 PMWell I mean, I know Conrad, I meant if there's some Alien story with the same title.

It's an Alien RPG module. Pretty cool, actually. At the outset, the characters are briefed by Michael Bishop.

Spoiler
Or his glittering projection, idk/idc
[close]

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 15, 2024, 07:25:15 PM

"Are you an alienist?"

Wweyland

Wweyland

Is the Patna mentioned/featured?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed