[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series!

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 01, 2022, 05:26:18 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series! (Read 43,557 times)

[cancerblack]

It's Marvel Alien. But like, ironically. Or something.

skhellter

skhellter

our beloved franchise has had its tiny little share of heroic characters with superstrength (Walter, Ripley 8.... and huh.. Blue Marsalis counts.) Wendy is another one in that mold... we've even had martial arts before.. .this time.. we'll have swordplay. 

I've just come to accept that this franchise isn't gonna deliver EXACTLY what i want from it... ever. and it's kind of part of the fun to me at this point.

REMINDER!
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/418260/ridley-scott-says-alien-is-a-great-superhero-movie-calls-the-rest-of-the-genre-boring-as-shit/

what are the chances that Wendy will kick an Alien in its noggin..
https://youtu.be/BxHbOc5ii3w?list=TLPQMzAwNDIwMjMNmQLQL3GqWQ

Local Trouble

I wonder why they didn't just go ahead and cast Summer Glau in this.

skhellter

that image with the swords is very whedony...

What concerns me the most at this time is the period that the story takes place in..
REALLY hope it's not set pre-Alien like the FX president keeps saying..

Local Trouble

Quote from: skhellter on May 01, 2023, 11:46:07 AMthat image with the swords is very whedony...

God, I hope the dialogue is just bursting with MCU quips. :laugh:

skhellter

ya i'm not worried about that. Even Noah's marvel show didn't have that. :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

I am seeing similarities in Kerry and Wendy from what we know, both have obviously an interest in swords apparently, in Kerry's case that interest came from being an immature person in a mature person's body, I would not be surprised if Wendy's characterisation's similar considering the circumstances, and also both have a strange but powerful connection to their brother because of their circumstances.

So not totally out of the blue for Noah Hawley but certainly, not the Alien people are already familiar with, whether it is well told or not and the tone will be the main deciding factors for me.

skhellter

i appreciate that the swords just look like gigantic machetes

which was kind of the design idea behind the Uruk Hai swords.

Definitely Weta designs, then.

Nightmare Asylum

Still really hoping the Aliens-era WY logos in the concept art mean roughly that timeframe and not a major oversight/pre-Alien thing here.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 01, 2023, 01:17:02 PMStill really hoping the Aliens-era WY logos in the concept art mean roughly that timeframe and not a major oversight/pre-Alien thing here.

I remain fairly convinced this is more going to be Inspired By the franchise than in-continuity. Which in principle I fully support but it's all in the execution and so far, everything about this is off-putting to me personally.

Nightmare Asylum

Not sure I feel that that's actually the direction they're going for here, but I would be totally ok with an "out of continuity" thing. Never really cared one way or the other if every single installment was directly canon to one another, honestly. I'd be fine taking each iteration on its own merits, as with most of the Godzilla or James Bond movies.

[cancerblack]

I think there may well be something "on paper" that means it's not a one-off or spin-off, but that the content itself will just do whatever the f**k it wants and annoy the shit out of anyone trying to make it fit.

BlueMarsalis79

Legion Season 1:

Fairly direct connection to the films, but then they decided to go their own way with that depiction, so precedence for this already exists.

RIP77

RIP77

But in Legion they ( Lauren Shuler Donner productor X-MEN movies)  said that it was not the same universe but there would be winks. 

Quote"We are separating it. We are our own world."

In Noah's Alien, the president says to THR  that it is the same universe, that it is not a reboot. And  the first story in the Alien saga.

It IS different than Legion but it also says that Noah expands and reimagines Alien.

I think that even being in the Alien universe, Noah will have the freedom to follow his path and it may not fit well or yes, but it officially goes before Alien. 

My doubt is if they mean before Alien or before Covenant.

70 years since now  ( says  CEO to THP) is between Prometheus  and Covenant.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 01, 2023, 10:00:44 PMI think there may well be something "on paper" that means it's not a one-off or spin-off, but that the content itself will just do whatever the f**k it wants and annoy the shit out of anyone trying to make it fit.

I fully expect it'll be just like Star Trek Discovery, which the showrunners insist is set in the original continuity despite all the incongruities.  Anyone who balks will just be dismissed as toxic fans.

SSDD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed