Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2022, 08:03:14 PM

Author
Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced (Read 46,913 times)

Neila

True, it was very special. I was also a bit confused when I saw memory for the first time. but it had something.
I found the perspectives interesting. The beginning with the grandma vampires was scary :)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2024, 07:53:03 AMI remember Memory being okay.

I have no memory of Memory.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2024, 07:53:03 AMI think it was the analysis stuff where it did get a little dicey. Some of it was interesting, some of it was just "wot?"

Yeah didnt they spend 5 minutes trashing the Covenant chestburster scene?

HuDaFuK

Tbf I remember that scene getting a laugh at the premiere.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Neila on May 16, 2024, 08:11:36 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 15, 2024, 03:24:02 PM
Quote from: Neila on May 15, 2024, 06:15:30 AMI wasn't completely up to date on the matter.
I thought all along that you could pre-order it for the prices listed if you wanted to be mentioned in the credits, etc.

I assumed that at some point it would be available for everyone to purchase without being credited and at a normal price.
That's how their other documentaries played out, I know because I own several.

According to the CEO that's not the case with this one. Unless he's a liar preying on false FOMO, of course.

I wonder what the motivation is for this. I mean, wouldn't it be more lucrative from a financial point of view to sell it officially instead of just catering to exclusive buyers?

Maybe they've already made enough money from the pre-orders to finance everything, I don't know.

The alien documentary memory was also available for everyone to buy.
However, I don't know whether there were exclusive versions beforehand.
They're trying to have their cake and eat it too. Prey on (false) FOMO to get people to buy in at the high price point, and then snag the people who don't buy in with a lower price point later and hope they don't have a long enough memory to remember (or care about) the FOMO claims.

Don't fall for it.

Also they absolutely made enough money from the initial financing 18 months ago, otherwise the project would never have happened in the first place. That's how crowdfunding (allegedly) works, you need the capital from backers to make the project happen. If they made the documentary, it stands to reason they got the capital on the first go-around. Everything after that is pure profit.

Corporal Hicks

TheDerelict

"Exclusive interview: Director IAN NATHAN takes us in the pipe with ALIENS EXPANDED."

🤔

...was that a deliberate sentence or a poor choice of words. 😆

[cancerblack]

Reckon he's on the pipe, with the prices he charges.

SM

Quote from: TheDerelict on Jun 10, 2024, 07:11:35 PM"Exclusive interview: Director IAN NATHAN takes us in the pipe with ALIENS EXPANDED."

🤔

...was that a deliberate sentence or a poor choice of words. 😆

Both.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed