Squid Game TV show

Started by BringbackJonesy!, Oct 14, 2021, 12:26:57 AM

Author
Squid Game TV show (Read 2,558 times)

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Currently the most watched Netflix show ever, with 111 million viewers over the last few weeks.

Violent but engrossing Korean hit, with some visual flourishes along the way.  I caught this recently and enjoyed the hell out of it's 9 episodes.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I can't believe I haven't seen this show yet.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Bloody Disgusting peaked my interest of this with the trailer. Watched it and just absolutely loved it. Something to enjoy if you like Battle Royale. Some genuine emotional betrayal, and a twist I didn't anticipate - though the Mrs did.

reecebomb

reecebomb

I'd avoid the trailer as it's quite spoilerific. Watched it day one not knowing that it's gonna be huge, anyway it's great and deserves it's success.

Darkness

Darkness

Just watched all of this last weekend after hearing lots about it.

Never seen anything like it. I really felt for the main character, I was close to tears myself in the marbles game. The acting was superb throughout. You really felt like they felt their lives were at stake. I did watch it in the English dub but I'll give it a try in the future with Korean and subtitles.

Did you guys watch it in English?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 12, 2021, 04:45:27 PM
Just watched all of this last weekend after hearing lots about it.

Never seen anything like it. I really felt for the main character, I was close to tears myself in the marbles game. The acting was superb throughout. You really felt like they felt their lives were at stake. I did watch it in the English dub but I'll give it a try in the future with Korean and subtitles.

Did you guys watch it in English?
Watched it in Korean with subs. I heard the subs aren't accurate, but I still think it's better to capture the original actor's vocal performance, even if you don't know the language. I read quickly, though, so I can understand why people get annoyed with it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Watching something like this in English I honestly find damn near offensive

Kradan

Kradan

I'll watch it in Russian dub then

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 14, 2021, 02:29:19 PM
Touché

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 14, 2021, 02:29:19 PM

I watched the English dub on account of the fact that I don't understand any other languages.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, I'm sure as hell don't understand Korean

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Use subtitles you cretins.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Nah, too much reading.  I like to watch the performances.

Why do I suddenly have a stabbing pain my back? ???

Kradan

reecebomb

reecebomb

For the love of god don't watch foreign films dubbed. Checked the Squid Game dub and the cringe was unbearable, every asian film will feel like old Kung Fu comedy with a dub.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed