So, whats the connection between the Engineers and the aliens in this game?

Started by bobby brown, Apr 29, 2021, 09:47:41 AM

Author
So, whats the connection between the Engineers and the aliens in this game? (Read 14,831 times)

Evanus

I don't care whether or not Ridley thinks he knows what's best of the franchise, I just enjoy his vision and interpretation of the original creature and AI. And guess what, it's totally fine to dislike it. Just don't try to force it down everyone's throats that they're terrible films without any merit, it's a waste of time.

BlueMarsalis79

judge death

judge death

MAkes me curious as rumors make it sound like disney will rebot the series and retcon and as Ridleys series was never finished: what the reaction would be if disney recton away prometheus and covenant and make weyland yutanis background different and xenomorphs existing very differently like hmm they spread through the galaxy by eggs and spores on astroids, like how the insects in starship troopers colonise other planets, and blomkamps idea of you can reprogram xenos and radio control them, being the reason wy desperately want them :P Just an idea for thoughts and disney claiming its the canon now :P

Quote from: Evanus on May 07, 2021, 08:25:47 PM
I don't care whether or not Ridley thinks he knows what's best of the franchise, I just enjoy his vision and interpretation of the original creature and AI. And guess what, it's totally fine to dislike it. Just don't try to force it down everyone's throats that they're terrible films without any merit, it's a waste of time.
Well said. I will probably do as I said in pm to trash queen and nightmare asylum: just like what I like and the hemes and stuff and enjoy the parts of the franchise I like and be less on a forum where most are: canon or it dont exist thinking or: earth war dont matter its not canon etc. Less stress^^

Immortan Jonesy

Just don't try to force it down everyone's throats that they're terrible films without any merit, it's a waste of time.

Is anyone doing that here?  :laugh: I mean, I've seen it on AVPGalaxy before, but I don't see anyone forcing people to dislike the prequels here.

BlueMarsalis79

Bull shite rumors imo, you can retcon them until your heart's content, but they will never ever in a million years stop treating them as part of the canon and the continuity.

Even when they announced Noah Hawley's Alien Series, they still banked on the recognition of Ridley Scott's name, apparently prematurely.

judge death

could be but knowing disney how they decanonise in star wars and other series they own, its not impossible, time will tell.

Mr.Turok

Wouldn't it be the same to just jamming his vison and interpretation down other people's throats even if you don't want it because reasons? That reasoning is very silly to be honest when you put it that way.

From how I see it, canon is supposed to be a unifying aspect that keeps the fandom together and collectively enjoy something together as a community. If the series keeps getting warped to something its no longer the core ideals or vision then why even bother going to cons, go on forums, or any other areas to fan about our favorite stories? In addition, its also just a strong foundation to build upon and to put investment in said fictional world. If its so radically different and fractured to the point that it might as well be a different franchise all together, they why bother being invested or enjoy a series at all? I mean, that's why one of the big reasons people got mad at Alein 3 for ruining that great build up of the overall story arch of Ripley, Newt, Hicks, and Bishop, right?  At this point, why not make xenomorphs that can talk, create civilizations, reproduce in the more human matter that we do, have normal jobs, and just end the series at that point cuz that's the new vision for it. This is what Alien is from now on. 

Again, its fine to have headcanons, but then if everything is headcanon, why even bother with it?

BlueMarsalis79

Disney mainly care about the general public who they will not risk confusing under any circumstances.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 07, 2021, 08:30:39 PM
Just don't try to force it down everyone's throats that they're terrible films without any merit, it's a waste of time.

Is anyone doing that here?  :laugh: I mean, I've seen it on AVPGalaxy before, but I don't see anyone forcing people to dislike the prequels here.

Agreed. Or our community would have done it to me for liking Alien vs Predator Requiem a long time ago.  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

And yet, I thought we hazed you on the regular for that, obviously not enough then! 😠

judge death

Well said turok, exactly what I said and fears and feel has happened as its different camps at the moment of what alien franchise is now.

BlueMarsalis79

As for Aliens that can talk, someone's not read the new books, it's already happening guys!

And even crazier people enjoy it!

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 07, 2021, 08:45:35 PM
Disney mainly care about the general public who they will not risk confusing under any circumstances.

Problem is that relaying on the general public is not exactly a stable source, meanwhile the fanbase is the hardcore loyalists that will always stick around. Not to mention that new fans will always be created when they are lured in with good stories. People can say what they want about the Marvel movies, but there are many people who got into the comics because of the films.

Also, even the general public has some form of understanding canon, like how fans, critics, and the general movie goers thought The Predator's angle of Predators seeking autism was a poor idea, when many remember the easy core idea of Predators was a space faring race that hunted the most dangerous beings that they can find. And a small kid with autism isn't that.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 07, 2021, 06:03:53 PM
At the end of the day, the previous stuff is always going to exist and nothing will change that or erase of the intentions that the filmmakers' held at the time while making them, because those intentions can be felt in every choice that went into making those films. I watch Alien and still take in the aura and mystery of the Space Jockey, even though I'm familiar with Prometheus' exploration of the Engineers. I can watch Aliens and still feel exhilarated as Ripley saves the day, even though I know that it was all for nothing in Alien 3. I still watch Alien 3 and become emotionally invested in Ripley's sacrifice to end the Alien once and for all, even though there are a million or so stories about Aliens running around post-Alien 3 that barely acknowledge Ripley's sacrifice.

Noah Hawley is going to capture his own vision of Alien. We just have to wait and see. It has always been like this and always will be. This is not a single filmmaker franchise. It's a Disney-owned sand box. It was never from a filmmaker in the past either. Each movie has its own tone, style, and designs. Even the prequels, since 21st century Ridley Scott is not the same artist / person as 43 years ago, nor is this the same world from decades ago.

We can be optimistic about the prequel elements, as they are clearly not being ignored. What is uncertain is David's conclusion. I want that. But I am also excited by Hawley's series. The cannon changes all the time. Does that mean I can't enjoy Alien, Prometheus, Covebant, etc? of course not.  :laugh:

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 07, 2021, 08:46:03 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 07, 2021, 08:30:39 PM

Agreed. Or our community would have done it to me for liking Alien vs Predator Requiem a long time ago.  :laugh:

Fair point  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: judge death on May 07, 2021, 08:38:10 PM
could be but knowing disney how they decanonise in star wars and other series they own, its not impossible, time will tell.

Disney isn't all willy nilly with decanonizing Star Wars like you keep making them out to be. They were very upfront, before they started publishing any new materials, that they would decanonize all of the pre-existing expanded universe books/comics/games and that they would retain the six films and TCW. And they didn't start publishing their own books/comics until AFTER they made that stance abundantly clear. Since then, they've stuck to their guns on that and they haven't decanonized any other material since. On the contrary, they've started actually plucking certain characters, events, locations, etc. from decanonized sources and started reintroducing versions of them into the canon.

With Alien, on the other hand, here Disney/20th already are publishing new comics under Marvel and keeping Titan's books going without so much as a word about decanonizing anything. You'd think that, if they were going to do something as drastic as pluck Prometheus and Covenant from the canon, they'd make that known to their writers before the comics start showing Hammerpedes and the books start using the pathogen and Neomorphs and referencing the disappearance of the Prometheus.

God, I've used the word "canon" so much in this post. :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed