Colonial Marines, not as great as everyone thinks they are

Started by brokentusk420, Apr 14, 2020, 06:30:35 AM

Author
Colonial Marines, not as great as everyone thinks they are (Read 8,766 times)

PsyKore

I think Oram is bull-headed. And he doesn't like when people challenge him. It's established really well when he won't even let his team mourn their loss at the start and then his wife has to talk to him to let it go. Granted, Daniels probably does overact during the argument. But Oram is still too stubborn.

Quote from: SM on Apr 30, 2020, 11:55:28 PM
QuoteWhen Charlie takes his helmet off, everyone is telling him not to, but he doesn't care and does it anyway.

Hardly anyone tells him not to take his helmet off.  Just Shaw and some rando on the ship.  Ford and David support his assertion that the air is safe to breathe and Fifield and Millburn don't object.

And there's no obvious consequences to taking the helmets off.

I know. But there's still a lack of discipline there which shows arrogance. Even if the air is breathable, you don't take the helmet off. I'm just saying there's similarities between the Marines and the Scientists in how they are portrayed.

SM

QuoteBut Oram is still too stubborn.

And eventually learns and laments his mistakes.

OpenMaw

Oram was right about the funeral, and the wake.

It can wait until the ship isn't badly damaged. They needed to do a full survey of the ships structure and make sure the damage wasn't more severe. After being buffetted and having fires and damage on board, sorry, but the funeral is not at the top of the list.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Oram knew that funeral was just going to be an excuse for a piss-up.

LastSonofKrypton

Oram was a silly goose

I have to say though, after rewatching Covenant, hats off to Billy Crudup, he did a great job with what he had to work with

JokersWarPig

Oram was stupid but he was also acted really well. The actual acting is one of the things I will  give Covenant credit for

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed