Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 27, 2020, 07:07:52 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Thread (Read 23,785 times)

molasar

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 29, 2020, 05:52:31 PM
The fact the Predator can just rage quit and cancel the match as soon as he loses is f**king stupid.

Nothing wrong with it. Do you want to send the police to force the player to play the match until one side wins?

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: molasar on Mar 29, 2020, 05:59:25 PM
The fact the Predator can just rage quit and cancel the match as soon as he loses is f**king stupid.

Nothing wrong with it. Do you want to send the police to force the player to play the match until one side wins?
Ah yes, nothing wrong with me not getting shit from the progression because someone is a sore loser and cancelled the match

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2020, 09:20:02 AM
Rightio, definitely going to be on from 5pm GMT tonight. Be nice to get a party confirmed and in place for it, looking for 3 players, leaving a slot open for RidgeTop around hopefully 7pm GMT. Anyone in? I'll be streaming this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you for all the feedback. We are reading it all. If you would like to have a place to post it please visit our forums here: <a href="https://t.co/I4D3aBBOzG">https://t.co/I4D3aBBOzG</a></p>— IllFonic (@IllFonic) <a href="https://twitter.com/IllFonic/status/1244093673090027520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I should be online at around 9:30pm GMT or so, if you're still around.

molasar

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 29, 2020, 06:10:05 PM
Ah yes, nothing wrong with me not getting shit from the progression because someone is a sore loser and cancelled the match

In this case you can create private matches with reliable players.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I already killed a Predator on my third match. I made another one run and almost beat it with a fireteam of just 2. Maybe its my impression but I think they need to buff the Predator.

Quote from: molasar on Mar 29, 2020, 05:59:25 PM

Quitting penalties. Extra xp for players who were on the match. Dead by Daylight got them. F13 never got any, I don't even blame Jason players for quitting, many players with high level perks could be quite unfair, at least last year Jason got the buff he deserved.

molasar

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 29, 2020, 07:05:53 PM
Quitting penalties.

It does not make sense because it is not a fighting game like Street Fighter with online ranking. But players should keep already acquired XP in the match if they did not quit.

bendinglight

Samhain13, I agree - the Predator is really weak - especially going against a full 4-member fireteam. The spear and net are very limited in range and when you stick together (as a fireteam), whenever the Predator gets close, it is pretty easy to take it down with all four concentrating fire upon it.

Unless the higher ranking folks are able to obtain more features for the Predator such as reduced damage sustained by the fireteam, it is pretty easy to kill the Predator.

ResolutionBlaze

Quote from: bendinglight on Mar 29, 2020, 08:05:58 PM
Samhain13, I agree - the Predator is really weak - especially going against a full 4-member fireteam. The spear and net are very limited in range and when you stick together (as a fireteam), whenever the Predator gets close, it is pretty easy to take it down with all four concentrating fire upon it.

Unless the higher ranking folks are able to obtain more features for the Predator such as reduced damage sustained by the fireteam, it is pretty easy to kill the Predator.

Isn't that the idea, though?

The Predator isn't a tank.  Its meant to pick them off, and snowball if possible.  It would feel really weird if the Predator could just tank hits like he had a starship for armor (Then again I guess that's what the Berserker class is going to be for).

I mean, if you're running into a position as the Predator where all four are open firing on you and landing hits, how is that the Predator's fault?  Shouldn't you play around that and try and do hit-and-run tactics?

Zaxxon62

Zaxxon62

The wait times in this game are horrific. :-[

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

My issues with the Predator is that the current ranged kit isn't great.

Shoulder cannon: It does decent damage but as players move towards support class to last longer it stops becoming as useful and there's no limit on how many supports there can be in a team.

Smart Disk: Limited range hampers usability and as players move towards stronger classes or remain in Assault it's not particularly viable.

Netgun: Limited Range and can be easily circumvented.

This also ties into how players are moving toward classes. Players really have no reason to go with anything other than Assault or Support. Support as it stands currently is not as fast as assault but you don't have to worry about breaking formation or being left behind because it's only slightly slower. It also has more health and gear which makes it a particularly viable build option. Support really has no reason not to be used by everyone especially since it can even tank the plasmacaster (I should know, I did it). It also has ammo reserves, so being able to hold more ammo against a Predator is great since they have to close the gap and people will lean towards DPS. The Mini-gun is especially viable and so when on low health among your companions you can drop three med packs and get back to full health and even drop ammo to do it all again.

My suggestion for support is to cut back it's movement speed further so that way it's easier to separate from a group, also that the same be done to Assault and cut back it's health so you have a good trade off, be faster, or take longer to kill.

I'd also prefer the med packs and ammo packs be one or the other on all classes because there's no reason I should be on the brink of death and be ready to go again while the Predator has to collect gear and consider if it's going to nuke the entire team for the Hell of it.

I would suggest for the Predator as well that the Plasmacaster had a lock-on to visible targets and or that the canon staggered enemies.

Samhain13

Anyone know if what we earn during the trial is going to carry over to the final game?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 29, 2020, 11:46:12 PM
Anyone know if what we earn during the trial is going to carry over to the final game?

It will not. I think Ilfonic brought it up on Twitter and I frankly wasn't expecting it anyways as I'm not familiar with many if any titles that have done this other than a small bonus denoting someone played it but I've never seen complete transitions.

molasar

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 29, 2020, 11:46:12 PM

https://twitter.com/IllFonic/status/1243946211696160768

bendinglight

ResolutionBlaze - I don't disagree and it could be I am not a great Predator :)

The ranged weapons comments I do feel take away from the ability of the Predator. The plasma cannon is all but useless since it gives away the position pretty quickly and doesn't have very good accuracy at any distance.

On the flip-side, there are some weapons that are super over-powered on the Fireteam side. The modernized M14 rifle (don't remember the name) is one such weapon.

I did notice in some matches that the fire button didn't respond in some situations - not sure if anyone experienced that before but it was annoying the few times it did happen.

Overall, I really like the game and was pretty skeptical coming into it since the Friday the 13th game was pretty bad, imo. Fixing some of the power imbalances would go a long way as well as some bugs (I.e., had a mission where the 'kill next enemy' direction was hung in the upper left corner of the screen.).

razeak

I've already seen some very excellent Predators. One cool tactic was a Predator knocked a Ayer out with melee, then leaped out without taking the trophy. I assume he did a 180 as he leaped, because as soon as he landed I saw the targeting laser on the player trying to revive the downed player. He took him out with the plasma caster then jumped back in with the spear and ganked me and the other guy lol. He then took his time collecting trophies.

Some of these guys it just feels like there is no chance of escape.

There are probably some balance issues, but capable players are showing mastery of the two sides. Strategy, strategy, strategy.

If you run into loads of grenade launchers, use the ground. The trees will get you murdered. You just can't let them see you go to ground. The cloak isn't going to cut it. You have to use tree trunks and buildings to block their view of you leaving the trees.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed