Flaws of Alien. Not joking

Started by Kradan, Apr 13, 2019, 06:16:31 AM

Author
Flaws of Alien. Not joking (Read 20,749 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2019, 01:38:19 AM
> Says it seems silly
> Lists good reasons it's there  :D

There are good reasons to have a scuttle procedure in place.

I'm brainstorming as hard as I can to find good reasons.

A self destruct option with Parker and Brett onboard? I don't know about that.  ;)

SiL

SiL

Bruh there's like a dozen steps, they're both far too lazy to go through that for nothing.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2019, 01:54:43 AM
Bruh there's like a dozen steps, they're both far too lazy to go through that for nothing.

Yeah, but it's all written down.

"I wanna talk about the bonus situation."

"Oh, would ya knock it off Parker"

"B*tch, I will blow your @$$ up"

"Right"

SiL

SiL

But then he couldn't go home and party.

SM

SM

And they'd have five minutes to reverse it once they realise they can't go home and party.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I imagine it'd be preferable to scuttle a freighter and its payload if it was malfunctioning and on a collision course with a planet or space station.

iain

iain

The part where the Alien is bouncing around outside the shuttle was prob my biggest flaw.

SM

SM

'Main in a suit' aside, I don't get the 'bouncing around' thing.  It hits the shuttle, 'bounces' once then locks its tail onto the engine and drags itself in - which I always though looked awesome.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: iain on Apr 22, 2019, 10:08:09 PM
The part where the Alien is bouncing around outside the shuttle was prob my biggest flaw.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SM on Apr 22, 2019, 10:13:34 PM
'Main in a suit' aside, I don't get the 'bouncing around' thing.  It hits the shuttle, 'bounces' once then locks its tail onto the engine and drags itself in - which I always though looked awesome.

Me too. I always dig the alien's shuttle exterior scenes - especially how gracefully it sweeps past the camera when it's blown away. Art.

The Old One

The Old One

It's laughable. Unfortunately.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 22, 2019, 10:17:42 PM
Quote from: iain on Apr 22, 2019, 10:08:09 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/rgBwKeJTlGg9O/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cbe3d504f43634f4d7bf9ec

It's freakin' Alien. Allowances will be made.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 22, 2019, 10:23:28 PM

It's freakin' Alien. Allowances will be made.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Agreed. The problem is there isn't any access inside the thruster for it to gain entry back into the shuttle. And it wasn't trying to hide, so what was it trying to accomplish?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Elmazalman on Apr 22, 2019, 10:43:29 PM
Agreed. The problem is there isn't any access inside the thruster for it to gain entry back into the shuttle. And it wasn't trying to hide, so what was it trying to accomplish?

To expend the crew.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed