Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 27, 2019, 05:44:31 PM

Author
Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series! (Read 79,344 times)

Voodoo Magic

True. And nothing is for certain before the Disney takeover unless production has already begun at that time.

The Old One

The Old One

Alien: The Amanda Ripley Chronicles 

BlazinBlueReview

Agreed regarding that expanded ending. Its very interesting how FOX went about this. They trying to impress us with Blackout and the comics. But then release this?

Yeah, it was a misstep. Really sad that its only 10 min episodes. If they were gonna do this, expand the episode count to 10 or 11. And show
Spoiler
THE HIVE
[close]
. It's not that hard.

I am interested to see if any new gamecuts could incorporate the new beginning and expanded ending.

Also what gamecuts the best for cinematic experience?

Vrastal

Watched the first epidode...is rhe animation this bad through the whole thing?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: steelio2006 on Mar 01, 2019, 02:58:46 AM
Also what gamecuts the best for cinematic experience?

IMO, if anything this Digital Series just reinforces the idea that Isolation isn't really intended to be a "cinematic" experience and is best served as an "interactive" one.

You'd have to start from scratch with all new animation (not game assets, but rather a proper animated feature) if you wanted to do something truly atmospheric with Isolation outside of simply playing the game yourself.

SiL

Quote from: Nazrel on Mar 01, 2019, 03:03:25 AM
Watched the first epidode...is rhe animation this bad through the whole thing?
Yes :(

acrediblesource

It is a big misrepresentation of the quality of the game. To me, whats more impressive is that they managed to previsualize what would be a polished 70 minute representation of the game cinematically. However with the lack of funding (my guess) they just couldn't do it. Leave it to IGN to take it as is.

GQSioux

I'm also bummed that Marlow turning off the Derelict beacon was omitted.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 01, 2019, 03:05:20 AM
IMO, if anything this Digital Series just reinforces the idea that Isolation isn't really intended to be a "cinematic" experience
and is best served as an "interactive" one.

You'd have to start from scratch with all new animation (not game assets, but rather a proper animated feature)
if you wanted to do something truly atmospheric with Isolation outside of simply playing the game yourself.

100%

Adaptation.
̶Tr̶a̶n̶s̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶

TC

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 27, 2019, 06:05:19 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 27, 2019, 06:02:10 PMBecause me thinks not all Alien fans play games.

Yeah, I saw a comment on Facebook suggesting that this is so people who haven't played/completed the game can get her backstory going forward, and that makes total sense.

Makes sense to me too.

So is this is the first step in developing the future of the Alien franchise P.R. (Post-Ridley™) ?

TC

XENOMORPHOSIS

Seems that the Alien fans have devided into seperate factors amoung what specific era of the Alien franchise they favour. Thriller, Action, Nihilism, Black Comedy, cheap B-Movie, Gore fest and phylosophical themes of creation.

The Haunted House in Space Terror of Alien by Ridley Scott.
The Visceral heart pounding Action of Aliens by James Cameron.

Even the subsequent sequels Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, while they have their share of critics and disappointed fan aslo have their defenders.

Worlds collide in the Action packed cross over Alien vs Predator films which also recieved its share of panning do have a devoted fan base.

And most recently the philosophical grandure aspired Alien Prequels which some consider profound others find propostrous over bloated and pretentious.

Seeing the devided response of late its clear that you can't please everybody. We the fans are devided, however we are united our love of good movies, story telling, characters and this world we love to revisit time and time again.

Gutter In Outer Space

I've gotta be honest: I'm stunned by this.

The lip syncing and lack of any lighting efforts is astounding -- hell, there's even texture pop-in! This isn't only amatuer animation for the parts that are stitched in (Amanda's model appears to be manipulated in SFM and inserted into the game), but just an amatuer release. To think this was officially sanctioned by Fox is on a level genuinely more unbelievable than AvPR. The mouth flaps from the other characters were never meant to hold up under close scrutiny, and Amanda's, which were added in, are just... well, the original Mass Effect had it better, and many of those operated on an interpretive basis.

I'm genuinely at a loss here. I know, they didn't need to give us this and so on, but I really wanted to believe there was some degree of quality control going into the franchise at this point. After this and the eye-searing 4K steelbook cover, and the embarassing tweets... I'm just not sure anybody at Fox really cares anymore. Kind of depressing, really.

The Old One

The Old One

TC

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 01, 2019, 12:19:01 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 01, 2019, 12:13:36 AM
Can we call this the assembly cut of Isolation?

Sh+t no. That actually fixed problems.

Technically, the film editor's "assembly" meant the very first version in the editing process where selected takes were put into story order, prior to any form of fine cutting (back in the days of actual celluloid, i.e. pre-digital). IOW at that stage the film was expected to play like crap.

So yeah. Let's call it the assembly cut of Isolation  :D

TC

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, the Alien³ (2010) Special Edition's the best version,
for the first two stick with Theatrical Versions... and Isolation: the PC Theatrical version. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed