Would you feel better if Newt and Hicks survived?

Started by Kradan, Feb 10, 2019, 08:15:19 AM

Would you feel better about this?

Yes
33 (45.8%)
No
39 (54.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Would you feel better if Newt and Hicks survived? (Read 32,145 times)

Still Collating...

I'll take your side on this. To me also, I can stomach A:CM's crazy story and execution a lot more then The Predator's one.

HuDaFuK

ACM's "story" might be the nadir of the franchise. Possibly even over Requiem.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2019, 09:13:04 PM

They're both a complete mess (ACM and The Predator), but I'd lean towards The Predator damaging its respective franchise more, on a conceptual level, since it's not only stupid but totally changes the entire point. ACM just shoehorns things in for nostalgia in ways that make no sense, but it doesn't negate its own premise.

Huggs

You mean The Predator?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 25, 2019, 11:55:18 PM
You mean The Predator?

Yes, post edited. I think I'm doing pretty well at posting through a severe fever though.

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 26, 2019, 12:10:38 AM
You mean The Predator?

Yes, post edited. I think I'm doing pretty well at posting through a severe fever though.

Sorry to hear you're sick. Feel better.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 26, 2019, 12:10:38 AM
You mean The Predator?

I hope you didn't get stabbed by a Morgul-blade.  :(

SM

I think if you're able to ignore the ridiculous premise, marines shooting Aliens on a crashing Sulaco is much more exciting than anything in Requiem.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Jul 26, 2019, 12:35:22 AM

I think if you're able to ignore the ridiculous premise, marines shooting Aliens on a crashing Sulaco is much more exciting than anything in Requiem.

Bingo. And I'd classify both as "pointless, confused, etc" while a lot seem to see them as actively insulting - which may imo have more to do with the idea of canon than (a lack of) quality.

razeak

ACM at least brought us 3 cool alien types. I like the design of the WY commandos.

[cancerblack]

Yeah, I really like the Mercs. That and (most of) the weapons are where ACM actually did good.

SM

I generally found the weapons pretty lame and just stick to the bog standard pulse rifle (with the little red light).

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Jul 26, 2019, 06:31:45 AM
I generally found the weapons pretty lame and just stick to the bog standard pulse rifle (with the little red light).

Aesthetically.

From memory i pretty much only ever used the pulse rifle and occasionally the smg.

SM

Yeah some of them looked okay - but you can't really see them while you're playing.

And there was some upgrade to the pulse rifle - that made it not sound like a pulse rifle anymore.  ???

JokersWarPig

The engine was a bit of a turd, but that art department at least cared about making things fit with what we had already seen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed