Would you feel better if Newt and Hicks survived?

Started by Kradan, Feb 10, 2019, 08:15:19 AM

Would you feel better about this?

Yes
33 (45.8%)
No
39 (54.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Would you feel better if Newt and Hicks survived? (Read 32,135 times)

Samhain13

It would make Cameron feel better. Fincher probably not.

Local Trouble

I doubt Fincher would give a shit.  He just filmed the script that was foisted upon him by Fox.

SM

Take after take after take after take...

The Old One

The Old One

lol, I ain't doin' it anymore.

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 25, 2019, 01:00:32 AM
I doubt Fincher would give a shit.  He just filmed the script that was foisted upon him by Fox.

Maybe its another thing Fincher hated doing on Alien 3.

The Old One

The Old One

Alone David Fincher's knowledge.

Samhain13

Another reason to get him for a podcast.

Huggs

And another film.

Local Trouble

With a decent script.

The Old One

The Old One

*A good script.
(Relatively)

Local Trouble

This franchise doesn't film good scripts anymore.  They have to be rewritten until they're, at best, merely decent.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, personally it's my belief that we got is; great script, great script, decent script,
awful (AR), awful (AVP), awful (AVPR), half-decent and half-decent.

Law of averages suggests: the next'll be good.  ;D
Spoiler
Please.
[close]

Russ

I wouldn't have minded if one or both had been killed on camera. That's what sticks in my craw about the whole thing.

I've always thought it's a bit like the next Superman movie opening with Batman saying to Superman "It's shit that Lois died the other day, man..."

I just think it was wrong that they were offed cos reasons... That I don't like it doesn't change it (only in a retcon!).

If they had both survived the movie and Ripley still makes her sacrifice - I'd have liked that too. It'd still be pretty bleak but at least with some sense of hope at the end?

Though, I do get that 3 was the nastiest and most nihilistic of all of them and that's not to be degenerated - it's a horrid universe. But both Alien and Aliens end "happily..." I think 3 could have had both if, as I say, they off Rippers, but Newt and Hicks survive.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 25, 2019, 01:57:00 AM
Yeah, personally it's my belief that we got is; great script, great script, decent script,
awful (AR), awful (AVP), awful (AVPR), half-decent and half-decent.

Law of averages suggests: the next'll be good.  ;D
Spoiler
Please.
[close]

Local Trouble

Quote from: Russ on Mar 26, 2019, 11:32:52 AM
Though, I do get that 3 was the nastiest and most nihilistic of all of them and that's not to be degenerated - it's a horrid universe. But both Alien and Aliens end "happily..." I think 3 could have had both if, as I say, they off Rippers, but Newt and Hicks survive.

Would it make her sacrifice more meaningful?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed