The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 68,624 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Funny, that's seldom ever mentioned when his name is invoked.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

War of the Ring is a legitimately great game, too bad I find the setting dull as dishwater compared to the more zany whfb/aos settings.

WY-0311

WY-0311

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 26, 2019, 12:11:32 AM
War of the Ring is a legitimately great game, too bad I find the setting dull as dishwater compared to the more zany whfb/aos settings.

Yeah StarGate SG-Sigma is pretty wild.

I find LOTR dull too, but I LOVE the Last Alliance warriors box, the concept of being able to collect 2 armies like that is just very cool to me and the plot is straight forward enough, just infantry smashing in to each other and some heroes... awesome

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Would the Game of Thrones showrunners be mean enough for a 40k series?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No idea, i can't sit through it long enough to get to any violence.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's pretty savage, even for HBO.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

So I've heard. They seem to be mean enough in the sense of being prepared to brutalize or kill beloved characters for 40k, but GoT is much more Heresy era than m41 I'd assume. All the intrigue goes there, 40k is just guys hitting eachother forever.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Even on Holy Terra?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

If you make a 40k show and focus it on politics instead of unrelenting frontline warfare, you've f**ked up really badly somewhere. HH is where that stuff belongs. One of many reasons 40k suits vignettes/anthologies rather than long-form when it comes to any cinematic representation - done "right" it'd become exhausting and off-putting fast, and done "wrong" it may as well be any other sci-fi action.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You seem to know a lot about 40k.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

A misspent youth plus an inherently opinionated nature.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Shouldn't you be painting?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Too busy preventing peoples' torsos from unzipping.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That sounds grim.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah it's earning me a few extra grey hairs. Of course I have a fairly prominent white stripe by now, since there's no rest for the wicked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed