Jenette Vasquez's Personal Life Is None Of Your Business

Started by Local Trouble, Dec 07, 2018, 10:23:33 PM

Author
Jenette Vasquez's Personal Life Is None Of Your Business (Read 4,699 times)

Local Trouble

SM

Lasted 28 seconds.

Fans have not spent years arguing if she's gay.

Local Trouble

Maybe it's a Pom thing?

whiterabbit

Maybe he mistook Hudson's question of "has she ever been mistaken for a man" as an invasion of privacy.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Dec 07, 2018, 11:16:01 PM
Lasted 28 seconds.

Maybe he's from the future, and he's fulfilling a time-loop by putting the trend in motion.

Fleshwound

I never really considered whether she was gay or not. Or bisexual for that matter. Whatever she prefers isn't important to me. Though I can definitely see why lesbians would see her as an icon.

The Cruentus

It has happened before, some characters becoming icons for a community/cause that it either has nothing to do with/ references, or at least only very minorly.
That being said, I can see why some would think that, if only because of the stereotypes that they are thinking of.
Regardless, I don't think it matters really, as who she prefers hardly changes her character and what she does in the movie. Vasquez was bada** and cool that's that.

Nitpick though: The guy thinks Predaliens get stronger, which was only a game mechinc in one game, doubtful that ability is canonical, or even the game itself.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 08, 2018, 08:44:34 PM
Nitpick though: The guy thinks Predaliens get stronger, which was only a game mechinc in one game, doubtful that ability is canonical, or even the game itself.
Personally I've got no problem with it (or the game's ideas as a whole). If he wants to include it, more power to him.

Local Trouble

Shouldn't someone tell him the games aren't canon?

SiL

Lasted 28 seconds.

The next ... minute or so is him going on about Goldstein's bra business (no shit), and then he says that Cameron named Vasquez 'Janette' because Goldstein embodied the character so well, not because, y'know, f**king all of the marines share their actor's first name except Hicks...

whiterabbit

So when do we launch the counter offensive to quell this bullshit? Where's the Corporal? I think he needs to be upgraded to Sergeant and lead our squad of ultimate badasses to squash these unfounded rumors. The site could use a little fire.

SiL

We could start a "Rumour Control" YouTube series :p

I'd love to get some 'editorial' copies of the films (cough) to do some stuff with.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 08, 2018, 11:49:10 PM
Shouldn't someone tell him the games aren't canon?
[Narrator voice] Little did forums user Local Trouble know, games are canon. [/Narrator Voice]

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 09, 2018, 12:15:54 AM
So when do we launch the counter offensive to quell this bullshit? Where's the Corporal? I think he needs to be upgraded to Sergeant and lead our squad of ultimate badasses to squash these unfounded rumors. The site could use a little fire.
I got a bad feeling about this drop.

SM

Quote from: SiL on Dec 08, 2018, 11:55:46 PM
Lasted 28 seconds.

The next ... minute or so is him going on about Goldstein's bra business (no shit), and then he says that Cameron named Vasquez 'Janette' because Goldstein embodied the character so well, not because, y'know, f**king all of the marines share their actor's first name except Hicks...

Yeah Cameron didn't name any of the marines other than Hicks.  The set dressers didn't get the memo and put 'J Hicks' on his locker though.

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed