*SPOILERS* Plotholes and inconsistencies galore .... help!

Started by mvm199, Sep 16, 2018, 11:27:55 AM

Author
*SPOILERS* Plotholes and inconsistencies galore .... help! (Read 971 times)

mvm199

Hi all, I literally joined to post this, I know it is lame but I need your help if you can answer some of these questions the movie left me with. More questions than answers! So here we go:

Why did the fugitive predator attack and kill everyone if he was trying to help us? Couldnt he use a translator like the upgraded did? Why all that commotion and violence if he just wanted to give us the iron man suit and be cute cuddly BFFs?

Aspergers and autism the next level in human evolution? Really? Nothing against mental illnesses but wtf .... the kid immediately learns a language and tech that it would probably take a young predator itself a while to learn. He automatically knows how to pilot spaceships and which buttons to press and how to use all the tech etc

How did the invisibility device end up in multiple hands during the end scene and how do they know how to use it so quickly? You'd think the predators would make their tech hard to use for other species? Naaaaah

What was that small device mckenna found in the beginning, the cloak itself? And why does the kid detach a small piece of metal from the gauntlet and thats what the predator wants, not the whole gauntlet itself?

Why does the predator needs its own helm and gauntlet but then is comfortably fully decked in various other predators' parts?

Where did they get the RV, the helicopter, the electron microscope so quick?!?!?

How come its a huge coincidence that his kid happens to find the mask on halloween and mckenna is passing by a few hundred metres exactly when his helm activates the plasma gun? Btw since when are plasmacasters part of a biomask? It sure seemed so.

How does olivia munn turn into a super friggin athlete special forces weapons and explosives expert in no time?

Why did the guy jump on the flaming predator for no apparent reason?

How did taggart die?

Predators have spaceships and forcefields and energy weapons but cannot heat up their own planet? Really? They will invade because global warming? Lazy writing at its best. And how does that factor into the civil war and the rogue bad blood scientist caste predator clans and their super berserker predators and hybrid upgrades? Both parties will befriend each other during the invasion and then continue their war on earth? Surely there must be many other hot planets a spacefaring race for 1000s of years like the predators could otherwise find or already stumbled upon? Maybe even an uninhabited one.

How did the upgrade / mega / super / ultimate predator lose its exoskeleton / invisibilty / bullet immunity at the end? Was it the fire from the grenade launcher or was it the river he landed in? All of a sudden mckenna shot him with a PISTOL and he started bleeding while a barrage of machineguns and assault rifles before did nothing. Was this explained? And how did olivia munn catch up to them so quickly after being left miles behind? How did she happen to exactly position the upgrade under the spaceships gun? (whats even more retarded is that the kid knew exactly which button to press and it was exactly where he landed once going down that chute, and he knew it was there. Also, the gun and panels were operational after the crash and it happened to be pointed at the predator, who was conveniently also positioned there.) And then mckenna knows how to use the speargun (is it?) in a jiffy. Wow, just wow.

How did the dog become friendly? And how did he swallow a grenade and then regurgitate it so quick and just at the right moment olivia munn needed it? Oh right this is a comedy after all .... its such a massive stinking pile of steamy poo poo, I am very sad :(

SiL

Quote from: mvm199 on Sep 16, 2018, 11:27:55 AM
Why did the fugitive predator attack and kill everyone if he was trying to help us? Couldnt he use a translator like the upgraded did? Why all that commotion and violence if he just wanted to give us the iron man suit and be cute cuddly BFFs?
Because the script changed during reshoots, which really screwed with what he was doing and why.

QuoteAspergers and autism the next level in human evolution? Really? Nothing against mental illnesses but wtf .... the kid immediately learns a language and tech that it would probably take a young predator itself a while to learn. He automatically knows how to pilot spaceships and which buttons to press and how to use all the tech etc
Shane Black's very, very misguided attempt to make people with developmental conditions seem valuable and important to society (his words, more or less), but not in a way that actually addresses what might actually make them valuable in reality.

QuoteHow did the invisibility device end up in multiple hands during the end scene and how do they know how to use it so quickly? You'd think the predators would make their tech hard to use for other species? Naaaaah
It appears to be a single button on the ball.

QuoteWhat was that small device mckenna found in the beginning, the cloak itself? And why does the kid detach a small piece of metal from the gauntlet and thats what the predator wants, not the whole gauntlet itself?
Yeah, that's the cloak. The small piece is the control module for the crashed ship off the top of my head.

QuoteWhy does the predator needs its own helm and gauntlet but then is comfortably fully decked in various other predators' parts?
He wants his shit back because of the control piece. The rest is pretty incidental.

QuoteWhere did they get the RV, the helicopter, the electron microscope so quick?!?!?
Plot convenience.

QuoteHow come its a huge coincidence that his kid happens to find the mask on halloween and mckenna is passing by a few hundred metres exactly when his helm activates the plasma gun? Btw since when are plasmacasters part of a biomask? It sure seemed so.
Plot convenience, new tech.

QuoteHow does olivia munn turn into a super friggin athlete special forces weapons and explosives expert in no time?
Bad writing.

QuoteWhy did the guy jump on the flaming predator for no apparent reason?
To stab it in the face and try to kill it.

QuoteHow did taggart die?
Blew his own head off with the shoulder cannon.

QuotePredators have spaceships and forcefields and energy weapons but cannot heat up their own planet? Really? They will invade because global warming? Lazy writing at its best. And how does that factor into the civil war and the rogue bad blood scientist caste predator clans and their super berserker predators and hybrid upgrades? Both parties will befriend each other during the invasion and then continue their war on earth? Surely there must be many other hot planets a spacefaring race for 1000s of years like the predators could otherwise find or already stumbled upon? Maybe even an uninhabited one.
Reshoots f**ked up the plot.

QuoteHow did the upgrade / mega / super / ultimate predator lose its exoskeleton / invisibilty / bullet immunity at the end? Was it the fire from the grenade launcher or was it the river he landed in? All of a sudden mckenna shot him with a PISTOL and he started bleeding while a barrage of machineguns and assault rifles before did nothing. Was this explained? And how did olivia munn catch up to them so quickly after being left miles behind? How did she happen to exactly position the upgrade under the spaceships gun? (whats even more retarded is that the kid knew exactly which button to press and it was exactly where he landed once going down that chute, and he knew it was there. Also, the gun and panels were operational after the crash and it happened to be pointed at the predator, who was conveniently also positioned there.) And then mckenna knows how to use the speargun (is it?) in a jiffy. Wow, just wow.
He got blown the f**k up and that made his armour go away? I guess.

QuoteHow did the dog become friendly? And how did he swallow a grenade and then regurgitate it so quick and just at the right moment olivia munn needed it? Oh right this is a comedy after all .... its such a massive stinking pile of steamy poo poo, I am very sad :(
It got lobotomized by the bullet, and again, plot convenience.

whiterabbit

Shit. Sil didn't even leave us any bodies to answer for.

Jigsaw85

Why did Traeger want Munn to die? She was chasing the predator because she didn't want him to escape. they say it's because she stole the spinal fluid,  but she obviously didn't do that on purpose.

What happened to the gauntlet device? Mckeena gave it back to Fugitive and then Upgrade pulled him through the window. shouldn't Traeger have found it on his body? wouldn't the Upgrade want that in order to find the ship?

Marc505

I know the majority of trailers had scenes that weren't in the movie but one part I'm interested to know was actually from a still we saw weeks ago, that superb one of the cloaked Predator in what looked like a town alleyway at night.

Any idea where that went? Looked brilliant I thought.

Fleshwound

With the changes made to this movie it probably got completely removed along with the original story they had. It reminds me of Rogue One where they had a lot of cut material from so much reshooting and story changes during the production yet some of that stuff ended up in the trailer.

Nathsp

The pred wants to bargain at some point, why? I suposse its because the plot change in favour of the shitty armour.
Who eddited the final version of this? A chimpanzee?

roc84

Traeger putting on his sunglasses to enter the ship, only to take them off immediately. I'm guessing because of the day/night shift with the re-shoots, oddly this kinda fit his character and the tone of the movie.

bobcunk

Quote from: Marc505 on Sep 16, 2018, 06:52:15 PM
I know the majority of trailers had scenes that weren't in the movie but one part I'm interested to know was actually from a still we saw weeks ago, that superb one of the cloaked Predator in what looked like a town alleyway at night.

what picture is that? I dont think iv seen it.

Marc505

Marc505

Quote from: bobcunk on Sep 16, 2018, 09:29:04 PM
Quote from: Marc505 on Sep 16, 2018, 06:52:15 PM

what picture is that? I dont think iv seen it.

Been trying to find it but it must be buried in the social media thread. I'll keep looking.

* Found it, page 113 of the social media thread

Firestorm

How coincidental that fugitives pod lands smack
Bang on McKenna during a mission in the middle of nowhere,  instead of anywhere else on the planet, and he seems to live just a short a short drive (practically in the neighbourhood) from where the creature ends up getting taken, this is further confirmed by the fact the assassin landed his ship near Stargazer and travelled to Mckennas house on foot within minutes.

Dannyboy

How convenient is it that we don't exactly see how traeger and his men get ahold of fugitive so easily.... I mean he wasn't all they way knocked out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed