The *SPOILER* discussion thread, ending SPOILERS ahoy.

Started by The Shuriken, Sep 09, 2018, 09:44:56 PM

Author
The *SPOILER* discussion thread, ending SPOILERS ahoy. (Read 33,478 times)

The Shuriken

So let's talk about it. The Predator made power nano suit. What are your thoughts on this addition to the lore? The implications, etc.

I'm not quite sure where I stand on it honestly. I mean the idea sounds neat, but knowing it's been added just left feeling odd. I always wanted a full body armored Predator, but this might be a bit much.

I don't doubt the Predator species could create it, but is it a necessary addition to their arsenal?

Also, Coporal Hicks, what exactly did it look like? Colors and what not. You had said it had dreads with it, doe the shape of the head look like a Predator biomask?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Just me, but I'm more a fan of the symbiotic suit concept, like the one of Guyver anime.

Anyway, I have an open mind in relation to the nano suit  :P

Ultramorph

I'm fine with it, honestly. It will make a cool NECA figure and if the films never touch it again, I'm sure the comics will do something fun with it. Predator: Hunters III, maybe?

The Shuriken

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Sep 09, 2018, 10:05:56 PM
Just me, but I'm more a fan of the symbiotic suit concept, like the one of Guyver anime.

https://i.imgur.com/QFr6bza.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iY3oMQx.gif

Anyway, I have an open mind in relation to the nano suit  :P

I see that you too are a man of culture. Guyver is f**king awesome.

Anyway, why in the world didn't the Fugitive Predator equip this armored suit to fight the Upgrade?

Wysps

Because I believe the implication is that the suit is designed for human use, not Predator. A la Iron Man.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I think it's a terrible idea, to me it doesn't fit at all within the predator lore that I have seen through all the movies/books/games both in it's appearance/technology and its purpose. It's not as damaging as David making the alien, but seem like the franchises are on a competition to screw the creatures up. This movie seemed too desperate to make something new that it added too many controversial concepts, good that some of it was cut but things still didn't went well.

I hope this thing is never seen again in any future sequels, if any happen at all. And I hope someone make a fanedit without it.  :P

And since this is a spoiler thread... how was the ending in the leaked script? I end up not even reading that, after a few spoilers I had already lost all motivation.

Xan21

It might be difficult to change the ending if the effects are unfinished in the alternate ending (if they even put it on the bluray) but I will do it if it's possible.

The Shuriken

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 09, 2018, 10:21:21 PM
Because I believe the implication is that the suit is designed for human use, not Predator. A la Iron Man.

See now that just seems so weird. A suit specifically for us? Their prey, the inferior to them even without upgrades, prey...

Samhain13

Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 09, 2018, 11:00:49 PM
See now that just seems so weird. A suit specifically for us? Their prey, the inferior to them even without upgrades, prey...

It's implied to help us have chance to fight back. I can understand the Predator's desire for a greater challenge, they are making the prey stronger but then again, that would contradict with how their genetic upgrades make hunting humans easier.

I think Hicks said the whole thing isn't explained so well in the movie.

Ultramorph

Haven't read the leaked script. What was originally in the pod, the weird spider hybrids?

Xenomorphine

It had better have some kind of incredibly destructive ranged weaponry, 'Iron Giant'-style. Because if all it can do is enable greater physical strength, that's ridiculous.

Samhain13

If some predators really want to wipe out humanity they can just blow us out from the orbit, use their ships instead of upgrading themselves, no suit will stop that plasma bombing.

Dannyboy

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 09, 2018, 11:52:21 PM
If some predators really want to wipe out humanity they can just blow us out from the orbit, use their ships instead of upgrading themselves, no suit will stop that plasma bombing.

Yes , they could. It's implied that they want to invade our planet due to global warming. So blowing it up wouldn't help their cause.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Dannyboy on Sep 10, 2018, 12:05:58 AM
Yes , they could. It's implied that they want to invade our planet due to global warming.

Wat. Global f**king warming? Wait on our planet or theirs? They want to invade our planet because its getting hotter and they like the heat? That's f**king hilarious. Or global warming is screwing their homeplanet? Or they want to save Earth from humans increasing global warming by killing us? How thoughtful of them.

Either way it's stupid and completely non-predator like. What a complete mess. I suppose by "they" it means a small faction that the upgrade is part of it. It's still dumb as hell. If only they had upgraded their brains.

Ultramorph

Obviously haven't seen it, but from what I've heard the climate change angle is played along the lines of "humans are an endangered species, they just don't know it yet."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed