The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 86,260 times)

Dammit. :-) The screening should be done around this time. Hopefully Corporal Hicks will let us know very soon!

Lionhart

Hicks, don't forget to give us your ranking after seeing this movie.

Predator
Predator 2
The Predator
Predators
Avp
Avpr

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: 343 on Sep 06, 2018, 01:45:54 PM
Dammit. :-) The screening should be done around this time. Hopefully Corporal Hicks will let us know very soon!

If he's under N.D.A, he will tell you as much as me :-)

azamultic

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 06, 2018, 02:32:11 PM
Quote from: 343 on Sep 06, 2018, 01:45:54 PM

If he's under N.D.A, he will tell you as much as me :-)

yehh, but at least if he likes it we would have 2 people on the Forum who saw it and liked it  ;D

Yeah, don't expect to hear spoilers or details. Just want his opinion about the quality of the movie. You (SyntaX) gave it an 8 out of 10.
Now i would like to hear his rating. :-)

Yautja_Warrior

Good to see a really positive review. Sounds like another good Shane Black movie with bad trailers (although the last one was much better) if it's really as good as SyntaX is saying, I'm hyped now.

The Saint

Hope this one has good rewatch value...which predators(2010) lacked!

germanator2

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM
Well ... you guys are in for a treat  ;D

It's nowhere near Predator (honestly, what can top that one) .. but it's a MUCH better than Predator 2 and Predators. Some great humor, some really gory bits and some suprises spread out in the movie that will certainly catch the attention of those who are "invested" in this franchise.

My rating? 8/10

Unfortunatly, I have to wait till everyone else untill this thing hits cinema's again. Strange thing is ... I apparently saw an "assembly" cut of the movie. Studio's are screening the movies to critics and they will pick out the version which gets the most praise. Effects, music etc. was all done btw ...

EDIT
I'd love to answer the questions fired at me in this topic ... but I CAN NOT (and will not) go into detail regarding this movie. You can ask me anything you'd like after september 8th due to my NDA.
How were the performances in terms of any standouts, compared to Predator which basically every character had their own standout moment?

Xan21

Xan21

Much better than Predator 2 yeah right... seriously doubt that. The designs alone look nowhere near as good.

Corporal Hicks

Urgh. I've only just got home. Journey usually takes me 2 hours. Took me 5 today. So I'm in a pretty foul mood. I've gotta start working on my actual review.

I'm under NDA but I will say (and this is all until tomorrow) is that I really really enjoyed. I was actually crying with laughter at one point. However, there were 2 big things I didn't like.

MudButt

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 06, 2018, 07:20:45 PM
Urgh. I've only just got home. Journey usually takes me 2 hours. Took me 5 today. So I'm in a pretty foul mood. I've gotta start working on my actual review.

I'm under NDA but I will say (and this is all until tomorrow) is that I really really enjoyed. I was actually crying with laughter at one point. However, there were 2 things I didn't like.

Good to hear. Really excited for the reviews to start coming through tomorrow. Early buzz is pointing towards positive.

Hollywood

I'm under NDA but I will say (and this is all until tomorrow) is that I really really enjoyed. I was actually crying with laughter at one point. However, there were 2 things I didn't like.

Glad you really enjoyed it overall! Looking forward to your review.

I'm under NDA but I will say (and this is all until tomorrow) is that I really really enjoyed. I was actually crying with laughter at one point. However, there were 2 big things I didn't like.
On a scale from 1 (worst) to 10 (best)...what point do you give the movie, CH?

Corporal Hicks

I'm not going to say anything more as I'm still seething. Need to calm down, get some grub in me and think on the film. All will be explained tomorrow.

But keep an eye on the socials. Hopefully RidgeTop gets some good stuff from the red carpet.

Xerxész

However, there were 2 big things I didn't like.

These 2 things were in the leaked script also or were they new elements?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed