The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 86,630 times)

Firestorm

Cheers for managing to come on and share something, hopefully when you say two big things you didn't like you aren't referring to the two main creatures (it's ok to dislike the dogs though) 😃

MudButt

Don't let the long travel ruin your review Hicks!  :laugh:

In all seriousness, 5 hour travel sounds awful. At least you got to see the film early. You did the site a service, sir.

Wweyland

Can't wait for the review. About the sex offender thing - the movie doesn't seem to catch a break.

Nathsp

Nathsp

I will be happy if its not covenant level, that movie gave me mental diahrrea

D88M

D88M

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM
Well ... you guys are in for a treat  ;D

It's nowhere near Predator (honestly, what can top that one) .. but it's a MUCH better than Predator 2 and Predators. Some great humor, some really gory bits and some suprises spread out in the movie that will certainly catch the attention of those who are "invested" in this franchise.

My rating? 8/10

Unfortunatly, I have to wait till everyone else untill this thing hits cinema's again. Strange thing is ... I apparently saw an "assembly" cut of the movie. Studio's are screening the movies to critics and they will pick out the version which gets the most praise. Effects, music etc. was all done btw ...

Better than Predator 2? I find that hard to believe honestly, everything i saw so far looked and sounded worse, but we will see.

Glad to hear there are surprises because i feel like we saw the whole movie alread, and gore, we dont get mainstream gory movies anymore. Not a fan of the "witty quips"/humor of Shane thought.

That "lets screen several versions and the one that liked more is the one released" attitude by suit people is something that i hate, they should stick to just do a good movie and release it. Doing the screenings is what gave us Suicide Squad by example.

Thanks for your comment, i will be waiting for your full review :D

Nathsp

Nathsp

Its hard to believe for me that this is gonna be better than pred 2, the design itself, city hunter design is miles away for the generic designs this movie has.
And the final elder scene is epic, i doubt a cgi 10 feet generic modern monster can beat that..

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 06, 2018, 10:59:06 PM
Its hard to believe for me that this is gonna be better than pred 2, the design itself, city hunter design is miles away for the generic designs this movie has.
And the final elder scene is epic, i doubt a cgi 10 feet generic modern monster can beat that..

It's all subjective though. Not everyone loves Predator 2, some will like The Predator more, some won't. I enjoy P2 but it's not great and The Predator could be better or at least more fun to rewatch over time.

Personally I like the designs of the Predator's in all the movies. I think the Fugitive looks great with a cool mask and armor design, far from generic and even the upgrade looks decent.

PredBabe

Quote from: MudButt on Sep 06, 2018, 07:42:05 PM
At least you got to see the film early. You did the site a service, sir.

I would have gladly filled in that spot for him... just sayinnn.  ;)

Ash 937

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 06, 2018, 10:59:06 PM

Nothin beats Pred 2.

MudButt

Premiere starts in a bit more than 30 minutes. Reactions will be online in a little over two hours most likely! So excited.

von

von

MudButt

Leaning towards positive so far. General consensus seems to be that it's a good time but perhaps a bit silly.

MudButt

Looks like the 3rd act might not work as well as they had hoped with the reshoots.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed