I thought removing the wrist bracelet(gauntlet) kills the Predator

Started by germanator2, Jun 27, 2018, 02:06:27 AM

Author
I thought removing the wrist bracelet(gauntlet) kills the Predator (Read 5,789 times)

BigDaddyJohn

But jungle hunter could've probably killed him with a few punches though... I mean a human being can even kill someone with powerful punches, i'm sticking with our dreaded friend holding back a little !

Samhain13

Samhain13

Dutch hasn't the average human being, I'm sure his muscle mass shielded his insides a little, as far as the punches to the head, Arnie got a hard head but he got some brain injuries I guess, in the P2 novel it says he run off from the hospital and disappeared, in those comics with his brother he is also missing, maybe he went a little crazy with those concussions. It was like a grown man fighting a teenager girl, there is still a chance of survival.

But remember that this was the first predator apperance we had no idea how strong they were, it was only later on, mostly in the EU, that they started to get super strenght, like ripping off people's limbs, breaking people in half, crushing heads with their bare hands, in the first movie they weren't suppose to be that strong.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 29, 2018, 01:21:43 PM
Dutch hasn't the average human being, I'm sure his muscle mass shielded his insides a little, as far as the punches to the head, Arnie got a hard head but he got some brain injuries I guess, in the P2 novel it says he run off from the hospital and disappeared, in those comics with his brother he is also missing, maybe he went a little crazy with those concussions. It was like a grown man fighting a teenager girl, there is still a chance of survival.

But remember that this was the first predator apperance we had no idea how strong they were, it was only later on, mostly in the EU, that they started to get super strenght, like ripping off people's limbs, breaking people in half, crushing heads with their bare hands, in the first movie they weren't suppose to be that strong.

But i put two examples of superhuman strength showed in the first movie though, removing a big tree log with brute force while being mortally wounded and lifting a 220 pounds man with one hand. No human being would be able to do that, with the exception of a few strongmen maybe, i'm not even sure.

And i would like to add that almost every human is sensitive to head blows, a bigger frame and a muscular body doesn't protect you at all in this regard.

OpenMaw

Predator removes a human spinal cord like it's no thing... With his bare hands.

Yeah, lifting and holding Dutch like it's no big deal, also all the bodies he strung up.

Tough SOB.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 29, 2018, 02:29:32 AM
Predators are pretty much crazy dogmatic psychopaths, that seem like something they could do to themselves, because they are insane. Not everything they do makes perfect sense.

Still more believable than having predators do dna splicing. That sure will decrease the challenge in their sport.

Insane? I don't think so.

Jungle Hunter never seemed insane. City Hunter was reckless in his game, but he still doesn't come off as insane. Elder didn't seem out of touch.

PredBabe

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 29, 2018, 12:16:34 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 01:47:20 AM
Yes but throughout the fight he has his wrist blades retracted as though they are insignificant, just like the plasma canon he tossed in the water, to beating his opponent. He only busts the blades out to deliver a final blow.

I just don't think the gauntlet is that detrimental that they graph it to their skin.

I wonder how dutch sustained all this  damage without dying though... I mean it's an extraterrestrial of superhuman strength doing the beating ! We saw him being able to lift a 220 pounds man with one hand, and overthrow a tree log that must have been reaaaally heavy while mortally wounded ! He must have severely hold his punches back ! Even though it sent dutch flying around lol.

I'd imagine that Dutch would have at least had his teeth knocked out as well as a few broken ribs judging from that beat down he took. The Predator was definitely holding back though he wanted to have some fun as well as probably see what Dutch could/couldn't do against him.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 11:20:00 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 29, 2018, 12:16:34 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 01:47:20 AM
Yes but throughout the fight he has his wrist blades retracted as though they are insignificant, just like the plasma canon he tossed in the water, to beating his opponent. He only busts the blades out to deliver a final blow.

I just don't think the gauntlet is that detrimental that they graph it to their skin.

I wonder how dutch sustained all this  damage without dying though... I mean it's an extraterrestrial of superhuman strength doing the beating ! We saw him being able to lift a 220 pounds man with one hand, and overthrow a tree log that must have been reaaaally heavy while mortally wounded ! He must have severely hold his punches back ! Even though it sent dutch flying around lol.

I'd imagine that Dutch would have at least had his teeth knocked out as well as a few broken ribs judging from that beat down he took. The Predator was definitely holding back though he wanted to have some fun as well as probably see what Dutch could/couldn't do against him.

Exactly ! I always tried to catch a glimpse of a missing tooth out of Dutch's mouth, but never succeeded lol. At the end you clearly see him standing quietly, hands on his hips after the explosion when the chopper arrives, like he only got some bruises. I know he is Arnold, but i would've been laying on the floor in foetal position after being battered like that  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 11:20:00 PM
The Predator was definitely holding back though he wanted to have some fun as well as probably see what Dutch could/couldn't do against him.

He was definitely toying with him. Dutch had caused him quite a bit of trouble and even drawn blood. Predator was gonna make it hurt, and make him run before he finished it. Had Dutch not dropped that log on him when he did, ol' Arnie would've been hanging on the wall come suppertime.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 29, 2018, 11:29:02 PM
I know he is Arnold, but i would've been laying on the floor in foetal position after being battered like that  :laugh:

He was still coming down off of a wicked combat high. And yeah, it's Arnold.

We're lucky he didn't walk back into the woods, grab what was left of Predator's arms and legs and start beating them against rocks and tree stumps while screaming " I'll kill you some mooowah! "

PredBabe

I'd probably break my hand/fist if I had tried hitting him the way Dutch did in the beginning... that would have me on the ground alone.  Fight over :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 11:41:57 PM
I'd probably break my hand/fist if I had tried hitting him the way Dutch did in the beginning... that would have me on the ground alone.  Fight over :laugh:

:laugh:

Damn now that you mention it, i remember Dutch made jungle hunter's head turn with that punch  :laugh: Kudos to him, that's not a small achievement in all honesty !

Huggs

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 30, 2018, 12:14:37 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 11:41:57 PM

:laugh:

Damn now that you mention it, i remember Dutch made jungle hunter's head turn with that punch  :laugh: Kudos to him, that's not a small achievement in all honesty !

But now we know it's possible that there was love behind it. There's unseen motivations there I tell you.

PredBabe

Anytime did look a little upset when he punched him, sniffling and such. But like any strong woman would do, he put his hand on his hip and sent Dutch flying.

BigDaddyJohn

Hahahahahha you two are killing me !

OpenMaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 30, 2018, 01:21:24 AM
Hahahahahha you two are killing me !

Do you want me to call the cops?

Show me on this NECA Predator action figure where the bad posters touched you.

Some of my favorite shots of the Predator in that final battle are when Dutch is crawling away, and the camera pulls back a bit. You see JH behind Dutch, watching. He's just having a stroll and watching. Casually grabs a tree branch as he moves under it. Just enjoying the high of the fight, knowing his victory is certain, wanting to see what Dutch tries to do next.

Wysps

He doesn't just take enjoyment in the battle, but actually savors it. This is a breed that gets more then a few "ha ha's" and "sick kill"'s from their hunts. There's something deeply ingrained in them that makes the hunt so satisfying, beyond a quick high. It's hard for me to understand, but that's what makes it so enjoyable to watch. What does this actually "do" for them?

Samhain13

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 30, 2018, 02:44:23 AM
What does this actually "do" for them?

The same that killing does to a serial killer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed